Heal blocker abuse

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

KalaBos

Heal blocker abuse

Post by KalaBos »

As a mage I've given this much thought, one of the main handicaps of a mage is we can't choose who we heal except when its the enemy we pvp against, their pitiful exploits when they can't kill me or other mages, is to log another of their alts or get a untagged lower clan member to stand next to us (mages) or bribe a innocent bystander with gold (whatever) so we can't heal ourselves, now this not a glitch.. But when there generally 3 or 4 or even 5 its already hard to stay healed. And since we can't unfreeze hit a speed potion and zip away, and since you've never fixed the glitch with slow spell in which they wiggle and zip away like a 1000 speed potion was drank, I suggest this solution.. If a heal blocker wants to abuse this and cost us gear cause.. Hey if we can't heal its like donating what we bought or earned in game. After 15 seconds who's ever heal blocking can now be marked as a enemy. I find this fair.. Cause more and more they drop tag use a glitch, even if they've attacked us they log do something log back on and we can no longer mark them even though they just attacked us. If you beat me and I lose gear great but not because these.. And I use term loosely players, are so weak they can, start a fight but need help.. 1vs 1,2,3,4,5 fine but the use of heal blockers is to much of handicap. So 15 seconds after that you can be attack or marked that's fair. Thank you for your time.
SellSword

Re: Heal blocker abuse

Post by SellSword »

An interesting idea, but I would be concerned about the potential to unwillingly drag someone into PvP with this.

One example would be a mage and a friend team up. I'm shopping at the wagon or chopping/mining somewhere and don't really care about their battle. The mage keeps me in heal range. Suddenly I become a target when I never did anything to get involved in the first place (believe me, I don't).

It could also be difficult to tell you are slowly becoming a target. You can't leave a map for several seconds because you are "under attack" even if someone is not actively hitting you. So someone attacks a mage once and stops for a few seconds, then repeats. Does the mage have to continuously heal for 15 seconds or can they heal and stop? After 3 hits on the mage and 3 heals by the mage in a span of 15 would surrounding players be targets when they might not even know?

I understand the whole heal blocker concept, but I'm opposed to something that would allow a player to bypass normal PvP restrictions just to attack someone they normally couldn't.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
terminator

Post by terminator »

SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:46 am An interesting idea, but I would be concerned about the potential to unwillingly drag someone into PvP with this.

One example would be a mage and a friend team up. I'm shopping at the wagon or chopping/mining somewhere and don't really care about their battle. The mage keeps me in heal range. Suddenly I become a target when I never did anything to get involved in the first place (believe me, I don't).

It could also be difficult to tell you are slowly becoming a target. You can't leave a map for several seconds because you are "under attack" even if someone is not actively hitting you. So someone attacks a mage once and stops for a few seconds, then repeats. Does the mage have to continuously heal for 15 seconds or can they heal and stop? After 3 hits on the mage and 3 heals by the mage in a span of 15 would surrounding players be targets when they might not even know?

I understand the whole heal blocker concept, but I'm opposed to something that would allow a player to bypass normal PvP restrictions just to attack someone they normally couldn't.
Indeed, I can imagine a mage could just stand next to a low lvl player for 15 seconds and heal them, then kill them....Lol
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
KalaBos

Post by KalaBos »

terminator wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:06 am
SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:46 am An interesting idea, but I would be concerned about the potential to unwillingly drag someone into PvP with this.

Indeed, I can imagine a mage could just stand next to a low lvl player for 15 seconds and heal them, then kill them....Lol
If players don't read rules and understand them like any other rules it their fault for not reading the rules and understand what you can and can't do... So that's a lame excuse.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

You really think that you couldn't have someone using their house, talking with an npc, sending a message, checking their backpack, and all sorts of other activities that the rules allow for over 15 seconds? And if this suggestion were put into the game you say all of those things would be not understanding the rules? If that's a lame excuse then I'm not sure what a legitimate concern is.
haha2u

Post by haha2u »

At the very least there should be a system (similar to the pvp targeting system) that mages could toggle on and off of any player to keep themselves from healing said players when they use their heal spell.
💜Sissy💜Forever In Our Hearts💜

haha2u (Archer 5058)
Manticore (Ogre 814)
Myers304 (Archer 516)
di4b10 (Mage 550)
BLUNT_AXE (Dwarf 146)
Spartakus (Swordsman 211)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Perhaps a mage/fairy could tap him/herself for the sole purpose of targeting with heal and armor spells.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Well im mage myself too and most of us i want to not have block healers but no it will game pvp to unfair..heal blocking is one of the weakness and makes it killable..
Better have it what we have!
And also its not for this topic but im so bored guys..everyday the same is heppening!altar under king gardens mage quest and then griding...can we have something new please?plz make new update or at least some partys...we are so bored...players are so inactive that there are no pvps...clan maps are empty only 1 or 2 players on them for short time...we need to fix it and make ft life full!
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
Syor

Post by Syor »

wizards are already very strong

They don't need additional help or bonuses

contrary
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

the idea itself is not bad, I m not against at all, but there is a little detail... mages have prob at the beginning, but as they grow up have a power and advantages that other classes don't have and for what I saw in years will not have in future. so, don't need more features to grow bigger and untouchable or this already mage oriented game will become a mage land where other classes will be enslaved by mage players more than now.
I agree with this idea, but AFTER class balance will be modified in a way each class can fight/grind having some chances. at present is not and mages don't need more advantage. Btw the new effect for mages is nice, pity others don't have something similar (to anticipate next requests, I suggest private areas only for mages where they could develop faster than others, special items only for mages, more gold for mages, more quests for mages, and all other classes to play must pay a rent to mages :lol:, is not serious, but mage complains are ridiculous since long time)
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR