Ring of armour

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Ring of armour

Post by Leone »

As has been pointed out on this forum and ingame, there has recently been a significant change in stats for gear.

In particular, armour seems to have been reduced, along with magic resistance. I think dex has been increased as well.

These changes seem good for PvP players but not at all for those who attempt the pvm route.

My suggestion:

Ring of armour
Level 750
??? armour bonus
No regen bonus

Only usable by non clanned members
Not usable by clanned players or outlaws

Why a ring? Because it's not a 'main' gear item and ranged and melee can use.

Thoughts?
SellSword

Re: Ring of armour

Post by SellSword »

I think it would be nice as I don't PvP and couldn't care any less about it to be honest. If nothing else players could carry this and equip while grinding.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:09 pm I think it would be nice as I don't PvP and couldn't care any less about it to be honest. If nothing else players could carry this and equip while grinding.
Yes, I agree with Leon and SellSword.

Very good idea for a ring!

I see one flaw ... what's to stop non-clanned characters wearing it to increase their armour while engaging in PvP with a clanned member? Mind you they would be giving up STR and DEX and might not want to do that.

The +3/-3 levels still apply here I believe.

Maybe something else as well:
- wearing the ring prohibits 'initiating' PvP, to stop possible abuse as noted above, and
- it cannot be equipped if already engaged in PvP
- - IE: you are attacked and not wearing it: TO LATE!

Would be great for fighting PvMobs.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes, they were my thoughts. It's entirely pvm and not PvP.

To answer that question, if you wear the ring of armour then you cannot initiate PvP. (A solution?)

Think of the disadvantages to that as well as the armour advantage.

Having said all that, I like forum ideas:)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If an item wouldn't allow one to initiate PvP I assume it should still allow one to retaliate. Not my cup of tea, but locking someone into not being able to defend her/himself wouldn't go over well.

An alternate idea would be that the ring doesn't provide any stats at all during PvP like it wasn't equipped in the first place. Taking that idea a bit further, it could cause all of the stats to go negative if attacking another player.

Whatever the idea there would be gray areas as well, like heal blockers. I don't PvP, but I know there is more to participating than actual attacking.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 am If an item wouldn't allow one to initiate PvP I assume it should still allow one to retaliate. Not my cup of tea, but locking someone into not being able to defend her/himself wouldn't go over well.
That's why I said will not allow you to initiate PvP, of course you can still defend or log with that added armour benefit.
An alternate idea would be that the ring doesn't provide any stats at all during PvP like it wasn't equipped in the first place. Taking that idea a bit further, it could cause all of the stats to go negative if attacking another player.

Whatever the idea there would be gray areas as well, like heal blockers. I don't PvP, but I know there is more to participating than actual attacking.
The idea of the new ring is to give back some armour "defence" that has been removed in favour of the more "offensive" abilities with the recent changes. So someone that "tanks" for their pets to kill have lost ARM with the new changes.

Old: LvL 350

Code: Select all

RING Wooden Bracelet ARM:70 DAM:20 DEX:10 RSPD:1 PRICE:10000000
New: Lvl 350

Code: Select all

RING Wooden Bracelet DAM:30 DEX:25 RSPD:1 PRICE:10000000
A very nice defensive ring changed to offensive.

Seems like the the idea of FT being a multi faceted game, PvM, PvP, Grind, Quest, Craft, Fish, Chop, Mine is all being pointed to "PvP" even though it is only one aspect of the game.
Playstore wrote: Forgotten Tales is a FREE massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).

There is also offline version of this game called Forgotten Tales RPG: http://goo.gl/cy6bl4

The game offers many hours of classic RPG gameplay including exciting quests and tons of different maps, monsters, items and dungeons. Bring the world of Forgotten Tales on your device today and share your experiences with thousands of players all around the world!

Explore a vast heroic fantasy world and get lost in arid deserts or endless forests. Explore eerie dungeons, travel the sea to lonely islands with hidden treasures and use magical portals to other locations.

Stay the lone warrior or gather a party of adventurers to fight together against the forces of evil. Dark knights, elite archers, gruesome trolls, rabid orcs, crazed barbarians, mythic dragons, the Undead -- these hordes and many others await you in Forgotten Tales.

Use a variety of weapons, skills or lethal magic to slay your enemies. Gain experience and levels, solve thrilling quests and improve your skills. Become mighty and a legend yourself!

In the fantasy world of Forgotten Tales, clans exist and fight for the leadership in the kingdoms. If you want, join one or create your own clan to become the top clan and rule them all! Clans can craft mighty items after mining and collecting rare ingredients for them.

The graphics with it's bird's eye view makes Forgotten Tales a medieval MMORPG for Android devices, that sets you in a reminiscent mood.

Hack and slash action and MMORPG fuse in one ultimate game: Forgotten Tales MMORPG. And again: This top role-playing game is completely free. Give us a try! You won't regret it!
I choose not to be a part of the Clan Kingdoms.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

I want to point this
now: Show
Screenshot_20190515-220739.png
Screenshot_20190515-220739.png (991.61 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
before: Show
Screenshot_2018-09-29-15-24-18-522_com.dmstudio.ftmmorpg.png
Screenshot_2018-09-29-15-24-18-522_com.dmstudio.ftmmorpg.png (632.35 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
On +2k lvl you get more armor and less str and dex.

I lost like 200 str points and 300 of dex but won more than 1000 armor points
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
Leone

Post by Leone »

Interesting, Dave and a good point.

You've gained 90 levels so I guess that accounts for some of the stats difference ...but not all by any means.
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

Yes Leone. I have a screenshot shot in the same lvl. I need to search.

Anyways I prefer that str for mobs better than armor that almost not help. Dex is too high so loosing 300dex points no matter for grind.

And the stats on the photo are the same . Full strength
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

before: Show
received_441133953095918.png
received_441133953095918.png (557.07 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
now: Show
received_294296164796039.png
received_294296164796039.png (626.34 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TESTER