Gears , playstyles and skilltree

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

Re: Gears , playstyles and skilltree

Post by Nahgus »

compbatant wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:56 pm Adding skill tree is good idea. I was thinking about it too. We have working code from Omega Vanitas :) Please prepare skills propositions for each class and we can discuss them. We need also level requirements for them.
could also add hunger so players have to buy and gather ingredients and make food

would also keep players from afk grinding with auto clicker since they would have to payattention to hunger meter
Ryaca_1 is retired
theking

Post by theking »

What is the use of my magician 5k using a potion? high wizards do not need potion put another skill to the wizard which you say is absurd.
theking (mage) lvl 6000🧙‍♂️
jaironerja (arch) lvl 4002🏹
thekingdwf(dwarf) lvl 160⛏️
zaape (swordman) lvl 100🗡️
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

there should be a group of skills to chose from...both offensive and defensive..for each group...and have it divided into more of a class structure instead...for example sword chooses path of paladin or warrior each with its own grouping of skills. paladin would be higher defensive and warrior higher attack.
archer could go sniper(higher range less defense) or hunter (higher attack and defence with less range)
orge could be tank(high defence) or slaughter(hi crit)
dwarf could be beserker(attack) or guardian(defence)
mage could be wizard(hi attack with lower heal) or bishop (lower attack but higher heal)

give each "class" a group of 6 skills to choose from with 4 available for use. this will lower carried pots to be usable, but give each person the ability to customize according to play style. one class is chosen you cannot go back. this would make stat development more neccesary and promote more group style play. would also help balance the OP mage.. they wouldnt have high heal and massive damage, they would have to choose one style over the other. would also give dwarf a pvp style
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Grahf wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:38 pm Before thinking of skill trees i would think time spent to finally put an end to how unbalanced classes are in pvp would be time spent more wisely in my opinion. Like giving dwarfs an actual useful skill in pvp but what am i saying classes balancing and skill trees will probably NEVER HAPPEN
Skill trees actually have the chance to balance ALL classes. They can give dwarves the needed skills/perks to stand up in PvP. They can balance a mage by making them choose whether or not they prefer damage or healing, instead of spamming both. They can even affect class affinities by giving passive effects that aid/nerf their skills.
Balance can be achieved, and giving players a choice in how they play will be that balance.
Omnes Autem Uri
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

there should be a group of skills to chose from...both offensive and defensive..for each group...and have it divided into more of a class structure instead...for example sword chooses path of paladin or warrior each with its own grouping of skills. paladin would be higher defensive and warrior higher attack.
archer could go sniper(higher range less defense) or hunter (higher attack and defence with less range)
orge could be tank(high defence) or slaughter(hi crit)
dwarf could be beserker(attack) or guardian(defence)
mage could be wizard(hi attack with lower heal) or bishop (lower attack but higher heal)

give each "class" a group of 6 skills to choose from with 4 available for use. this will lower carried pots to be usable, but give each person the ability to customize according to play style. one class is chosen you cannot go back. this would make stat development more neccesary and promote more group style play. would also help balance the OP mage.. they wouldnt have high heal and massive damage, they would have to choose one style over the other. would also give dwarf a pvp style

added to previous

make affinity as a passive skill with the following choices

craft...this gives a small boost to drop rate from mobs,mid boost to mine,chop,high boost to craft,but takes away from hammer,fish and seige

builder...this gives a small boost to fish, a mid boost to mine,chop, and a high boost to hammer but gives nor takes from drop rate,takes from craft and seige

seiger. this gives high boost to seige but takes from mine,chop,fish and gives no change to drop or hammer
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

received_2491946347571287.jpeg
received_2491946347571287.jpeg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
received_2723645127695738.jpeg
received_2723645127695738.jpeg (72.77 KiB) Viewed 3778 times

not sure if its possible but here is some ideas on class specializations and skill possibilities. also a possible 3 types of passive side class(crafter,builder,seiger)
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Very interesting thoughts there, and good to see more of a comprehensive list.

Assuming some type of specialization I suppose that would have to start after a certain level? Mages can use their first spells at level 5 I think, and that's the earliest of the classes. There could be some changes with levels where skills/scrolls could be used, but probably make everyone select when those become available?

Would this be something that could be reset easily? Like I'm a Swordsman-Gladiator and go to the stats reset magus and decide that I want to be a Swordsman-Paladin? Possibly with that choice my STR is automatically capped until I assign enough ARM to stay under the 40% threshold, for example.

Or would this be something where you would have to buy a stats reset? I doubt the current stats reset item available for real money sells as well as other things, so maybe that would reset stats and allow a change?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

stat reset such as str,arm,dex would be able to still be changed. class change such as gladiator to paladin should be a cash purchase. depending on how many skills you can have active(not sure 6 active skills will be a choice)perhaps 4 active skills? but a skill change could be an ingame gold requirement.

maybe make your initial choice ( glad or pally) permanent and skill reset a cash purchase.

to avoid abuse of afinities tho, those, if given the ability to be changed, should cause all to revert back to zero. this would stop players from just switching passives to boost all skills
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Syor

Post by Syor »

Lestat wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:38 am Omissis img

not sure if its possible but here is some ideas on class specializations and skill possibilities. also a possible 3 types of passive side class(crafter,builder,seiger)
perfect
I like it very much, however the double way of each class would be chosen by 4 skills.
I'll explain

At level 30 I choose a way for my character
At 60 levels the second ability between the two ways
Level 90 the third always chosen between the two routes
At level 150/200 the fourth
At level 500/750 the fifth skill that is permanent

Credo già che 4 skill siano troppe per via di 4 pulsanti, più pozioni e varie avrei metà schermo inutilizzabile.

Quindi metterei 4 skill attivabili e 1 a livelli altissimi permanente.

Lestat pubblica la tua idea anche nell'altro post. È una bella idea.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Lestat wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:38 am received_2491946347571287.jpeg

received_2723645127695738.jpeg

Even if not possible to be implemented as written (Idk if it is or not), these are great ideas for further development of skills/skill trees.
Omnes Autem Uri