Forgotten Tales 7.4.0 Beta

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Forgotten Tales 7.4.0 Beta

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:54 am Here is a dungeon view for those who are curious. This is the small dungeon on map 0, 0 so it should be familiar to almost everyone.

Note that there are archers in the shadows that I can't see.
: Show
Screenshot_20191105-184856_Forgotten Tales.jpg
How did you do that??? What am I missing?
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:39 pm
SellSword wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:54 am Here is a dungeon view for those who are curious. This is the small dungeon on map 0, 0 so it should be familiar to almost everyone.

Note that there are archers in the shadows that I can't see.
: Show
Screenshot_20191105-184856_Forgotten Tales.jpg
How did you do that??? What am I missing?
This is on the most recent beta version.

When you are first logging in you have options for: Login, Register, Settings, Manual, and Credits. Tap on the Settings and you should see a "Server" option. When you go there you can select the "Test" server. (This appears to have data from a few days ago, so don't mind any differences or finding yourself at a different spot!)

I don't think there is much else to it right now, but it sounds like that might change sometime.

Maybe comp is working on a Christmas surprise! :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
XxBOGxX

Post by XxBOGxX »

that if in dark time days monsters will becomes stronger. ( a little idea for the future. )
С уважением XxBOGxX ;)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:59 pm This is on the most recent beta version.

When you are first logging in you have options for: Login, Register, Settings, Manual, and Credits. Tap on the Settings and you should see a "Server" option. When you go there you can select the "Test" server. (This appears to have data from a few days ago, so don't mind any differences or finding yourself at a different spot!)

I don't think there is much else to it right now, but it sounds like that might change sometime.

Maybe comp is working on a Christmas surprise! :D
Yea, saw that tried all servers ... was the same as normal ...
Hmmmm
I was always AFK!
XxBOGxX

Post by XxBOGxX »

compbatant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:22 am Some ideas: torches in backpack will give you more light. Torches will be craftable and you don't need any building for it. You will be able to do this from your backpack.
I am waiting for your ideas how long should be the night. 2 hours night, 4 hours daylight? There will be also dawn and dusk.

the duration of the day is 3 hours, and the night is 1 hour I think it will be more convenient
С уважением XxBOGxX ;)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

If this means that ALL of FT goes dark at night - those are hours I will not play, it will be a haven for PvPers, scammers and cheaters who drag mobs to pets and people.

/info of a black screen will not help!

The game is already tilted heavily in their favour!

Also the idea of mobs you can not see is not my idea of fun, but certainly a $$ experience for Comp as pets get killed in the dark.

Just my opinion.
I was always AFK!
XxBOGxX

Post by XxBOGxX »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:18 pm If this means that ALL of FT goes dark at night - those are hours I will not play, it will be a haven for PvPers, scammers and cheaters who drag mobs to pets and people.

/info of a black screen will not help!

The game is already tilted heavily in their favour!

Also the idea of mobs you can not see is not my idea of fun, but certainly a $$ experience for Comp as pets get killed in the dark.

Just my opinion.
I agree with you about the petomets murder. you won't even see the name of the person who did it.
С уважением XxBOGxX ;)
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

With torch you will have much bigger sight range so you will be able too see everything what is important.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Version 7.4.1. is ready.
You can now reply immediately to messages by clicking accept button in message window.
If you disable tap to move in settings window then your character will no longer automatically go to clicked entities (buildings, shops, monsters, etc).
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm not sure which version this update was in, but I like the less cluttered look not having all of the personal houses show on the mini map. From what I've seen chests, npcs, and my own house appear on mini map still. Ardesia doesn't look like a solid white mass either! :)

Nice!
Ardesia mini map: Show
oie_M8OrVV9lRwfP.jpg
oie_M8OrVV9lRwfP.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.