The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by Leone »

Ask away - no apology necessary:)

Looking at the Quest list, you need level 700 to access that part of the pyramid:

search.php?keywords=2299
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Leone wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 pm Ask away - no apology necessary:)

Looking at the Quest list, you need level 700 to access that part of the pyramid:

search.php?keywords=2299

I meant the pyramid entrance at 2.1 map, cant go inside at all
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The pyramid is blocked? You're not talking about the oasis palace on map 1, 1?

You should be able to enter the pyramid at any time and there is a rather low level quest there. Inside there is just one path. At the top of the map there is a locked door and you get keys from the mummies. At the end of of the path is a level 700+ door.

There is an npc around the front of the pyramid who asks you to get an item for him. I don't believe you need that quest though.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

SellSword wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 pm The pyramid is blocked? You're not talking about the oasis palace on map 1, 1?

You should be able to enter the pyramid at any time and there is a rather low level quest there. Inside there is just one path. At the top of the map there is a locked door and you get keys from the mummies. At the end of of the path is a level 700+ door.

There is an npc around the front of the pyramid who asks you to get an item for him. I don't believe you need that quest though.

Thanks for info, ill go check if i mistook the map
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Yep, mistook it. I was on 1.1, friend was on 2.1 (he was on same map as me before i checked map, didnt even realise the flag wasnt on 2.1)
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Todays results of boredom. Fishing can be boring (especially with the basic fishing rod), rhough i fished lv100+2 sword at lv92. Now onto the result. I was thinking about clan quests. First of all; the basic contept (daily, weekly and monthly quests) seems good at first glance, but theres a differrence between clans. In my opinion it would be better to have different difficulty quests from each category to choose from. There could be gathering quests (stone, planks, steel, every material wich can be used in clans), funds building quests (increasing clan treasury, with equipment gathering subquests; this part should ask for equipments that are material for higher lved "popular" equipments, and might consist of their other materials too; though buyable (from shops) equipments shouldnt be added in these quests)).
Some quests could give exp as reward (quests similar to mercenary guild quests). As im new to the game i dont know what requirements and rewards would be good enough to be worth the time invested, while not being too good (so as to not imballance the game).
Yep, fishing can be boring, and might lead to some further thinking on previous ideas (off to build up gold reserves, i really need a mithril fishing pole)
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

There is something i dont quite understand.
High enough dex means almost 100% dodge (except for crit); crit means full dmg dealt, unaffected by armor. So whats the use of armor (outside of running through maps with much higher dex monsters than you, and maybe pvp if dex difference is negligible)?
In my opinion it would be more reasonable this way:
If your dex is higher your crit deals full dmg, while lower dex means your crit is affected by armor (not by full armor as it would make it impossible to dmg some things/players, but armor should have some effect too)
Last edited by B3lf on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leone

Post by Leone »

It looks to me as though fishing is productive rather than boring! You fished the best weapon you can at your level and you thought of some decent ideas.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Leone wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 pm It looks to me as though fishing is productive rather than boring! You fished the best weapon you can at your level and you thought of some decent ideas.
Fishing is so so in my opinion. I increased my fishing to lv5 using the basic fishing rod, catched 3equips, the basic boots, a lv45+2 wand and the lv100+2 sword. It can be productive (quite productive in fact), but being a dwarf with the basic rod has a bit of a negarive impact on fishing.
Well, fishing is great with better rod (or at least a character that has higher affinity to fishing).
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

As for the quests similar to merc quests. I thought it would be good to have to kill a specific number of specific mobs (this amount and the mob itself could be affected by quest difficulty, of course with higher difficulty giving better rewards).
Daily quests could be mainly treasury related (gathering equips, material and finally selling/adding gold to treasury;so 3subquest or 4if we add the crafting process too). Weekly quests could be a mix of some mid difficulty quests, or made up of 5-7 daily quests (not sure about the exact number as there are quite a phew who cant dedicate many hours each day to the game;rhey should have a chance too). As for monthly; easiest would be that its built of 4weekly quests (with killing quests added in, but required kill count should be quire hifh as tbese are monthly quests). As for why consist of 4weekly? I beleive some clan could finish these quests fairly quickly, thus getting reward fast and dont having monthly quest anymore for that month. These weekly quests as a part of the monthly one wouldnt eradicate the chance of finishing it early, but at least limit it to at least 4th week of the month.
Last edited by B3lf on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.