Solution to heal blocker abuse

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

KalaBos

Solution to heal blocker abuse

Post by KalaBos »

As a mage, and I know you think we're over powered, but.. We get jumped by multiple people and slow is a glitched spell that's never been fixed cause even if they have no speed potions, they wiggle and zip away any ways. So my suggestion is this, cause they are using untagged heal blockers to keep mages out underground preventing us from getting items needed, or quests completed and no matter what you melee player think about mages that's just unfair and truly abuse (bullying) so I say this.. Create a spell that will shove untagged players away from you in pvp that they put there for your heal to be blocked. If 5 players on 1 mage can't do the job maybe they shouldn't of attacked them. Or another option to stop this heal blocker abuse is.. If player is ignored they can't be heal by the mage. If I lose I lose, but to be heal blocked and I can't use speed to get away like them, something has to be done to give a mage a chance. Or give us ability to speed away. Not just lose what we worked hard for cause they wanna put a untagged next to us to win.

Thank you, sincerely
War Dragon
abc6

Re: Solution to heal blocker abuse

Post by abc6 »

I agree strongly because I’ve lost so much gear by tigre and Ichijo using their blocking accounts such as a lvl 2 swordsman named (tiempo) and Ichijos blocker is (Chitoge ) lvl 150 so I believe that we mages should get something added to help us against this because it ain’t fair and especially now that our mana was reduced and spell burst man that sucks please help the mage community🙏
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I don't PvP, but pushing away non-clan players would also mean some melee player who isn't in a clan can't attack a mage that is in a clan. I understand clans are a big thing, but not everyone is in one though they may enjoy PvP.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with Sellsword, but i do think the 'ignore player' idea has some merit and should be discussed further.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm not a mage other than a low level alt that I dabble with now and then, but I think mages should be able to decide who they heal. Maybe a self/everyone setting or such.

That might require tradeoffs, but that's a topic that has been beaten to death more times than anyone can count.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Ignored player should not get your heal! That would be nice solution for this!
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Under silberwood yesterday a mage 20 levels lower attacked me. He had enough mana to kill me at least 5 times before running out of mana.
Evan with a heal blcoker he could kill me at least 3 times. That does not sound fair at all.
When I see ppl PvP it looks like this. All classes attack constantly. Mage is heal attack heal attack...mage wins Evan with mabye Evan thousands of levels lower if high enough. Agrented heal blcok is not fair at all but is this fair?
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'm no fan of mages. By all means look through previous posts to see. I mean the mage class, not the people who play them btw.

However, I will admit this heal blocking is not great and not the best way to attack mages. I would rather something like implement war dragon's ignore idea AND reduce the effectiveness of the heal spell.

Of course, this would need testing. For example, a low level mage will still benefit from 1k heal pots and so this current idea would perhaps make them OP.

Still, let's discuss this. Discussion and compromise and then testing should get everyone to a point where we pretty much agree.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:42 pm I would rather something like implement war dragon's ignore idea AND reduce the effectiveness of the heal spell.
Sounds fair.. but getting it balanced can make 2 things.
1. Mage allways wins in pvp or
2. Evryone else allways wins in pvp
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

That's why Ultima onlines skill set is a better system then lvl up system but maybe adding bandages as a heal for non mages would help melee or better heal pots ???