Player abuse

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LordSeth

Re: Player abuse

Post by LordSeth »

Give me the name of this player causing trouble I will Set him to outlaw.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Leone

Post by Leone »

Name and shame:

Herrero

I wonder if the rules around dragging spawn onto pets need revisiting? How many posts on this forum are about this issue?

Currently:

Dragging spawn onto players ❌
Dragging spawn onto pets ✔

It's an odd one to reconcile.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

LordSeth wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 am Give me the name of this player causing trouble I will Set him to outlaw.
It's Herrero, unfortunately I can't be 100% sure if it was upper or lower case, at the beginning.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Leone wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 am Name and shame:

Herrero

I wonder if the rules around dragging spawn onto pets need revisiting? How many posts on this forum are about this issue?

Currently:

Dragging spawn onto pets ✔

If these weren't paid for actual cash, it'd less of an issue. However, I can't recollect any mmorpg I've either played, or developed for where this sort of behavior wasn't punishable. But I'd want to discourage such players from attempting to maliciously harass those who are actually supporting the game. As I mentioned, he had been doing the same to others.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Slight misquote of what
Leone wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 am Name and shame: Herrero

Currently:
Dragging spawn onto pets

I would support revisiting of this the rule 100%

Spawn killing players is not allowed, spawn killing their pets is.
This does not compute!

They BOTH fit directly under Rule 9.

Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!

↑↑ I do not even have to go past the title of the rule to see why I believe this is true.

Killing a person's, $$ or Shop, pets on purpose IS reducing their game-playing experience!

- yes, yes, I know proof it was intentional is needed and I would accept that in a flash rather than a flat statement: Pets are the owners responsibility.

Scenario: You have a "comfortable" spawn going, just as you are surrounded a guy drags a huge spawn over. You can't run, you are surrounded, no way out and being attacked, you can't log instantly; the spawn plus the others being dragged over will kill you and/or your pets in the 11 second pause it takes to log since you are currently under attack.

IMHO: This is a case of these people taking advantage of the 11 second log off time to kill you and/or your pets. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Reading Rule 9 I see:
{snip} This includes spawn-killing {snip}

It does not say players only! It simply states: spawn-killing.

Therefore I say again: I would support revisiting of this rule 100%

BUT it looks like Herrero could possibly fall under Rule 9b:

Rule 9 b.
Harassment

Do not report this rule lightly! False reports of this rule may be punished as well.
{snip}, excessive hunting of the player, excessive threats of the player, extortion, blackmail, excessive messaging a player, excessive taunting of a player, and mainly excessive breakage of rule 9.{snip}

- with due investigation of course.

Gut feeling: Herrero has been told about this and will be laying low!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

TangledSwerve wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:25 pm If these weren't paid for actual cash, it'd less of an issue. {snip}
I'd have to disagree here.

Maybe less of an issue for you, but what about people that do not have credit cards, under age or by choice, that worked hard to get to level 125 to get a couple of green spiders. And are really looking forward to the next pets they can get; bats at 250 or Boss dragons at 360.

Also it's not about the cost of the pet, for me they are 2b game gold each, or where/how you got them, it's about the other person's actions.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

One of the problems is determining intent. There are situations where intent or the lack thereof is obvious, but you can't be certain. Players may word their report one way or another (I am not suggesting such here) to cast things in a different light, and we're all intentionally or unintentionally biased in some way.

I've had players demand money or they would kill my pets. That is pretty high on the intent scale.

I've seen players trying to exit a map with a single exit point. They are on red health getting chased by a swarm (might not even be their own) and there are pets parked near the exit.

If I filed a report in both scenarios stating that player ___ purposefully dragged a swarm onto my pets it would be technically correct in both situations.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

That's why I said:
LostKnight wrote:- yes, yes, I know proof it was intentional is needed and I would accept that in a flash rather than a flat statement: Pets are the owners responsibility.
I am always AFK!
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

This account can be corroborated by the player I was grouped with at the time. He approached us both. Herrero tailed directly towards that mob shortly after & dragged them back to our location, it was pretty obvious that his intent was 100% malicious. Our position was far NW near the edge, he was not trying to escape but lure them directly to us & our pets. He's a lvl 104 (Give or take) also.

Also, when mentioned this publicly after spawning at the start screen, several other people, including another friend, Angel1869, also mentioned that he had been lurking on those maps. Several account of Herrero either dragging the huntresses (Or fairies, in our case) towards other players farming crocs.
witch

Post by witch »

we all know pets are our responsability , and we need to keep an eye on them all the time , always check the little corner left map if you see red dots coming at you its time to run and find a safe place for you and your pets or log out but with enough time because your character stays in the game for about 10 seconds after you log , do not waste time taking a pic or a video , find a safe place and then report , log in after 5 minutes till the extra monsters dissappear .
Im really sorry for your pet i know the felling because i lost pets like this before , i understand your anger because pets cost you real money.
We are working hard to punish this kind of players now pics and videos are not always good evidence , we spend hrs looking at this videos , and many of the cases they're just trying to survive or a high lv have to walk close to you . And i have to mention this i saw many ppl parking pets close to a person who is spawing lot of monsters thinking like 'oh this guy will take care of my pet while im walking down to another map "(sadly no ,not all people are nice ) so please do not do that .
Its not easy to punish spawn-killers because we need to catch them doing this and as i said evidence is not always good.
I know this wont give you your pets back , but like i said we are working hard and every report you make we take it seriously and we open and investigation so last night i caught him doing this again exactly the way you said "spawed a fairy and spiders and brough them right infront of me " oh! Big mistake ! He killed my pets but its ok because this time i saw him . he'll be punish according to rule 9 spawn-killing .
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules