Help Offered

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

justj99

Help Offered

Post by justj99 »

Depending on the amount of work, I'd be willing to update the Monster, Item, and Quest pdf files that are linked to by the manual. Some seem pretty out of date. I know there are some links on the forum with some more up to date information, but I think it would be great if the files themselves were updated. I've seen some posts saying that it might be possible to get the information from the downloaded map editor, but I thought that stuff was all on the server now. Anyway, if someone can give me a little help figuring out where to find the info, images, etc., I'm willing to make an attempt. Maybe it's even possible for me to write a small program to make updating it easier in the future. Let me know if I can help. Thanks.
justj99

Re: Help Offered

Post by justj99 »

I see now where I can find the .list files in the downloaded FT8 folder. I'm looking for the image files now, but so far I don't see them.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I have some other questions now too. I guess if there is interest in me doing something like this, please let me know. Thanks.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

You are on the right path.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

That would be very helpful.
Mr-Archer

Post by Mr-Archer »

Yes i can help you.Please give me your Messenger name so that I can contact you.
Syor

Post by Syor »

also in another post I'm looking for an updated monster list to create an updated.pdf file.

But at the moment there seems to be no way to have a complete list to copy / edit
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Syor wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:36 am also in another post I'm looking for an updated monster list to create an updated.pdf file.

But at the moment there seems to be no way to have a complete list to copy / edit
It doesn't seem straightforward to do, at the very least. I guess we're finding out why it hasn't been done in so long firsthand. PM me if you'd like to work with Mr Archer and I somehow.

Hopefully, we get some helpful tips from GMs or Compbatant on how to best get all the information.