King's Garden Quests

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Re: King's Garden Quests

Post by TangledSwerve »

The shield isn't attained from mobs, it's an attained quest reward. One of the pitfalls of a serially arranged questline is that if you try to skip parts of it, by buying the required item, etc, it won't work.

It's a confusing mechanic that in previous games that I've coded for, that needed fixing (Or clarifying within quest info) because to all intents and purposes it makes the quest(s) seem broken.

Just a disclaimer, btw. I do not code or provide any content for FT. Just have knowledge of certain mechanics where quest coding/writing is involved. This appears to be similar, in a fashion.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

TangledSwerve wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:26 pm The shield isn't attained from mobs, it's an attained quest reward. One of the pitfalls of a serially arranged questline is that if you try to skip parts of it, by buying the required item, etc, it won't work.

It's a confusing mechanic that in previous games that I've coded for, that needed fixing (Or clarifying within quest info) because to all intents and purposes it makes the quest(s) seem broken.

Just a disclaimer, btw. I do not code or provide any content for FT. Just have knowledge of certain mechanics where quest coding/writing is involved. This appears to be similar, in a fashion.
TangledSwerve is correct. All quests have quest prerequisites in order to proceed/complete, even if the only prerequisite is having talked with the NPC before. Lol. Finishing the part that gives you the 350 shield is required to complete the next step, regardless of whether you are delivering the same 350 shield or not.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

So the quest dialogue should say "that's the correct level shield, but I want x shield from x' or something similar.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Leone wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:10 am So the quest dialogue should say "that's the correct level shield, but I want x shield from x' or something similar.
In most cases, talking to the NPC is either impossible (without completion requirements), or gives the same message as if you didn't have the item at all.

As for your method, it COULD be done, and rather easily (excepting the need to type it up for all quests...), by adding an additional quest dialogue that triggers by having the item, but not the quest.
Omnes Autem Uri
Syor

Post by Syor »

Leone wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 am The bandits are the enemies under Kings Garden.

What exactly does the quest log say?
This is quest.

Under garden there are Stan, mage and axe.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191011-070011.jpg
Screenshot_20191011-070011.jpg (521.6 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

You don't have to defeat anyone. If you keep going with quests you will place bets with an npc and eventually win back the shield. Then you can it back to the knight.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Ok.
Tnks for answer.

Bye bye bro
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun