Dragon altar

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Storms7

Dragon altar

Post by Storms7 »

Hello. I have completed all of the quests in the black knights catacombs and now I need to find the dragon altar so I can place a dragons head on it but I have walked around everywhere and I cannot find this altar.

What exactly does this altar look like and whereabouts could I find it?

I've been to all of the rooms that I went in before with the green gnome, wolf, spider, and mage npc's but just keep going around in circles.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Blackbetty

Re: Dragon altar

Post by Blackbetty »

Its hard to find.its in the ice map which is in center kinda a hidden door
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Esa mapa, es para jugador una forma diferente.

Usa el viejo truco del laberinto.

Coloca tu mano en la pared, cierra los ojos . Y comienza a andar.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I *think* the "ice map" is in the same location for players. In the dark map that has cyclops mobs on one side and black knight sentries on the other side there is a door at the bottom. I had a hard time noticing this at first.

Once you hit the ice section it is pretty straightforward, I think. Don't forget to test map borders to see if you can move over when there isn't a wall along the edge.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Best bet - move around the edge of that screen, not the middle. The door will be easier to see, or you'll chance upon it.

(Edit: apologies- I've just pretty much repeated Sell's message!)
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Ok so I will be looking for a door at the bottom of a room that spawns different mobs on each side. Got it.

Do I want to leave my pets at home before I place the dragons head on the altar?

Thank you everyone for your feedback.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'd leave pets at your house. That seemed to be the consensus of opinion when this was previously discussed.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17581&p=124219&hili ... ar#p124219
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think the dungeon as a whole isn't that safe for pets. Maybe someone with dinos or new 5k devil pets can say how well they do, but you'd have to have pets pretty high up there for them to survive.

I don't think putting the head on the altar would be an issue. When you do that you then talk with the researcher and go "oops, we summoned an ancient evil" and then talk to the training warrior guy says "go kick the dragon's butt," or words to that effect. After that is when you can start summoning the dragon.

I believe pets at the very entrance to the chaos dragon area are safe from the area damage, but that's pretty risky.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Thank you Leone. There are 5k devil pets now? I definitely need to get those. I'll have to check out their stats. I can't wait to be finally done with the catacombs. I really dislike how the doors port me to different parts of the map and how I cannot have a friend help me because we go to different places. I don't like switch maps either or portal mazes. Who designs this crap anyways?
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Storms7 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 pm Thank you Leone. There are 5k devil pets now? I definitely need to get those. I'll have to check out their stats. I can't wait to be finally done with the catacombs. I really dislike how the doors port me to different parts of the map and how I cannot have a friend help me because we go to different places. I don't like switch maps either or portal mazes. Who designs this crap anyways?
Hehehehehhe