It's time for Sebastius to fall!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

It's time for Sebastius to fall!

Post by Gullander »

Here is something for us to muse on and mull over.

Sorry this is a bit lengthy, but I have hopes the storyline of FT can be nudged along.
Let me begin by saying having heard from the veterans of this game on this forum FT
has ever been a work in progress. It has evolved and grown. The story line though has
lagged behind, I don't think players expected to reach 1000 (which i am around) or 2000,
or 3000, or 5000 and still not have finished the main story line! The game has grown
but the end game is still very much out there and elusive. This thread is an appeal
to wrap up the main story line. This is all that is lacking. We have Weisstein, the artifact,
Bal Muen, but Sebastius the clever mage still slips through our fingers. I realize many players
enjoy the playing and the friendship here in FT whether or not there seems to be an ultimate
goal achievable to complete. I value those too but I am also of the opinion a game ought to
have a "win" point where you have done what needs doing.

So here is my appeal to our FT game creator "please provide us a conclusion" not because
we want a tidy end but because you yourself made the story from early on to be that the
termination of Sebastius is the key to making the greatest impact on the FT world.
We are given an identity to relate to as the time traveler Ketram...a faithful ally in Ascanius...
and a noble goal to save the land. Let us do it!! Isn't it time now years later the story is
completed?

Ok so the question arises then...won't people quit then and look for another game to play?
Answer one, not if the action and friend interaction is what most players enjoy about it.
And answer two, a perfect opportunity to make a sequel either as a continuation of the present game and map
or a new one with same map, monsters, mechanics but with a new goal or nemesis.

Here are a couple of suggestions....

1. After gaining the silver sword and after seeing the defeat of his evil student Sebastius, Ascanius
is tired of being on the run, of being a recluse, an unknown figure and decides it his time to be a figure of importance in the land.
Little does he know this new ambition was the kind of ambition that made Sebastius turn to the darker side of things.
Ascanius does turn and the teacher outdoes the student as he gives himself over to the same evil and more.
Ketrams dilemma is what to do about his beloved friend and the story can go one of two ways. Either reluctantly Ascanius must die
or be turned by Ketram back to his former self. Perhaps another trip through time where Ascanius can see ahead to the end of his ways
and repents in the present so those evil days never come. The worst part of his vision could be the death of Ketram by his own hand.

2. A bit simpler scenario that Ketram has a twin sister he did not know of. She too is of royal blood but her path led her
to be a kind of student to Sebastius. So acute and effective was her learning she abandons her original name adopting instead the name Sebastina!
She is twice the mage and twice as evil as her teacher and like youth often do try to exceed their elders in what they do.
Ketram faces two problems the loss of trust with Ascanius who knew of her existence and the sorrow how one of his own flesh and blood
can be so fully given to evil. He must of course fight her but what will he do if they meet? Can he kill his sister or is their something
binding her that makes her the way she is? Could it be the spirits of past evil mages reside in the amulet she has worn all of
her time of training and rise to power? Can Ketram cast out the evil, destroy the amulet, or will death only sever it's power?

Anyway like I said something to muse and comment upon.
Retired
SellSword

Re: It's time for Sebastius to fall!

Post by SellSword »

Let the commenting begin then!

Honestly, I don't see making an end to the story the same thing as ending the game. Many of the quests are side quests as it is and are not overly essential to the storyline, though many of them are prerequisites for others. An "end story" quest(s) could take place with a level requirement of 1k or 1.5k, but it wouldn't have to stop players from playing the game. Other quests could be added here and there, for levels above and below that end story.

I would venture a guess that an active 3k+ player would continue playing for the things they enjoy now. They'd probably get a nice level bonus and keep going. Some of these players dont even complete quests as they aren't their thing.

Right now I don't believe that compbatant is actually doing quests. The last few quests have been put together by Kromelg, and DaHobbit had the Ardesia and Hobbs Gold Mine set. Seemingly huge sections of the game were put together by blitzcraig (you are awesome blitz! 😜 ) earlier... There are others, but you get the idea. I'm personally all for an "end," but it might be something that someone else has to do.

If you read the background story there is a rather amazing amount of detail there, so definitely some sequel material if that was the goal. I like your thoughts on that, Gull!

Honestly, it'd be nice to take the new engine and the multiple suggestions on improvements and start something. Yeah, it'd also be nice to fix FT, but games aren't expanded forever as eventually the new version comes out. I can see that someone who spent years playing and has several thousand levels would be resistant to starting from scratch, but many others would be interested.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I like this thread already!

Choice 3: Lord Silverwood is the evil pawn all along - as are you. He has used fear and intimidation so NPCs only discussed Sebastius in a negative way.

The REAL bad guy who controls the strings?
Big spoiler: Show
The wood cutter, of course
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Oh I like that twist!! :lol:
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I like that way you three think. I just don't have the imagination for this.

But super interesting reading.

For me: The butler did it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe the woodcutter, ....
→ Do not open!: Show
Whose hut is a secret dungeon with 4 doors in the basement. Each door leads to a different ending. However, you can only choose one door, because if you die, and that is almost guaranteed at some point, and come back to the hut, only the door you originally chose is available to you. Choose your ending path.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The original story has the location of the Weisstein as the final battle arena so no new maps would have to be crafted. Since Sebastius is met also in the library present locations could have added NPCs and quests from there without as much effort. Perhaps the Weisstein could have a final portal added going to a small room with appropriate astral time travel coloration for final encounter. Perhaps the silver sword as an awesome weapon could have a high resistance to magic and reflect off it's shiny blade most of Sebastius assaults. I think a merry chase with a variety of quests till the end could be done in the realm we have met Sebastius without the labor of new map designs.
Maybe at the end of the battle it could say " I am defeated!!!...cough cough...,he says with a contorted smile. You think why is he smiling? You press him before he gasps his last breath and he whispers " you think you have won back this land...cough cough...but it's only the beginning...ahhhh ahhhh he/she is coming....haha ...cough gasp.." He lies there with a sininster smile frozen upon his face in death. What did he mean...the ramblings and bluster of a defeated foe right? Who is he/she? A shudder courses through your body and the room hot with battle takes on an icy atmosphere.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑↑ You should write books!
I was always AFK!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

"She is coming. My life ends for her reign to begin. COME FORTH, MY GODDESS! LET THE POWER OF LI-NIR MUEN TAKE THIS WORLD!"
-Last words of Sebastius...

Next part, Li-Nir Muen tries to take a living avatar and becomes a new boss, with a new quest to banish her before the world ends as we know it.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OH! 5 doors in the basement!
I was always AFK!
g.jibladze

Post by g.jibladze »

i think this game will not have end while ill not be 50 years old in real life :D :D :D . because many wrote same posts to finish ever story line. i wrote too new story line after sebastius but idk its like Indian serial never ends :D .
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75