Pet killers 4

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Pet killers 4

Post by ryaca_ »

I copied this from another post that I had made in another thread just to spread the word. Pets ate a very touchy subject and most players that post in these forums have their minds so clouded with hate and anger, that they don't really accomplish anything except venting. But posts made in anger rarely ever accomplishes anything and that anger hurts everyone involved.

I will certainly punish pet killers if enough evidence is provided. Please always send me or the other GM's the exact FT time and the map coordinates. If possible, take a screenshot. A screenshot isn't absolutely necessary, but it helps us get the exact spelling of the offending players name. Some players have ridiculous names with capital and lowercase letters as well as numbers included in their names.

If you wish to report a player, you must include the exact FT time and date and map coordinates by typing /info. Then you need to try to take a screenshot of the accused player or submit the EXACT spelling of the players name to us. Then tell us exactly what happened in your own words and give as many details as possible.

Keep in mind that requesting the chat logs will take time so please be patient. Chat logs do not just show chat but also show every single action that a player makes. If there is more than one player involved we are taking hundreds of lines of chat logs. These logs take a very long time to read due to the way that they are written out in the code.

It is extremely hard to punish pet killers and takes A LOT of time. The more evidence that players can provide, the better.

Lastly, almost 90% of pet killer reports are false and fabricated and they are made by players trying to get revenge on their enemies or made by players that shouldn't have had their pets in a dangerous area or made by players that see a player traveling across a map that spawns some extra mobs behind them and those mobs get dropped on another players pets(THIS IS NOT PET KILLING OR ATTEMPTED PET KILLING).

All of these false reports waste the GM teams time. On top of that, we have numerous other tasks that were must attend too.
Last edited by ryaca_ on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leone

Re: Pet killers 4

Post by Leone »

I'd like to provide an example of pets being in a dangerous area - mainly as it is on my mind from an incident yesterday.

I was inside Devils Island castle and had spent most of a level spawning devil mushymen in one of the rooms. At level 2k+ with bees I can quite happily spawn several at once. They remain in the room with little danger to passers by.

Whilst spawning the monsters, a dot appeared on the minimap. I was at the entrance to the room and the other player at the far side surrounded by three walls. The player then approached me with an ogre halfling and said that I had tried to kill his pet. He then logged out.

Now that was his perception of what happened and here is mine.

* I'd been there around 30-40 minutes and he just appeared whilst I was spawning monsters
* I stopped spawning the monsters when he engaged in dialogue (my contribution to the conversation was simply a ?)
* If his pet is in immediate danger he shouldn't be there anyway
* If he chooses to level there, then there will always be a similar sort of risks with those pets (why not choose a more resilient pet?)
* He most definitely shouldn't have logged out where he couldn't escape quickly

One incident and two completely different perceptions of what happened. No wonder investigations are difficult.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

That example is exactly what I'm talking about Leone.

That player accused you of trying to kill his pet and that is not what happened at all.

So many players adopt this attitude. They act like since pets cost real money that it is everyone else's responsibility to care and watch out for their pet.

It's getting pretty ridiculous. A player crossing a map will naturally spawn some mobs as they walk across. If a player with pets is nearby, the player crossing the map will be accused of trying to kill someone's pets and that it's in fact not the case.

People act like real money pets are Gods sent from the Heavens that all players must worship and revere. This is not however the case.

Pet killing is a deliberate act where a player spawns 5-10 mobs and intentionally drags them onto a player and there pets. Although this does actually happen, it's a lot rarer than most would think.

I have also noticed that players with Ogre Halflings as pets are the players that submit the most reports claiming pet killing. When I see the areas that they take these Ogre Halflings, I just shake my head. Of course those pets will die in those high risk dangerous areas.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Please make sure that if you submit a report that you include as much information as possible. Type /info to get the exact FT time and date. You don't have to type/info at the exact time that your pets are in danger but definitely as soon as you can after the incident. If that happens, explain that the tone you submitted was in fact after the intial attack. You don't have to screenshot the tine and date, but at least write it down. So many players just don't do this. I won't even look into it without an FT time or date.

Please take a screenshot of the offending player and the FT time and date if possible or write their name down with the EXACT spelling and the FT tine and date.

Insufficient information will not help to catch any rule breaker and makes our job much harder.

I cannot stress this enough. If you don't have the players exact name spelling and the FT time and date when the event happened, then nothing will probably be done to investigate.

And last but not least, it will take much time to investigate and take action if any action is to be taken, so be patient. I've seen players in Mchat screaming for vengeance and blood and demanding that we GM's log on right away and rush to their location and jail the accused player. This is not the way that it works. It may take weeks before you even hear from us.

Players, take care of your pets and watch over them always and watch that mini map for dots heading your way. Take care and always be cautious.
WARBRINGER

Re: A Question Regarding Pet Killing

Post by WARBRINGER »

So, here's a theoretical scenario that could very much occur and has happened to me before;

You're a level 200 ogre with two Staff Stan pets. You decide to venture onto map (1,3), and walk up slightly, triggering a spawn of Pharoah spiders and Green Spiders, which run towards you, their fangs dripping with poison, waiting to feast upon you. You spot your pets HP draining quickly, and so run to either one of the two pathways out of the map - but someone has parked their level 125 green spiders there, which are no match for the ferocious beasts following you. Leaving the map would result in them starting to attack the other player's pets, surely resulting in their imminent death - which by definition is accidental pet slaughter! But if you do not run to the other map, you would surely lose your pets. In a situation like this, I am left wondering, is it classed as pet killing? Is it punishable? Are you simply to let your pets die? I'm hoping someone, likely Ryaca given it's his area of expertise, can shed some light on this conundrum.

Rawr.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Presumably the player who parked their spiders is watching this all unfold on the mini map, or should be. If you park your pets somewhere away from you so that you can't try to control what is happening around them you should be watching out for them. Parking your pets may be unavoidable, but it's a risk you take if you do it.

Not a GM, but that's my thought.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

SellSword wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:50 pm Presumably the player who parked their spiders is watching this all unfold on the mini map, or should be. If you park your pets somewhere away from you so that you can't try to control what is happening around them you should be watching out for them. Parking your pets may be unavoidable, but it's a risk you take if you do it.

Not a GM, but that's my thought.
But that can apply to both deliberate and accidental pet killers, so we are still faced with the same dilemma :shock: Is it an offense?
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Post by Leone »

War - compare my example of ogre halflings with your example of green spiders and they amount to the same thing: they die in two or three hits and so should not be there in the first place.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Calling someone a "pet killer" makes it sound like they intended to do it, at least in my opinion. Figuring out intent may be next to impossible in many situations. The example of someone entering map 1, 3, spawning a few spiders, and then making a run for the exit is a good example.

The player running for the exit may realize he can't stay on the map and he needs to run for the exit to save his pets. His view is that it was an accident, he can't do anything to stop it, and he's hoping the other player can log or something to save his pets.

The player who parked his pets near the exit may see someone enter the map, spawn some monsters, and then lead the monsters directly to his pets. His view is that it was intentionally done.

So green spider pets are lost in that situation. The owner of the pets complains the other player is a pet killer. How does a third party who wasn't there in the first place make a decision?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
lajos

Post by lajos »

Ludzie popierwsze to patrzcie gdzie wylogowujecie. Przeważnie robicie to na spawnie A później zdziwieni że ktoś tam stoi I duży spawn może być,A takie ogry to na jeden cios. I nagle ktoś pisze zabójca zwierząt albo są w klanie uciekają zostawiając pety sami robią sobie spawn. Nic w tej grze mnie nie zdziwi.