Black Market

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_NICKPAN_

Black Market

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

I've seen many players at the times have problems with dropping Quest items and need GMs help to get them back.
It's player's responsibility to be careful with quest items but also the system doesn't help too.

So my idea is for a Black Market at 0,0 spawn map or -1,1 bank map. Which Black Market works like this:

:arrow: Quest Items should be categorised somehow as Quest Items first, for the system to support this and recognise them (not sure?), and also Black Market sellings should be unique for each player:

:arrow: When a player DROPS his Quest Item and it DISAPPEARS, then it will be *placed* in Black Market with 1 stock (to prevent abuse) and the player will be able to get back his lost Quest Item from there for a specific price.

:arrow: Prices can also be free or a fixed X price, but i have a suggestion so that will be ballanced for everyone:

My idea for a price is a small formula:
(!) One day counts after each reset since you dropped your quest item.
(!) Max Day count: 30
(!) Playerlvl is Player's current level.

Formula: (100k*day)+(player level*1k) gold

Example day 2 with a lvl 1000 player:
(100.000*2)+(1.000*1.000) gold, which is 1.200.000 gold.

I believe this formula is logically for low and high lvls.

:arrow: After 30 Days the Quest Item disappears from Black Market and will be lost forever, after that GMs don't have to help if someone requests help (unless its a critical situation)

:D
Boo
Blackbetty

Re: Black Market

Post by Blackbetty »

How about auto drop into bag that would be much simpler
Leone

Post by Leone »

Good thinking - either idea would save the GM team a lot of time so they can concentrate on other tasks.

I quite like the idea of something similar to a 'lost luggage' office at a train station. In ft you have to ask an NPC at the transportation office at Ardesia City.
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

What about making it impossible to remove the item form invetory?
Can pot in bank,tavrn and house but can't remove until quest done.
Ah! like gold fall the leavs in the wind
long years numberless as the wings of
trees!
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Imrazor wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:15 pm What about making it impossible to remove the item form invetory?
Can pot in bank,tavrn and house but can't remove until quest done.
Beat me to it, already impossible to trade most of them, so why not make them undroppable?
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

Of course you must be able to drop after no longer need BC it is pointless to waste spaces while not needed
trees!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If any of these ideas were put into effect where players could retrieve or not drop quest items they could all me made no-trade items as well. How many posts are there with lost books, letters, maps, candles, etc. where a common suggestion is "make a new alt and transfer the item to your main." Dont get me wrong, that's an easy fix for some of these issues, but it doesn't make sense from a story perspective or line up with later quest items that seem to have been made no-trade.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

If the item needs a X amount of levels to acces would mean giving it form a different acc would not help BC they could not acces the location.
trees!