Day & night, lights

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Day & night, lights

Post by SellSword »

Barkley wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:56 pm this should not be dark...
comp has asked that we send him location info via PM.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I went into orc dungeon to mine some iron. Crafted a torch four times and each time when I try to use it by pressing the green arrow it extinguished every time. I had one extinguish yesterday too above ground when I tried to use my axe again after making first torch. Am I doing something wrong? thanks
Retired
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Gullander wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:51 pm I went into orc dungeon to mine some iron. Crafted a torch four times and each time when I try to use it by pressing the green arrow it extinguished every time. I had one extinguish yesterday too above ground when I tried to use my axe again after making first torch. Am I doing something wrong? thanks
Green arrow is exactly for extinguishing torch ;) after crafting torch you don't need to do anything just keep it in backpack.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Hahaha...thank you!

I made a campfire in the dungeon and had to log off and on. When I came back second or third time campfire was gone. It was only a few seconds logged off only. Also in my opinion the light in dungeon is so much less than outside use. Shouldn't light cast equal distance and brilliance in dungeon as at night outside? Very interesting new feature to game!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

You might consider lighting the dungeon under the library or at least adding lights there. It doesn't make sense for the monks to be wandering around in the dark. The only monster is the random single rat appearance.
Retired
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Gullander wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:56 pm You might consider lighting the dungeon under the library or at least adding lights there. It doesn't make sense for the monks to be wandering around in the dark. The only monster is the random single rat appearance.
Please tell me map name. Use "/pos" command to get it. I don't remember map names.
Regarding camp fires. If everybody leaves map then map is shut down and camp fires are removed.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Just a thought here, but the game already has a candle item that is used for the Weisstein quest. The candle won't be available to players of really low levels so the torches are still needed, but could they somehow be worked into the lighting issue?

I'm not sure exactly what this use would be. Either more light or a greater radius of light are pretty much the options as far as moving around in the dark. Something like reviving a campfire maybe? It makes sense that the logs burn up though so I'm really just reaching here.

Any other ideas for working in the candle?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Just visited the dungeons under Silverwood and the glowing mineral outcrops are really cool! Might consider at a future date making the glowing skeletons and glowing spiders there actually glow in the dark. Again very cool!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

@compbatant
The lower library dungeon is big map 3.2, specific map position near entrance is 131.131.56.56.
Hope that helps.
Retired
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Gullander wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 pm Just visited the dungeons under Silverwood and the glowing mineral outcrops are really cool! Might consider at a future date making the glowing skeletons and glowing spiders there actually glow in the dark. Again very cool!
That is nice idea!