Unclanned higher lvl player able to attack non-aggressive lower lvl

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Unclanned higher lvl player able to attack non-aggressive lower lvl

Post by TangledSwerve »

I had a curious encounter in Kings Garden yesterday evening. My 1690 Archer (Clanned) was attacked by a 1734 Mage (Unclanned)

Now, this player has been fought against whilst he was in clan, months ago. But how is he able to still do so now? I'm 44 levels below, have never attacked him since and well outwith the range he should be able to attack. It's also extremely unlikely in the two months or so that have passed that I'd still be on his attack list, since the player is a prodigious PvPer / griefer of the ”I'll attack anyone -haha xD" mindset.
Leone

Re: Unclanned higher lvl player able to attack non-aggressive lower lvl

Post by Leone »

It *might* be that you are still on his list, I suppose. That would be my first thought ( and yours as well as you've mentioned it!)

I guess this update, when implemented, will answer that question.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17816

I'm sorry it doesn't really help today though.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

It's extremely unlikely that I am, given this player's propensity for gear-hunting, sneak attacking, sieging out of boredom and otherwise trying to get up other people's noses.
Well-known for abusing bugs and glitches in PvP to meet this end too. I'm just curious if anyone on forum can shine a light on this particular situation.

Although, I am wondering if the Aggressor list update has impacted on certain aspects. It's just odd, in all honesty, I can't think how it was a possible for him to attack.

The only attacks made on him by me were while he was in clan, this shouldn't carry over when he's no longer in one.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

TangledSwerve wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:59 pm The only attacks made on him by me were while he was in clan, this shouldn't carry over when he's no longer in one.
100% agree.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Post by Leone »

Here is a thought. It's not necessarily correct, but let's discuss.

If you use version 6.8 or below (think that's correct), you play FT in permanent daylight. For PvP players this has its advantages.

Is there a similar feature in a previous version so that you can attack as TS explains?

Now there shouldn't be. The rules about PvP and the levels above and below have been there from day one, but it's a thought.

What do you think?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

PvP restrictions have been changed since early on, but that's getting into the early days of the game and several versions before 6.8 as well. I'd be pretty surprised if there weren't changes server-side and not just with the version for something like that. Then again, I know some players would not care for game changes as long as there is a version that gives advantages.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.