Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Trade Assistance - Report Scammers & Cheaters

Post by Leone »

I agree that things are looking much more positive than even a month ago and I want to qualify my following statement by saying that i have the greatest respect for any GM: past, present or future, who do a fantastic job on a voluntary basis.

I am as aware as anyone who plays the game and reads the forum regularly about the problems we have been having recently. Nevertheless, I am VERY nervous about the word 'fasttrack' being used in the same sentence as 'GM application'.

Why?

Our GMs are there as role models and bastions of integrity and honour. The application process should be there to fully scrutinise any player who wishes to join the GM team. The process protects the game in two ways:

1. It protects the GM team from allegations of corruption

2. It protects the players from less scrupulous characters joining the GM team

I'll end where I started. I have absolute admiration for anyone who puts themselves forward to be a GM, but let's not be too hasty.
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Agreed Leone. Wise words my friend. I got overexcited about the quality of players applying.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LIZARDKING wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:47 pm Agreed Leone. Wise words my friend. I got overexcited about the quality of players applying.
OOP! Me too. Thanks Leone.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
generous11

Post by generous11 »

sorry Dr Magic, you asked me that day about that gears I am really sorry. I was somewhat stressed so wouldn't tell it wrth from 100m-300m... my appologies.

super arch.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Hello all!

Lets keep this thread alive. Please report scammers here. There is a lot of scamming going on these days. Please report scammers here. Try to include screenshots when possible.

Lets publicly shame these bad players and get the word out to all.

I hate scammers. I want to punish them. I will hunt them tirelessly.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

ryaca_ wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:59 am Hello all!

Lets keep this thread alive. Please report scammers here. There is a lot of scamming going on these days. Please report scammers here. Try to include screenshots when possible.

Lets publicly shame these bad players and get the word out to all.

I hate scammers. I want to punish them. I will hunt them tirelessly.
Like ryaca I hate scammers.

I buy from trusted sources only now. One only needs to hear "He cheated me out of 2b", "I've been scammed" or one I heard lately, "He sold me an image, nothing appeared in my bag." to know they are there.

BE CAREFUL FOLKS!

And if I sell something, I go very slow, and take screenshots of each step of the process.

That's why I don't have any scammers reports.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

As requested under paragraph 7 of the reporting instructions:
a) My account name: SellSword
b) The account name of the person that cheated me: CTATA_B_TE (hereinafter referred to as "the cheating party")
c) Data and approximate time: 28-03-2019 22:07
d) No previously discussed trade. The cheating party sent an unsolicited trade invitation. Upon opening the trade invitation the cheating party showed an "excellent mithril ore" item. I offered 10m and the cheating party closed the window, then reopened it again. The cheating party again showed the same item, but after I accepted the trade the cheating party changed the item to a regular mithril ore and completed the trade.
e) The cheating party did not provide the item that was bargained for through the parties' actions taken within the trade screen.
f) No screenshot taken of trade attempt (using different device at the time), just taken of the cheating part after he scammed me. After the scam I sent the cheating party a private/green chat that it would be easy reporting. The cheating party proceeded to move upwards on the screen until no longer visible. The cheating party had other unsolicited trade invitations previously sent to me still, and after opening those the cheating party was initially purporting to offer another "excellent mithril ore" item before changing it out to a mithril ingot. I took no action with the latter unsolicited trade requests.
g) No language was spoken during the trade. My response about reporting the cheating party was made in English.

Just to reiterate:
CTATA_B_TE is the cheating party

I offered 10m as a low number and not getting the item while losing the gold has minimal impact, but it's the principle of the matter.

I do not believe I am required to post in the open forum whether making this report, albeit one that is accurate, brought the tiniest bit of fun. That is what a follow-up PM is for, if necessary...

In close:
CTATA_B_TE is the cheating party
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Ty for your report.
Paradise

Post by Paradise »

Big staff stealing my pet .. I just bought the pet in the store and went to sell it to him the pet disappeared from my backpack and the money he put in the trade did not come
cello117

Post by cello117 »

BIG-STAFF(BIG-SWORD) promised to buy pet by beginner LVL 15 for 5B! and put in the window of exchange 5k he accepted because he could not differentiate 5k from 5b. and Parasited is Brazilian and asked for my help to report this abuse. BIG confessed that he did this and refuses to return the pet or give him the Gold! this is a lack of character! Is that how a veteran like him welcomes new players? cheating him? please GMs do something about it because soon we will receive friends from another platform and everyone should know that cheating beginners should be punished severely! thank you
Attachments
Screenshot_20190330-170612.png
Screenshot_20190330-170612.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 3919 times
Screenshot_20190330-170548.png
Screenshot_20190330-170548.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 3919 times
Screenshot_20190330-165440.png
Screenshot_20190330-165440.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3919 times
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT