Take a minute to say: Thank you to the GMs

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Take a minute to say: Thank you to the GMs

Post by LostKnight »

I spent a few hours and found these, shown in order of date written:

Thank you and help, the thread; by Leone and my post there

Dec 2017 - GM Appreciation Month!; by me <-- should be very day of every month.

Happy Thanksgiving, FT Edition; by SellSword

GM - GameMaster - Masters of the FT World.

Now I'd bet a months pension check that there are a lot more instances of people thanking GM's, on the forums, for their time and energy spent doing what they do for us and the game they love. That basically gave up game play for you and I.
Some of us appreciate your sacrifice unconditionally.
Without you the game dies!

So to all Past, Present and Future GM's/Admins
I salute you!
You have my thanks
my respect, and
my loyalty.

Come on people show your appreciation. It's not something to be ashamed of.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Re: Take a minute to say: Thank you to the GMs

Post by Gullander »

It's like the old story about the husband that forgets to tell his wife he loves her. When she asks why he doesn't say it anymore he responds "if I ever change my mind I'll tell you". Although in a slight way that might be assurance that he still loves her and would tell her if that ever changes it still is important to both say it and for it to be heard.

Although I have said before "thank you GM's for all you do!" and I still feel that way...I will learn from my little example and say again "Thank you GM's for all that you do! You are awesome and this game would suffer greatly without your efforts. Thank you!" :D
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I can't put it any better than others have before, but a big thanks from me for all that you do!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Really well said. It's all true, GM's work hard and more and more players come with complaints(lies) to them.
More should lurn how much they work just amagin: making a game like this, listening to players saying... (example) "Omg I died by lag the game is terrible".
Saying thanks is not as much work, then they do but it is a start.

THANKS A LOT FOR MAKING THE GAME FUN.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Post by Leone »

Great thread.

We should look after our GMs as they try and do with us players.

From what I have observed, there can be a fairly rapid decline from GMs loving and enjoying their GM position, to disliking it, to dreading it and then inevitably- to quitting.

Who tends to cause this decline? Us players, of course.

So, being mindful of this and saying thank you every once in a while certainly wouldn't go amiss.

Thank you from me - to GMs past, present and future.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

GM work is often an exhausting, monotonous & thankless task. These are volunteers who have to put aside all personal bias and time to deal with issues that they themselves aren't always fully able to resolve. There are always constraints that we as players will not be aware of, that the GM team have to adhere to. Between a rock and a hard place is an apt description of any GM work. So, it's worth bearing in this all in mind.

Be thankful, be appreciative of the time they give and the personal sacrifice that is involved. Impartiality not only costs time, emotional strain but at times, unfortunately, also friends.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, my friendship is not for sale and not conditional on whether or not a "friend" is or isn't a GM or becomes a GM after the fact.

In the past I made friends in-game, and then with some outside the game as well, only to discover after the fact, that two were active GMs, and one was a past GM.

Then in walks the "Lion", MadMikael, came back to the game because of my not so little, any more, thread, he is still my friend although we are rarely in touch anymore - I miss him.

MadMike had to rap my knuckles a couple of times. To be expected I guess, I was new in the game, and this is my first (and only) MMOGRPG ever. So it was, and to some extent, still is a learning experience.

witch and LordSeth were friends before they became GM's, I stand by that friendship. I will do anything in the game for them if asked.

Ryaca, wherever you are my friend, I am still your friend, always will be. Be safe.
You did what you though right and well, what can I say: life is a vacuum at times.
Rock on and be strong!

There is something I must say about "ALL" of the friends mentioned above. NOT ONE, not a single person, has ever told me anything that goes one behind the "GM Curtain", and for that they have all earned, my loyalty, my trust and my respect!

KUDOS to you all!
LostKnight
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

And of course a HUGE Big Thanks from me to all of the GM members, Old and New ones. They were all fun and strict about the rules. No Bribes, No Breaking Rules.

Game without GMs is a City without Cops!

There's literally no one that can make things right, fair to all players in game and spread the Law & Fairness along all this game, Only GMs. They got our back (As a Legal Fair Player ;) )
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
witch

Post by witch »

Being a GM is not easy , some players are very rude and we have to deal with a lot of things , like : harassment,insults ,false accusations, and real life threats ,but despite of everything we're still here doing our best. I'm a voluntary GM and there's a lot of things that i can't fix or change , they are not on my hands , but i enjoy to help players.
we usally hear bad comments about GM staff , so this post means alot to me and i have no words to express how happy i am after seeing this post , thank you all for your kind words, i really apreciate it .
(^.^)/ !
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
Leone

Post by Leone »

We appreciate you. Thank you witch.

In all seriousness, if you're getting real life threats then there should be written something into the ft policies about this and it should be documented and signposted as such. Report it.

There is absolutely no excuse for this.