scammer report

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: scammer report

Post by Leone »

Ok - thanks for confirmation
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:00 pm
Hopeless wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 am there is that guy called thorin_3 uses a bug like a question mark and says its pet premium ishoesws first its a 500+2 plate then it shows question mark bann all accounts on his phone many people got tricked that way
I'm not sure about the answer to this, so I'm posting for confirmation.

Does the blue ? in your (edit: Cashew's) screenshot indicate it is an item not yet released into the game? I seem to remember something similar with (I think) the summon scroll.
Try it with an alt or friend. If you try to add more than one of a +2 item you will get the :?: showing.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Caveman567

Post by Caveman567 »

The pets show up, then goes to blue question mark.. I thought it was just lag, but got took.. The iImagetem doesn't show up in backpack.
Have screen shots.. Don't know how to upload pics
Screenshot_20190904-113343.png
Screenshot_20190904-113343.png (716.99 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

It's new to me since I've been gone a while, definitely a *insert profile pic* moment for sure when I first saw it.

Feel sorry for anybody falling for this scam.

Then again, the giant question mark / item flashing shoulda been a dead giveaway to stay away as most scammers try and flash gold amounts / items randomly hoping you'll "accept" at the right time.

That or the super obvious xxxxk instead of xxxxm lol.

Protip: always trade 2 fish whenever someone spam trades you; I've found most will stop or (if lucky) actually accept and you gets one helluva good deal. ;)

Ofc I will trade my 2 fish for your lv 400 gloves, ty meow <3
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Él no soy yo
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-09-04-18-07-09-021_com.dmstudio.ftmmorpg.png
Screenshot_2019-09-04-18-07-09-021_com.dmstudio.ftmmorpg.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3401 times
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

El Menda I will hunt this player down for impersonating you. He has broken the rules by choosing your name. Of course there will have to be an investigation to see who that player really is.

SellSword and LostKnight are correct about stacking 2 items to get the question mark.

LostKnight, whenthis happens are you able to transfer these items between your alts?
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Conseguí localizar al jugador. Y ha devuelto parte de sus estafas. Aún así hay que encerrarlo.

Llevo toda la tarde buscando personas estafada por este impostor, para explicarles que no soy yo.

Yo de momento uso 3 cuentas.

El_Menda
El_Menda3
El_Menda6

Esas son mis cuentas.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

El.Menda wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:29 pm Conseguí localizar al jugador. Y ha devuelto parte de sus estafas. Aún así hay que encerrarlo.

Llevo toda la tarde buscando personas estafada por este impostor, para explicarles que no soy yo.

Yo de momento uso 3 cuentas.

El_Menda
El_Menda3
El_Menda6

Esas son mis cuentas.
Thank you El Menda for your help. I will search for this player. :)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

ryaca_ wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:17 pm El Menda I will hunt this player down for impersonating you. He has broken the rules by choosing your name. Of course there will have to be an investigation to see who that player really is.

SellSword and LostKnight are correct about stacking 2 items to get the question mark.

LostKnight, when this happens are you able to transfer these items between your alts?
Go get him Ryaca ... and please: all of his accounts as well!

No, if the two items created a (?) they DO NOT transfer. But it looks like the transfer went through ... money goes though.

===============

Here something I want to say, I got word from TangledSwerve there was a scammer at Map 0.0 using 500+2 plates to use the (?) scam people and caveman5 had been scammed.

I met up with caveman5 and we chatted. I tried fishing scammer saying I was looking to buy a 500+2 plate, I was willing to loose gold to catch this guy, it's not the first time I have heard the name. And instead I was given a 500+2 plate (thank you cohvee - you're right it went to a good cause). I gave it to caveman55 to make this whole scammer thing less painful for him. And since he's a Freya I promised her/him a 500 axe since I am crafting them. He is at lvl 285.

I left caveman5 in the east cave getting keys for 35 chests that he did not know about.
Either way caveman5 is happy as "his story" had a happy ending.

Post by Caveman567 » Wed 4 Sep, 2019 @ 14:50 and the next post.

Now since this was in my text file to post before knowing Ryaca was hot on the trail, I'll leave it here as well:

Careful: El_menda_5 seen here is NOT associated with [CPO]El_Menda(800)[M] who said it was someone that is trying to ruin his reputation. [CPO]El_Menda(800)[M]'s "brother(?)", apparently, gave caveman5 the gold back.

So now caveman5 must be REALLY happy! I do so like happy endings!
He got his gold back (El_Menda - the real one), a 500+2 plate (from me via cohvee) and if he PM's me ... a 500 axe ... looks more like a scythe though, because I did promise him.

My personal thanks to El_Menda for what he did and cohvee for the plate. When my alt gets there I'll get another. :D
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

He hecho todo lo que he podido.

He conseguido que se devuelva oro o items a cabeman55, pieross, pk_pank.

No sé alguien más abra sido estafado....

No sé cómo consiguió engañar a la gente , no entiendo eso del signo "?" Azul. Nunca he visto eso en un comercio.

Pero me alegro de que las cosas se estén solucionando. Este tipo de actos son los que de verdad arruinan un juego.

Gracias cohvee y gracias a los GM.