Day & night, lights

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: Day & night, lights

Post by Gullander »

Perhaps the torch and campfire for use in dungeons could be increased in range. The highest range enemy can fire from is 12 spaces away. Maybe a third lighting option with a duration like magic torch made from magic trunks? One for a magic torch range 14-15 and a magic campfire from three magic trunks with slightly farther range. Night and dark should be more difficult. This would provide an option but require a bit of work to get the magic trunks. It makes sense if you are going to make an adventure into a dimly lit dangerous dungeon you should prepare.
Retired
Syor

Post by Syor »

but let's say that the magic torch can go well (as long as it is infinite) but there are those who, like me, spend a lot of time in the basement ... both for stones and for making XP.

I believe that a solution must be found, as they say above, that pets are my responsibility, but so they die and I don't even know how they died.

Thus there is no blind game.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If a torch is permanent I think one magic trunk to make a better torch would be easy enough.

I noticed in some dungeons that there are plants/rocks that give off a glow that isn't as yellowish as that of the torch. Maybe that could be the glow of a magic torch.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

tbh, I like :D
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

How about a craftable night vision potion. Make it last for say 30 to 60 minutes.
It would allow you to see the entire area like it was without darkness.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Melkor wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:18 pm How about a craftable night vision potion. Make it last for say 30 to 60 minutes.
that sound real good idea !

like it !

Greetings...SK
DUKE of SK-Clan
Syor

Post by Syor »

Melkor wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:18 pm How about a craftable night vision potion. Make it last for say 30 to 60 minutes.
Uhm......Interesting
You could create an infravision helmet ..... or craft .....

Uhm......
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Of course the obvious though perhaps unrealistic approach is for the dungeons to follow the same cycle as above. This is already in place in the library. Three hours light for grinding red vlads then it gets dark for an hour. Perhaps all dungeons could follow this as well so additional risk only 25% of the time.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gullander wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:08 pm Of course the obvious though perhaps unrealistic approach is for the dungeons to follow the same cycle as above. This is already in place in the library. Three hours light for grinding red vlads then it gets dark for an hour. Perhaps all dungeons could follow this as well so additional risk only 25% of the time.
...and other dungeons, for that matter.

I like the new day/night system , but appreciate the comments been made. This idea of gull's is great. In the hour of darkness indoors, you have teams of NPCs frantically running round for an hour finding replacement candles!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I just noticed the houses in Ardesia are dark like dungeons! The bar is lit inside but even the travel agency and churches and mage buildings are shrouded in darkness. I think every location needs a check and turn on lights where it makes sense for lights to be. Ardesia is inhabited and should be lit up in all the buildings accessible without doing a quest. The cemetery scenario might make sense to be dark for instance.
Retired