Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

Post by TangledSwerve »

A newly player recently informed me that they had their entire clan pretty much devastated by the actions of a member who not only stole all the contents of their buildings, but then proceeded to sell almost of the clan buildings too. I have been pressing them to report this, however, it is unclear to me whether it would even be punished. I certainly would, but there's not really a lot detailing the dos and don'ts regarding clan rules.
SellSword

Re: Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

Post by SellSword »

Interesting situation, but I'm not sure what rule(s) the lord would have broken.

As far as stored items go they can be taken out by anyone with access and nobody should store items there they don't mind others using. How could one say the lord didn't have permission to take the items?

As far as selling buildings... If that's a power lords have it would be difficult to prove something something was against a rule. It's a tougher situation to argue, but maybe the lord says they misunderstood something that was said some time before or something. You would basically have to prove that someone shouldn't have done something they had the game power to do, right?

It sounds mostly like trusting someone that shouldn't have been trusted.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

agree with sellsword
spies and traitors are allowed in clan play, no rule can restore what is lost for trusting a player
it's sad but happens
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

As SellSword and hungry_wolf say:

A matter of who you trust.

Spies and traitors exist in RL, they exist in clan life. It's a part of the clan game.

I'm hoping/guessing he was booted from the clan.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

To answer everyone, the perpetrator did not have permission from the Duke to do any of these things. He simply ransacked the buildings, took their, admittedly meagre holdings (10 magic trunk) Then proceeded to delete all but one of their builds, before presumably leaving the clan. Granted, being Lord is to a degree a level of power given in trust, but I find it curious that it's regarded as within game rules when abused in the manner described.

However, if so, then let it be known that Arthas_M was the player who decided this was an acceptable course of action to take against a fledgling clan.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

idk how is now, past times when I started to become lord were necessary months of any kind of effort for clan, be present, faithful, work , fight, help all members. moreover, be able to organize and be known and trusted. this should be the way to choose a lord, and what I tried to be and find in others. this are my suggestions
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

hungry_wolf wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:48 pm agree with sellsword
spies and traitors are allowed in clan play, no rule can restore what is lost for trusting a player
it's sad but happens
No were in the rules it says that selling everything isont allowed. Besides how wold someone make a rule forbing it?
Idea:
"Rule x: no selling of buildings without promision"
Question 1. What if I wnat to sell somthing to let my other accs in?(assuming he would do it) Duke: I didn't understand rules but I think he needs punishment...
Question 2. Can i remove a tower before it dies to get gold back? (Asuming he does it) duek: no promision, reported...
Is an example but just think about it. If lord has no promision to sell so why would lord exist? Why wouldn't everyone make everyone lord it would not mater...

It just doesn't make snece to have a lord and ponishim him for selling. It's the dukes fault to lord him.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

TangledSwerve wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm To answer everyone, the perpetrator did not have permission from the Duke to do any of these things. He simply ransacked the buildings, took their, admittedly meagre holdings (10 magic trunk) Then proceeded to delete all but one of their builds, before presumably leaving the clan. Granted, being Lord is to a degree a level of power given in trust, but I find it curious that it's regarded as within game rules when abused in the manner described.

However, if so, then let it be known that Arthas_M was the player who decided this was an acceptable course of action to take against a fledgling clan.
Did any rule tell him to get promision?
Well I do agree selling all isont good but I totlay agree to it being dukes fault.
Who ever Duke was, everyone makes mistakes..
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Did any rule tell him to get promision?
Well I do agree selling all isont good but I totlay agree to it being dukes fault.
Who ever Duke was, everyone makes mistakes..
This is very definition of toxic gameplay, if there is no rule against it - there should be. And it should absolutely not be accepted as part of play, clan or not.

Trust is easily abused and the fault absolutely does not lie entirely upon the shoulders of the Duke. This broad acceptance and dismissive attitude of particularly dishonest & malicious gameplay feeds a basis of player that could be significantly diminished - if there were clear & irrefutable rules regarding it.

Until then, players like this will have free reign to ruin the game for others. And frankly, that's not something I will ever abide by.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

TangledSwerve wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 pm This is very definition of toxic gameplay, if there is no rule against it - there should be. And it should absolutely not be accepted as part of play, clan or not.

Trust is easily abused and the fault absolutely does not lie entirely upon the shoulders of the Duke. This broad acceptance and dismissive attitude of particularly dishonest & malicious gameplay feeds a basis of player that could be significantly diminished - if there were clear & irrefutable rules regarding it.

Until then, players like this will have free reign to ruin the game for others. And frankly, that's not something I will ever abide by.
You've got my vote!

And a nice clean avatar too!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.