Xp total not advancing

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Xp total not advancing

Post by LostKnight »

then reduce all the rest of the levels because they were grinded
But that would also affect people that bought 200 levels at level 305 because he wanted to get to level 505 fast.

Someone that bought 1500 levels throughout his gaming life could well be loosing levels for grinding at levels where there was no "cap".

A nightmare best left alone.

MM1's idea "change the cap from a single unsigned integer (2.147b approx) to a double unsigned (9.1 quintillion) and not have to worry about it any more." Makes sense.

And let the "they did it so i should too" go by way of my feeling of being cheated because crafting and selling Axe of Souls(500) to shops dropped from 81m to 63m or the Legendary Hammer(750) the selling price dipped down to 99m from 153m.
WHY? --> "They sold them for 81m and 153m so I should be able to as well!"

And a few other things I could mention that has my dander up.

"The rich and powerful grow richer and more powerful and the poor and weak get pushed down yet another notch"
↑↑↑ Sounds like Real Life too! ↑↑↑

No one is listening, no one cares. It's a change. You¹ not please all of the people all of the time. Work around it.

terminator

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm
But that would also affect people that bought 200 levels at level 305 because he wanted to get to level 505 fast.

Someone that bought 1500 levels throughout his gaming life could well be loosing levels for grinding at levels where there was no "cap".
The formula would first be triggered only if, 3378<Current level-(Bought +refferall level+Quest level). Then I see your point of only grinded levels, but is simply solved by doing, The "Grinded levels"-3378 to find all levels over the cap grinded. Only the levels over the cap limit would be changed. Would it be easier for me to post the formula I made? This is not the final, but pretty sure it takes most of it into account. I remembered that new quests now have the level bonus, so I forgot to add that part in. It would just be counted as a bought level
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:51 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm But that would also affect people that bought 200 levels at level 305 because he wanted to get to level 505 fast.

The formula would first be triggered only if, 3378<Current level-(Bought +refferall level+Quest level). Then I see your point of only grinded levels, but is simply solved by doing, The "Grinded levels"-3378 to find all levels over the cap grinded. Only the levels over the cap limit would be changed. Would it be easier for me to post the formula I made? This is not the final, but pretty sure it takes most of it into account. I remembered that new quests now have the level bonus, so I forgot to add that part in. It would just be counted as a bought level
If you have a "script" you think can do this you are talking to the wrong person/people.
You should be talking directly to Compbatant. He, and he alone, has the final say.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
terminator

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:18 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:51 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm But that would also affect people that bought 200 levels at level 305 because he wanted to get to level 505 fast.

If you have a "script" you think can do this you are talking to the wrong person/people.
You should be talking directly to Compbatant. He, and he alone, has the final say.
I know, I have suggested it to him, I'm just trying to sway popular opinion to help "nudge it"
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:21 pm
LK wrote: If you have a "script" you think can do this you are talking to the wrong person/people.
I know, I have suggested it to him, I'm just trying to sway popular opinion to help "nudge it"
OH. So it's a wait and see situation.
Last edited by LostKnight on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
terminator

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:25 pm OH. So it's a wait and see situation.
👍
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
Leone

Post by Leone »

Here's a solution:

What's the highest level of a player in the game? 13k?

Ok - let's say from 1st July onwards, any levels bought or grinded out up to level 14999 remain as the current system: from 3000 up to 14999 the xp needed is 2.14b.

From levels 15000+ we adopt MM's system.

Advantages:
No one 'loses levels' (perceived or otherwise)
Every player has the same chance for gaining xp up to level 14999.
It won't be a huge a project as MM mentions with the trade bug
It won't affect many players - realistically, how many players will hit 15k?
terminator

Post by terminator »

Leone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 pm Here's a solution:

Ok - let's say from 1st July onwards, any levels bought or grinded out up to level 14999 remain as the current system: from 3000 up to 14999 the xp needed is 2.14b.

Advantages:
+1000, Wow you make things really simple and ingenious! :) It will be a great shock to that first person lolz
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 pm Here's a solution:

Advantages:
I don't often re-quote whole posts ... but that one NEEDS to be seen!

If it's not the "perfect" solution it's way ahead of whatever is in second place.
Well done Leone.

___ Just Kidding ___
Oh and: kkkkk kkkkk kkkkk <--- there you go 15k easy peasy.
Last edited by LostKnight on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Thanks gents:)