Clan service and the fate of active and inactive clans

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

Re: Clan service and the fate of active and inactive clans

Post by Barkley »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm
Barkley wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm The "siege" you mention will be in game soon. It was already announced
Oh I missed that ... got a link?
viewtopic.php?p=118484#p118484
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

yes I read it, is good but less funny :D :D
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Barkley wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:13 pm
Barkley wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm The "siege" you mention will be in game soon. It was already announced
But that is not a "siege" and not what hungry_wolf was talking about. That's just decaying buildings, and of course I knew that.

hungry_wolf's idea is to have a [CLAN] that is not a player clan, but one run by the "system" (server) on random maps at random times to siege buildings. Active clans would attack the "[Sys] Siege" clan and protect their buildings.

Inactive clans would have buildings damaged and not repaired, and if other clans on the map did not attack and kill the "[Sys] Siege1 to [Sys] Siege10" (as an example) characters they might just do a LOT of damage or kill an "inactive" clan over time.

Let me add to hungry_wolf's idea: they once they start to attack a clan, they attack all of that clans buildings 24/7/365 or until they are killed. Finished killing off a clan or being killed themselves and the random cycle starts again. :twisted:

I actually quite like that idea:
Stay tuned, different clan map, different clan attacked, different [Sys]clan time!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

hungry_wolf wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:24 pm I m not involved in clans anymore, but I don't like the idea of inactive clans. if no active clan attacks to check clan survey, I like the idea could exist a 'system clan' that siege randomly, if a clan is really inactive, would be damaged or destroyed. this would wake up some that think to own pieces of the game :twisted:
moreover, to compensate disturb of attack, who defeat attackers could get a reward. maybe could make game more interesting..
+1
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:27 pm
But that is not a "siege" and not what hungry_wolf was talking about. That's just decaying buildings, and of course I knew that.

hungry_wolf's idea is to have a [CLAN] that is not a player clan, but one run by the "system" (server) on random maps at random times to siege buildings. Active clans would attack the "[Sys] Siege" clan and protect their buildings.

Inactive clans would have buildings damaged and not repaired, and if other clans on the map did not attack and kill the "[Sys] Siege1 to [Sys] Siege10" (as an example) characters they might just do a LOT of damage or kill an "inactive" clan over time.

Let me add to hungry_wolf's idea: they once they start to attack a clan, they attack all of that clans buildings 24/7/365 or until they are killed. Finished killing off a clan or being killed themselves and the random cycle starts again. :twisted:

Stay tuned, different clan map, different clan attacked, different [Sys]clan time!
So I misunderstood it. But it is basecly that it damages buildings like what was announced...
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Barkley wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:11 pm So I misunderstood it. But it is basecly that it damages buildings like what was announced...
It happens. No harm, no foul. :)
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

SellSword wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:54 am I would say yes. Clan members are responsible for their own actions and shouldn't be allowed to hide with an argument of "I didn't place it here." How easy would it be to have some low-level alt place spam and others to work on it? Goes for the initial building as well as repairing.
That's the way I see it also.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Good idea, +1 Makes clan more noticeable and more active.
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-