Post by compbatant »

Brief:
  • Option for choosing different server in game settings
  • Support for lights, day and night mode
  • Improved AFK check
  • Opening text input initiated by server
  • Code refactoring and clean up
Long:
In settings window you can choose the server you want to connect.
Three options are available now:
  • Main server. In 99,9% you want to connect here.
  • Test server. Server only for test purposes. I will be uploading there new server code with bug fixes and and new futures before updating the main server to test if all is good.
    I copied there the content from main server so your account should be already there. In the future I will probably add there option for full sandbox mode where you can add monsters, portals, etc from built in map editor
    so you can work on new content and if it will be good then it will be added to the main server.
  • Local server for development - basically is for me and few trusted content makers who can work on their own local servers.
Day & Night mode!!!
It is still under development but this new client should be ready too handle all necessary things. Now I am working on server side. You can check how it looks in dungeon on start map on test server.
Some ideas: torches in backpack will give you more light. Torches will be craftable and you don't need any building for it. You will be able to do this from your backpack.
I am waiting for your ideas how long should be the night. 2 hours night, 4 hours daylight? There will be also dawn and dusk.

Improved AFK check.
Rotating window doesn't close AFK check window (also NPC quest dialog and other similar windows).
Client send to the server info that AFK window was displayed to prevent from situations where it couldn't be opened like during trade, shopping etc and server didn't know about it.

I added new packet which give server possibility to request opening text input in client. I will use this in the future so you will be able to answer immediately to messages received from other players.

I made giant code clean up which should help in the future with adding new features and easier finding bugs.

Edit:
To get Android beta version follow this link:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... o.ftmmorpg
To get PC version use this link:
http://dmgamestudio.com/files/ft7.zip
To get iOS version:
please be patient ;)
James142

Re: Forgotten Tales 7.4.0 Beta

Post by James142 »

Is there a download for PC or is it just mobile currently?
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

James142 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:24 am Is there a download for PC or is it just mobile currently?
It is for both.
I just added links to my post.
James142

Post by James142 »

compbatant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:27 am
James142 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:24 am Is there a download for PC or is it just mobile currently?
It is for both.
I just added links to my post.
Are they supposed to be the same links by chance, I can't download an app from google play on my laptop. Apart from that, it already says its installed, referring to my tablet and phone I'm sure.
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

James142 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:31 am Are they supposed to be the same links by chance, I can't download an app from google play on my laptop. Apart from that, it already says its installed, referring to my tablet and phone I'm sure.
My mistake during copy & paste. Now the link for PC version is correct.
James142

Post by James142 »

Thank you for the quick fix, looking forward to seeing the the day and night features. An idea perhaps could be different times have better chance to spawn the different enemy variants or times could affect drop chances.
The OG Rasta

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Here is a dungeon view for those who are curious. This is the small dungeon on map 0, 0 so it should be familiar to almost everyone.

Note that there are archers in the shadows that I can't see.
: Show
Screenshot_20191105-184856_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20191105-184856_Forgotten Tales.jpg (323.04 KiB) Viewed 6735 times
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Added skill: INFRAVISION!
Edit...but quest needed?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:54 am Here is a dungeon view for those who are curious. This is the small dungeon on map 0, 0 so it should be familiar to almost everyone.

Note that there are archers in the shadows that I can't see.
: Show
Screenshot_20191105-184856_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Looks Normal to me.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Great job comb. Thanks!we had no new map for a long time hope it will be added soon as well!!
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157