Clan "rules"

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LordSeth

Re: Clan "rules"

Post by LordSeth »

I will soon take the time to update the clan rules and I will ask the administration team is some flexibility changes can be made. It will be posted in GENERAL INFORMATION so just keep an eye on it.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Lestat wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 pm ...I think everyone should spend a week in a clan losing a battle and a week in a clan trying to seige , this gives those who don't want clan( their decision to make and I respect that) a better insight to our frustrations.

I think we are making progress and GMs should be commended on their efforts.
I am one of those without clan experience that made a comment. My motive was to support the GM team as it appeared to be taking a personal tone against them. I am glad for your final statement and glad the accusatory tone has changed. I apologise if my comments seemed dismissive and I was wrong to comment where very obviously the GM team is very capable of handling their own affairs. I wish good luck and success in finding a lasting solution.
Retired
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I like where this thread has led to:
A set of rules specifically suited to what is and is not permitted for clans (as opposed to other players). For example, a certain amount of banter/taunting is permitted based on the wording of the rules. However, there are lines one shouldn't cross, such as insulting someone's mother or anything inappropriate for minors to hear (adult content...). Things like that, what is or isn't spam building, and possibly other things i cannot think of right now, would be great to have specifically laid out for clans.
Big +1 from me on that, and looking forward to seeing how this leads FT to the future.
Omnes Autem Uri
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

This thread reeks of paranoia.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

ryaca_ wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:22 am This thread reeks of paranoia.
If that paranoia is that a player wants to know what they are allowed to do WITHOUT breaking rules, I'll take it. :lol:
Omnes Autem Uri
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Since when is trying to make rules more defined and easier to understand paranoid ??

If you think I'm breaking a rule..feel free to check.. I have nothing to hide.

Funny that's the comment of an unbiased GM tho.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Post by Leone »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 am I like where this thread has led to:
A set of rules specifically suited to what is and is not permitted for clans (as opposed to other players). For example, a certain amount of banter/taunting is permitted based on the wording of the rules. However, there are lines one shouldn't cross, such as insulting someone's mother or anything inappropriate for minors to hear (adult content...). Things like that, what is or isn't spam building, and possibly other things i cannot think of right now, would be great to have specifically laid out for clans.
Big +1 from me on that, and looking forward to seeing how this leads FT to the future.
There is another factor to consider when thinking about the issue of banter and taunting. FT has a PEGI rating of 7 (suitable to those aged 7 and over). Would allowing certain language to be acceptable under certain circumstances (ie clans) affect this rating? If so, then this becomes a question for compbatant, as it moves from ingame stuff to how the game is advertised on the play store.
vasinta

Post by vasinta »

Leone wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 am There is another factor to consider when thinking about the issue of banter and taunting. FT has a PEGI rating of 7 (suitable to those aged 7 and over). Would allowing certain language to be acceptable under certain circumstances (ie clans) affect this rating? If so, then this becomes a question for compbatant, as it moves from ingame stuff to how the game is advertised on the play store.
PEGI 7 is totally inappropriate for FT, for language and violence level/kind. I had a conversation with Compbatant about this point, like two years ago.
It should be raised to at least 16. Just have a read of the age levels description in wikipedia and have a think about how PvP relates to direct violence among players.
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

The paranoia I was talking about was Lestat bringing an old clan instance about Seths old clan wanting to destroy his builds and then having the audacity to ask if Seth still wanted that even though he is a GM. That's dumb. And I am unbiased. Deal with it.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

I have written and had been approved to post a explanation of rule 14 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=16946

If there's any questions I will be glad to help.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON