Adjust drop rates in PvP according to Level difference/use of balista

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

B3lf

Re: Adjust drop rates in PvP according to Level difference/use of balista

Post by B3lf »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:08 pm
B3lf wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:00 pm (Btw, why lv10 for joining and lv20 for creating clan when they basically cant do anything except for heal blocking/gathering?)
This requirement for joining a clan dates back to the FT Stone Age, when 100 was high level, pets didn't exist, and levels couldn't be bought.
Perhaps it could be time to reconsider those numbers, giben the number of level 10 alts holding clans just to hold them (I'm guilty of this one myself, lol).
I dont have any problem with this. But the fact that i (lv90dwarf) can get killed by lv777 mage (both of us clanned) just by walking past him while on my way to finish a quest and still having a very high chance (compared to lvl difference...come on, how could i even survive) to drop my equipment... the biggest part of the game is all about clans (building, majority of crafting, siege). All these require a clan (or buying a house for crafting, wich is not an option for everyone as its way too expensive for quite a lot). It is a big minus against clans for many players who arent high lved/not owninf a high lvl alt. Either limit the lvl range for attacking other clanned players outside of clan warfare (enemy clans list as we already have ally list) or alternatively at least reduce equipment drop rates if the lvl difference is too high (it should be done both high vs low and low vs high lved).
I personally dont have a problem with dropping equipment if the process is reasonable (not getting your lv90 char killed by lv777 and dropping any equipment, or with quite lower percentage). Yep, im a bit frustrared as this happened recently (a phew mins ago) but i was on this opinion even before joining a clan (thought a lot about it, and decided to join after seeing low level clan players being able to play next to much higher lvl different clan members). The handful who kill other clan members just for fun would be better off go fighting those higher lved, not those under them by almost 90% in lvl...
As of todays "accident" in my opinion a reasonable lvl range would be at least giving a chance to survive.
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Okay, but let me just say, if you're in a clan then you simply CANNOT complain about being killed by another clanned player, whether you lose gear or not. If you don't like it, leave your clan. Stop complaining about it.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

WARBRINGER wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:55 pm Okay, but let me just say, if you're in a clan then you simply CANNOT complain about being killed by another clanned player, whether you lose gear or not. If you don't like it, leave your clan. Stop complaining about it.
Sure but let me say something too. When were clans introduced to the game? When were these rules introduced? What was the average and top lvl back then? Was there such a huge difference as nowadays? Yeah, i might be complaining. So that means i dont want to be a part of clan? Does that mean i dont want to build, craft, work together with friends? Am i the only one complaining (if not how many does this? I beleive more complaints doesnt mean we have to supress them, more like sitting down and thinking it through; why is it that theres so much complaints about this? Can it be tweaked a bit? If yes, how? If not why?) Telling others to stop complaining wont solve anything. Instead of that it would be more effective to state reasons why it should remain as it is now.
Does the fact that im low level means i only have 2options; accept being killed by much higher lvls or leaving clan?
Is complaining cowardice? Its not; its helplessness.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Without looking up an exact answer clans seemed to be a relatively new thing in the latter part of 2013. That is, not a huge part of the game like they are now.

Not saying there haven't been any changes to clans since they first came about.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
terminator

Post by terminator »

TangledSwerve wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:14 pm As I understand it, there is an algorithm for lvl VS spawn loot drop
What do you mean by this ?
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

terminator wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:10 pm
TangledSwerve wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:14 pm As I understand it, there is an algorithm for lvl VS spawn loot drop
If i understood that right it means if your lvl is too high (compared to monsters you are grinding) your drop rate is reduced.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I know that and many other things were suggested, but I'm not sure if actually implemented.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Me neither. I guess there may be a forum post that says otherwise, but I don't remember reading one.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

B3lf wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:21 am
If i understood that right it means if your lvl is too high (compared to monsters you are grinding) your drop rate is reduced.
This was a theoretical idea put forth in the past, but was never implemented.
Omnes Autem Uri
terminator

Post by terminator »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:36 am
B3lf wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:21 am

This was a theoretical idea put forth in the past, but was never implemented.
It sounds like it was referring to this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17112

Then yes it was never implemented
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.