Reconsider Building Level Caps

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Reconsider Building Level Caps

Post by LostKnight »

Sadly is seem the damage is done. How could it possibly be repaired.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

I am in agreement, when u watch a mage, without sieges, single handedly kill a maxed build of any kind, it is time for a change, whether it be a higher resistance to player damage, or higher hp on builds, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE... It takes 5 mages with high lvl skills to max a build in a couple days but 1 high lvl mage can kill it in less than a day? We been told that the creator was going to balance the classes...how does that balance out???
SUGGESTIONS:
Clan Duke Helper (Post Thu Jun 23, 2016)
Clan pet storage (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Outlaw penalty (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Gear UpGrades (Post Thu Feb 22, 2018)

[ok] Rothost (D)- Amazon
[SMRF] Rothosta (L)- Huntress
[WAAR] Roth (D)- Freya
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

And yet still nobody has actually done anything to change this :|
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Rothost wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:05 pm I am in agreement, when u watch a mage, without sieges, single handedly kill a maxed build of any kind, it is time for a change, whether it be a higher resistance to player damage, or higher hp on builds, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE... It takes 5 mages with high lvl skills to max a build in a couple days but 1 high lvl mage can kill it in less than a day? We been told that the creator was going to balance the classes...how does that balance out???
Exactly.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Rothost wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:05 pm I am in agreement, when u watch a mage, without sieges, single handedly kill a maxed build of any kind, it is time for a change, whether it be a higher resistance to player damage, or higher hp on builds, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE... It takes 5 mages with high lvl skills to max a build in a couple days but 1 high lvl mage can kill it in less than a day? We been told that the creator was going to balance the classes...how does that balance out???
Un mago 5k, no tumba una torre 2850 en un día el solo.... Por dios....
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

There is no magic solution to this.

I personally think clan structures take way too long to destroy.

If compbatant did change this, he could never make everyone happy and there would be many complaints once way or another.

I do actually support raising the level cap of clan structures though I do not know what the cap should be raised to.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

The magic solution to this is, ironically, to remove magic damage against buildings, as well as to limit siege damage ;)
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

WARBRINGER wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm The magic solution to this is, ironically, to remove magic damage against buildings, as well as to limit siege damage ;)
Actually, siege damage doesn't need affected NEARLY as much as removing player damage. Players without sieges shouldn't be able to kill a building, regardless of their level.
Omnes Autem Uri
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:53 am
WARBRINGER wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm The magic solution to this is, ironically, to remove magic damage against buildings, as well as to limit siege damage ;)
Actually, siege damage doesn't need affected NEARLY as much as removing player damage. Players without sieges shouldn't be able to kill a building, regardless of their level.
+1
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Makes one wonder!

I think players should be able to destroy buildings, in exactly the reverse manner of which they are built plus a modified time factor. After all if man can build it man can destroy it.

Take "Motley". I do not care about his skill levels or affinity. Whoever he is they came into play when he built the building and "skills" should come into play destroying a building. Enter the NEW SKILL: Destroy

And "Destroy", must be built up exactly the way other skills are increased: by using it.

"Motley" has to mine "stone" and cut trees to make "planks" from the trunks to build a building.

In order for "Motley" to "Destroy" a building:
  • If a building has 20,000 stones and 20,000 planks it should take "Motley", by himself, at a minimum, hacking away at a building as long as it takes him to:
    1. mine 20,000 stones, and
    2. put them into the building,
    3. and chop 20,000 trunks and craft to planks
    4. and add those to the building.
    5. + a 25%¹ time factor for clearing the debris created from broken stones and burning the planks.
Since a building can not be built by magic, a mage must mine stone and chop trees for material after all, it should not be destroyable by magic. Otherwise a mage could just go "BLINK" and a max'd building would exist!

These are just my thoughts.