Just an example

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Just an example

Post by ryaca_ »

Thought I would share just an example of what we GM's have to go through on a daily basis.

I logged in at spawn today and was immediately harassed and spam traded and green chatted by players asking for items and gold and warned them to stop and that I could not give them items or gold repeatedly to no avail. This did not happen last night when I logged in but today they were out in full force.

On top of that there was a player that was spam creating alts to taunt the GM team which all of those accounts had to be jailed which takes time.

I also jailed the players that would not stop harassing me and every time I closed the trade window, they kept opening up the trade window on purpose like 20 times so they got to go sit in jail.

I had to file many reports because of this which also takes A LOT of time. All this and I had players with legitimate questions and issues that I tried to help by telling them to PM me on the forums but couldn't help them all because of a few bad apples. Well actually a bunch of bad apples.

My time was completely wasted by bad players. Instead of helping players that needed it, I had to spend my time jailing bad players.

On top of that, when I logged on to forums I had bogus reports and requests and accusations with no timestamp or screenshot or any proof that any players were doing anything wrong. I get these types of reports all the time asking for free skins and free pets and players accusing other players of foul play with no type of actual report that has the FT time, date, screenshot, players name or any information that I could actually use. These are the types of players that don't want to put any work or time into submitting an actual report and then cry that GM's are lazy and no good when they don't get what they want. And those players demand that we help them immediately or they get very rude and demanding and impatient.

I'm not complaining because I enjoy being a GM but I thought I'd shed some light on things that absolutely waste GM time every day
Another typical day in the life of a GM.

Perhaps players can read this and understand why it takes so long to get to all the players reports in a timely manner.
SellSword

Re: Just an example

Post by SellSword »

I always get a kick out of people upset that they sent a message two hours ago or whatever and they don't have a response yet. Pretty sure those could get pushed to the bottom of the pile and those who have more patience than a three-year old would approve.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

SellSword wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:50 am I always get a kick out of people upset that they sent a message two hours ago or whatever and they don't have a response yet. Pretty sure those could get pushed to the bottom of the pile and those who have more patience than a three-year old would approve.
Completely agree. Those types of players have no grasp of what empathy is. They care for no one but themselves and don't even try to think that many other players are waiting in line for GM help.
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

When you communicate like this and write everyday tasks Yes they can understand better
🌼
good luck
Fortunately admin for game put ignore
i think alot Number of complaints reduced👏
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Syor

Post by Syor »

True
there are too many unhappy players.
I thought long ago to approach the circle of GM, but these are the reasons that pushed me not to do it.

I think this game must first of all entertain, and these people manage to make a nice pastime ugly and unnerving.

You did well to punish them (continuing to keep the exchange window open is something I HATE) and in my own small way, if you need help, let me know.
I really mean it.

never forget to have FUN.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Post by Leone »

Syor wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 am True
there are too many unhappy players.
I thought long ago to approach the circle of GM, but these are the reasons that pushed me not to do it.
If you- or any player- has a legitimate concern, then ALWAYS approach a member of the GM team. Within Ryaca's message you will notice the genuine desire to help decent players with honest concerns.

My understanding is that GMs will do their best to help decent players Unfortunately they cannot do so as quickly as they would like to, simply because of this other group of players who continually waste the GM team's time.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Leone wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:28 am
If you- or any player- has a legitimate concern, then ALWAYS approach a member of the GM team. Within Ryaca's message you will notice the genuine desire to help decent players with honest concerns.

My understanding is that GMs will do their best to help decent players Unfortunately they cannot do so as quickly as they would like to, simply because of this other group of players who continually waste the GM team's time.
Tnks Leone, you are always available and kind.

however I meant (the google translator's fault) that I had the idea of ​​becoming a GM because I like to help others (it was just an idea) but these difficulties may not amuse me.

I really admire GMs for the work they do, but sometimes it's hard work, not for everyone.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

I remember that when comis was blcoking the bridge at warcloks ryaca came and told him to stop many times.
And than a different person says gms are so lazy and don't Evan care.
What is he talking about if a GM is standing next to him taking care of the problem.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Thank you all for your kind words. It is good to hear them. I do want to help players with issues and I will. I just know that everyday I will have to deal with troublemakers as well. It comes with the territory.

Barkley I remember that incident you ate talking about. I came to help but apparently that player thought that I took to long. This made me chuckle.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Now see. Tonight I logged at spawn and although there was players spam friend requesting me, I did not get to many spam trade requests. So tonight was better. Things are looking up.