A change to "clan life"

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Lestat

A change to "clan life"

Post by Lestat »

As we CLAN members know there's a lot of drama with clans, mainly on how rules are interpreted. I believe clans are a different part of the game..but if they have rules they need to be separated from normal game. This would free up GM from alot of unnecessary work..rules clearly state that if u join a clan it is at your own risk..it even says so in game when u join..yes I have clans, but I don't cry about how wars are fought...it's a RISK of joining a clan...that should be made the rule...no more crying he blocked my gate..he made a clan to attack me...these are war tactics..Again risks..

As far as GM fairness..if clan warfare was removed all would be fair..I enjoy the game for it being this type game..I have both clan and unclan accounts for that reason..each to be played accordingly..i just think everyone deserves the same treatment and aren't sure it always happens..we have to trust that the GMs are fair..anyone that has/had a clan will have loyalties..so without proof of some sort we can't know if all get fair treatment..
But again I realize most of the complaints GMs get from people relate to clan in some form..

My solution...and you'll love this...make clans have a minimal set of rules..maybe even allow afk..but while in clan u gain no exp toward level up and no drops from farming...this only helps in seige and building...otherwise afk is pointless,but heal block would be allowed...
But if you leave clan u can level,but are bound to game rules..now you only need to check non clan issues..
Do you think you would get 1k messages a day about afk and autoclickers ? Maybe,but if clanned they only waste time. Let's make false reports punishable..y should they report falsly, GM work 3 days to find it false, and one that reported go unpunished ? This will cut down on reports over clan fueds or just plain I don't like you tactics..
Yes I give my opinion and can go..I'm not satisfied, not until I think there's no longer a point in trying. I don't judge anyone and I had originally said I thought clans should be a different aspect of game and have it's own ruleset..this can be as follows:
No 3rd party(this just keeps with main game rules)
No AFK(but not completely essential with next few
rules)
No exp gain while in clan(no more AFK grinding by clan
members which results in fewer reports)
No drops from grinding(same as above)
Since clans can only build on one map, the formation of
a new clan for purpose of warfare is allowed. This
includes but not limited to..blocking gates,walling in
other players,and other tactics that could be used in
warfare that are available to players in game.
GM will no longer answer any reports from any aspect of
clan either war related or other
JOINING OF CLAN FORFEITS YOUR ABILITY TO FILE REPORTS OF ANY KIND AGAINST FELLOW CLANS. PLAYER ASSUMES ALL RISK OF CLAN LIFE BY JOINING.

Just let me know what you think.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Re: A change to "clan life"

Post by Leone »

Interesting thoughts.

I tend to agree with Seth 's response elsewhere, but will add this.

Your ideas will benefit well-established clans but penalise new clans, so to be truly radical then destroy ALL clan bases everywhere and start with blank clan maps again.

If no xp can be gained for clan members (which I agree is a radical idea), then pay to win will become even more apparent. Why would a level 100 form a clan if he is to be stuck at level 100 forever (or at least until he drops clan)?

Having said all that, your forum post is an interesting - but controversial - idea that will hopefully encourage debate.

Isn't that exactly why we have a forum?
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

i have suggested all clan maps be wiped so we can purge dead clans and give newer clans some room to establish themselves.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

We could just add a new clan map and limit the level allowed to enter..
Yes I know..people will just make new accounts..let them,but by limiting the level of accounts able to enter this will even out the playing field..experience will be helpful but this will give all a chance..
As far as buying levels..this will never be stopped until players are given level caps..I honestly believe anything over 1200-2000 is too much..what then do we do with extra levels ? No clue..in fairness they could be exchanged for in game purchase credits..but this isn't the greatest idea.id say over half of in game purchases come from players over 2k..this would essentially cause a ripple effect and take money from game,thus causing a lag(or potential end of) game updates and possibly game itself.these levels could be added to others accounts of the players. I'm not sure,Compbatent would have to even agree for this to become more than just a thought.

Now I'd like to address some "clan bugs".
I remember when we first got seiges and people screamed bug because u could attack seiges. This was eventually told to be how it was designed..clan gates..this I complained about..now I see the need to make gates unrepairable..if a clan has max towers and max walls..these can be easily repaired by a strong workforce,even while being seiged by an equally strong group...gates are the only weakness..don't say we have catapults for this...not when if u build a clan on a map already established it's spam...there is no advantage of a catapult if u can't have missiles easily accessible. Therefore spam clans as we now call them..are banned..I think they are essential..same as gate blocking..this is an excellent defence tactic..makes seiging by a small group or clan easier and more effective..as the rules stand now.New clans have no chance to either build or attempt to clear an area to build..the clan rules as of now give almost immunity from attack by a weaker smaller clan towards an established clan...doesn't this take away from clan experience ? The easiest way to defeat an enemy is to disrupt,divide,and fight..why should clan life be side1 or
side2 or u can't fight ? This is our basic clan setup as of now. Certain parts of war..no matter how "unfair" the losing side thinks they are..are essential..
Now to wall jumping..given how bases are being built...because without a large army of high level seiges,we all know fighting max bases is pointles.wall jumping in certain areas if trying to attack will most certainly happen..there are maps with areas that if more than 4 or 5 players with seiges are there...everyone else will be sent over wall..allow it.. if there's a large enuff area u can't wall jump..unless u wall urself in..but then it's still time consuming.

Once again. These are opinions. These may not be the best or right choices but I'm just trying to see if anyone else thinks clan life needs some reworking.feel free to make suggestions and improvements you feel could help..maybe if as a whole ft community we can come to terms among ourselves that we find fair.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Now there will be a lot of criticism, but I will try tell everything as specifically as possible.

The fact that clan players will not be able to gain experience will not affect the number of complaints just that everyone will have to leave the clan when the clan is finished building and the only clan functionality is PVP.I also want to tell you that because of this there will be even more complaints.People will not be able to gain experience in the clan, which means that the struggle for any spawn will take place outside the clans.Which means that there will be very frequent cases of spawn blocking and more requests with complaints for GM.

False messages are difficult to distinguish from those to which GM simply did not have time to respond, or the player simply showed suspicious player behavior and I do not think that anyone should be punished for it.Perhaps there are pronounced cases of false calls that have nothing to do with the work of GM, but at the moment I find it difficult to give such examples.

Certainly there is such a topic with the clans that stopped playing.In general this -1.2 and 3.-3.But I do not think that all clans should suffer because of them.The solution with the new clan card will look much better and here I turn to another post Lestat.

If a clan maps is limited in level, it will be released so that everyone who builds there will not have the right to become above a certain level, otherwise he will no longer be able to visit his own map and that will not be good.

Fences.
Have you ever built fences personally?I'm yes, and it’s too easy compared to its destruction.You get each new level by building just one stone.Having two accounts, one that extracts the resources of the second builder, you can build a 500 lvl fence in about half an hour but it will take 10 times more time to demolish it in two accounts, even with well level siege.With a gate that still cannot be treated, things are better due to 2 boards and 2 stones for improvement, but I think this is without even talking enough ordinary fences...Personally, I think that they should raise the cost of resources for their improvement or their hp or resist to siege should be reduced.
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

I have seen many new players try to build. It's not about space. Look at map 4,2. It's about higher levels controlling every map. If you look at each clan map that is built you will find each map has at least one player 10k or more. You can not be level 50 trying to build versus 10k. The problem can never be fixed simply because players never leave and if they do they sell there account. (Don't try say shared accounts isn't possible) because we all know that's a lie. You limited clans to one map so users just create new clans. Some players have two to three clans. I personally don't see room for growth in this game and is the same problem most MMORPG face. That's why you see new legacy servers created. You see players hitting 10k , they create a second server. This allows new players a chance to compete and have a fair chance.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
Leone

Post by Leone »

One if the issues that Maks raises around dead clans has been discussed in the past, and the idea of buildings / structures degrading was raised:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15026&p=90771&hilit=Degrade#p90771

This would certainly mean only active clans could flourish. Whether it would help with what haters describes, I'm not so sure though.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Tommy also controlled all clan cards with 9k level and we also had one clan maps, oops, not even a map, but a small piece of land.
And if it continued like that, none of you would have said that it was bad.And we ourselves were silent about it and personally it was more interesting for me to play in the defensive team when literally every person from our team gave all of himself and did not give up when there were difficult moments.
Уou have a whole map to destroy which will take at least 3 months of active play in a team.Our situation was much worse and we coped with it.
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

We tried the gold upkeep for a week but to many complained it was to hard to maintain a clan. (Mostly inactive players).

I think we should look at bringing the tax back. This is why you have farms to help pay for the upkeep.

If not a building tax then let's look at adding a upkeep build. Everyday you must add 20 stone and 20 planks to a build. (Numbers just for example).

This would help eliminate inactive clans.

I think another good idea is stop people from clan hopping. 48hours is a decent cool down but does not stop higher levels from having two clans. What if each player had a clan reputation. Each time you leave a clan you loose reputation. If your reputation falls to 70% you can't be a Lord in a clan. If your reputation falls to 50% you can't be a marshall. If you fall below 25% you can't join a clan for x amount of days. You get reputation points for each week you remain active in a clan. (Active means log daily).
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

Mr_Maks wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:21 pm Tommy also controlled all clan cards with 9k level and we also had one clan maps, oops, not even a map, but a small piece of land.
And if it continued like that, none of you would have said that it was bad.And we ourselves were silent about it and personally it was more interesting for me to play in the defensive team when literally every person from our team gave all of himself and did not give up when there were difficult moments.
Уou have a whole map to destroy which will take at least 3 months of active play in a team.Our situation was much worse and we coped with it.
That's not true. I quit seiging on blitz map when I realized there was no fight.

Barely any of us came to the portal map for the same reason.

If one group controls every map with mutiple clans what's the point of the game?

You will find most people did not like Tommy or his shared account no matter what side you choose.

Also your war has gone on for four years. No one new has a chance. Either join you or join the other side. Not much of a game and most are bored fighting y'all's war....