Forgotten Tales MMORPG 7.2 BETA

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Forgotten Tales MMORPG 7.2 BETA

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:54 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 pm In that case, I'll send a PM regarding 2 of my submitted skins that were added long ago.
Hey, I'll take one! PM it to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One is a knight with a blinking :?: above him, so it is the proposed "lost knight" skin! ;)
Actually, one was a variant of a fairy. I'm not sure the Knight wants to be quite that Lost...
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:39 pm
SellSword wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:54 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 pm Hey, I'll take one! PM it to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One is a knight with a blinking :?: above him, so it is the proposed "lost knight" skin! ;)
Actually, one was a variant of a fairy. I'm not sure the Knight wants to be quite that Lost...
LostWrath of the Knight's Fairy Brigade!
Ok!! That's better :mrgreen:
Last edited by LostKnight on Sun May 19, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

Crafting is BUGGED cant craft planks
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

Rothost wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:00 pm Crafting is BUGGED cant craft planks
Correction ... I have to be hugging building to craft planks...
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Rothost wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 pm
Rothost wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:00 pm Crafting is BUGGED cant craft planks
Correction ... I have to be hugging building to craft planks...
Yeah, I'd really enjoy having the range like it was before. You can still access storage from further out, but no crafting?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

XxBOGxX wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm Now craft is not possible at a distance, you need to fit in tight to the house.

This is not happy. 😢😢😢😢😢
Yes some people purchase houses that aren't actually in a place that's accessible :|
Before you could access all of the crafting and Storage with just being in view of your house. But now you can't could you possibly fix this? If this is not fixed several house purchases will become useless...
Let me give you an example Worf's House is inside the ogre halfling Village. I purchased that one because I wanted to be able to craft from the outside of the ogre halfling Village. But now sadly that is not possible. I still have access to the ogre halfling Village but it's a nuisance and not why I picked that location. Some people's houses are not even accessible at all therefore would be useless
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Interesting, because my houses I have to be right up tight to use em, being that there are no walls around them to allow one to access while fishing, chop or mining ... will mining I can as my homes are rocks.

So I'd like to propose all or none from a "certain distance". JMHO
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Before you could tap your house to open the craft/store buttons. You'd start walking towards your house, but once the buttons are visible you could walk away and chop/mine/fish before starting to use your house. That was an option with all houses, obviously depending on the surrounding area.

What is sort of odd is that you can still transfer items to/from your house at a distance without any issues, but not craft. So, partial use from distance allowed still...
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm Before you could tap your house to open the craft/store buttons. You'd start walking towards your house, but once the buttons are visible you could walk away and chop/mine/fish before starting to use your house. That was an option with all houses, obviously depending on the surrounding area.

What is sort of odd is that you can still transfer items to/from your house at a distance without any issues, but not craft. So, partial use from distance allowed still...
Not quite true, Sell. Within the range of your weapon . . . maybe.
→ Distances for my house: Show
Mine still the same.
20190520-100605.jpg
I can not chop and access my house from here, never could.
I start an auto-walk to my house if I tap it OR If I tap my house and start walking to this tree, I loose the house icons.
I can access my house standing between the 2 close trees and chop and craft. Or fish, if standing beside my house, but not from the other side of the pond.

And if I tap my house while standing at X, I auto-walk to my house.[/size]
→ Distances for your house: Show
What use to be.

You could fish from here
20190520-100901.jpg
And chop or mine the rock above you house - not seen
but closer than fishing
So: Bug or Undocumented Feature?
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Very true that I used to be able to fish from that spot while accessing my house. Same with chopping and mining the rock north of town.

If I stand in that same spot (or anywhere in sight of my house) I can still get the craft/store icons to show.
: Show
Screenshot_2019-05-20-11-57-15.png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-11-57-15.png (2.9 MiB) Viewed 3997 times
I can still open the storage option and transfer items while I fish, but no crafting. I guess I don't understand why one is restricted and not both. If the idea is to cut down on distance access shouldn't it cut down on all access? I don't get the inconsistency is all. (Yes, selfishly I'd like distance access to forge, but I'll get it. Cleo's report brings up more urgent issues than my preferences.)

As far as crafting goes, if I'm standing at the front of my house it's not considered close enough to craft. Like walking up from the human shortcut to HGM I'll tap my house and auto walk to the front, but no good. I have to walk to the back of my house to be close enough. It's a minor issue, but it is just peculiar.