Individual sandbox map

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Re: Individual sandbox map

Post by terminator »

Possible solution of all maps private, but if you enter their map password you can enter. Could be useful for private parties and fights, (Yes I think PvP on is good). Also could have spawn parties in a mod built arena of they made
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'm a bit hesitant about this one. Players are instructed (quite rightly) not to share passwords as this will lead to punishment. Having a system where you can share passwords in one situation but it is absolutely forbidden in another will lead to confusion and - undoubtedly- to player abuse.

However, if another system could be used (not sharing passwords), then this is worth thinking about.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

My understanding is that this is for development purposes, so PvP shouldn't be a consideration. The fact that you could quickly trap a player for PvP purposes is unfair (think of trapping a melee character or just putting up a wall so they can't get to you), especially if they have half of their screen taken up with the map editor.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
generous11

Post by generous11 »

good though lol I forgot that he wrote these ideas haha then I have another propose:
1- remove the attack/skills icon and make joystick transparent 50%.
2- a "move the edit icons" from upper the screen, cause when I went to build on upper the map; the edit icon covered the upper view, and didnt helped me to build up. if you understand what I mean.

best regards.
super arch.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

generous11 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm good though lol I forgot that he wrote these ideas haha then I have another propose:
2- a "move the edit icons" from upper the screen, cause when I went to build on upper the map; the edit icon covered the upper view, and didnt helped me to build up. if you understand what I mean.

best regards.
super arch.
Yup understandable ... and as for this:
{snip} .. make joystick transparent 50%.
That would be a GREAT idea for all buttons, menus, popups in both v6.8 and v7.

No hidden surprises
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
generous11

Post by generous11 »

LostKnight wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:03 pm
generous11 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm good though lol I forgot that he wrote these ideas haha then I have another propose:

best regards.
super arch.
Yup understandable ... and as for this:
{snip} .. make joystick transparent 50%.
That would be a GREAT idea for all buttons, menus, popups in both v6.8 and v7.

No hidden surprises
if the map was only 1 person it is better to remove combat icons cause no pvp there. also the transparency of all bottoms (and the remove of combat icons) is better then better then better.
thanks for comment.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

generous11 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm if the map was only 1 person it is better to remove combat icons cause no pvp there. also the transparency of all bottoms (and the remove of combat icons) is better then better then better.
thanks for comment.
However at times the "Attack" button is used to interact with NPC(?)s or portals, etc.

Keeping it makes the map react like a real map and in time I'm sure the "sandbox version" will develop to be a closer version to the real thing. It's a test now.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I was on a map and noticed something in the bottom corner I wanted to try removing, but the dpad kept getting in the way. I guess it could be changed in settings, but it does tend to get in the way.

I agree with being able to change settings in general (MadMikael has a great post on that with about all the detail you could want). A simple (so I say) change for the editor would be a top/bottom option for the menu. I think that'd solve some issues. Maybe a toggle on/off for the attack and skills icons too. Right now there isn't much to interact with (fishing, mining, and chopping on development maps don't count), but if there is later the option would be there.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

SellSword wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:33 am
compbatant wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm I removed sandbox map 4.-2 which was available for all and now you can create your own map which is accessible only by you (or GM).
This doesn't really seem to be correct. It is possible for you to go over to the next map and you can see other players too. I accidentally found myself on the next map over, said hi to DwarfTank, and went back to my own map.

Then someone came to "my" map. It was a friend's low level alt and he jokingly attacked me. He wasn't doing anything, but getting a pop-up message that I've been attacked by someone suggests PvP is active.

Then my friend started adding things to "my" map. I wasn't doing anything and he cleaned up his stuff, but apparently someone can just start adding things while you're creating? Not everyone would be nice about it.

There appears to be a bit of a flaw with how this is all working.
This should be fixed now :)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Thank you!