Let's talk a little bit about the dark

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

srle0nida$

Let's talk a little bit about the dark

Post by srle0nida$ »

Hello everyone! I've been playing Forgotten Tales for a long time and I've always seen that they hear our voice.

I understand that developers have their own ideas for the game, but I think it's super important to emphasize the importance of public opinion too!

I'm talking about the new game lighting system. It has become almost impossible to walk inside the caves, the torch lighting is minimal.

I recently did the mission of the Hobb´s mine in another account of mine and even though I did it once and knowing the way I felt very difficult!

I understand and found the night mode cool too. But frankly speaking it ended up driving many players away. I know players who have stopped or been discouraged because of the darkness everywhere.

I wanted to know the opinion of the community about this, and if possible a response from the game team!

Thanks for your attention, Good game! :)
Who has been on the throne, knows how to get back!

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500
SellSword

Re: Let's talk a little bit about the dark

Post by SellSword »

One issue with the community voice is that it changes. Months ago LostKnight even did a poll for thoughts on the dark and how people liked it.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Here is the original thread that has been updated recently:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17351&p=127267#p127267

My own view is that I like the day/night feature, but perhaps some areas of the game are a little too dark (ptery map mentioned - that's a good example).

I'm going to play devil's advocate here as well. When you say this feature 'is driving many players away', where is the evidence of this?

Please don't think that I am disputing your word, but more that I'm saying that I have not seen a single forum or Facebook post from a player stating the direct reason for leaving the game is because of the lighting.

Opinions are important - that's exactly what the forum is for. However, if players don't voice their opinions collectively and constructively in our official ft forum then how can they be considered?
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It has caused for me a couple changes in how I play, but that doesn't mean if I have had to change that it is bad. In general a game that remains stagnant without changes, updates, and new content will also lose players. Have I stumbled around in dark dungeons? Yes, sometimes even ones I thought I knew. Did I continue to stumble? No, next time I go back I remember (hopefully :lol: ) where I turned wrong so it stops being an issue. I have had to rely upon the mini map more to see mobs forming and other players approaching. Is it perfect? No, sometimes stuff happens quicker than I anticipated. But next time I am more careful to watch. Do I fish and mine more when darkness comes? Yes, but now more interesting items can be fished, and mining is always a dull thing to do or crafting or cutting trees so nighttime gives me a perfect time to do that. Again it was an adjustment but not where I could not find a useful way to spend the time. So I have adjusted. Would I rather have light all the time like the first 2 1/2-3 years of playing? Probably yes but that's more because I am a creature of habit and resistant to change. (unless of course it's a change in my favor that I really like :D ) We can be so fickle sometimes. I can oh and ah how beautiful the glowing crystals look in the dungeons under Silverwood but be grouchy about the mages under kings garden who come out of the darkness in twos trying to zap you!

I do however have concerns for the players who only have a small amount of time to play. If the only time they can play is during the darkness periods that would indeed be discouraging to not have access to full light very often. New players I think will see the night as a given and part of how the game works.
Retired
srle0nida$

Post by srle0nida$ »

SellSword wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:08 pm One issue with the community voice is that it changes. Months ago LostKnight even did a poll for thoughts on the dark and how people liked it.
Its true!

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

I dont like new night mode..and i advice everyone to play with ft7 version where is no dark mode..it will be sing of protest and maybe then combatant will hear us then.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Anyone who wants to instal ft 7 pm me and i will send you link.i m so intresting how many people using ft7 or 6 already
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
srle0nida$

Post by srle0nida$ »

Leone wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:26 pm Here is the original thread that has been updated recently:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17351&p=127267#p127267

My own view is that I like the day/night feature, but perhaps some areas of the game are a little too dark (ptery map mentioned - that's a good example).

I'm going to play devil's advocate here as well. When you say this feature 'is driving many players away', where is the evidence of this?

Please don't think that I am disputing your word, but more that I'm saying that I have not seen a single forum or Facebook post from a player stating the direct reason for leaving the game is because of the lighting.

Opinions are important - that's exactly what the forum is for. However, if players don't voice their opinions collectively and constructively in our official ft forum then how can they be considered?
For sure!

About some people complaining about the darkness it was in the Brazilian community. Some acquaintances of mine and others from a group on WhatsApp talking about it complaining.
Ex: Macielho1 (sword 4k) he told me that one of the biggest reasons to stop playing was the darkness.

Silvanio (2k sword) he told me yesterday that he also didn't like being too dark.

Among other people in a group!

Thanks for your response!

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500
srle0nida$

Post by srle0nida$ »

Gullander wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:58 pm It has caused for me a couple changes in how I play, but that doesn't mean if I have had to change that it is bad. In general a game that remains stagnant without changes, updates, and new content will also lose players. Have I stumbled around in dark dungeons? Yes, sometimes even ones I thought I knew. Did I continue to stumble? No, next time I go back I remember (hopefully :lol: ) where I turned wrong so it stops being an issue. I have had to rely upon the mini map more to see mobs forming and other players approaching. Is it perfect? No, sometimes stuff happens quicker than I anticipated. But next time I am more careful to watch. Do I fish and mine more when darkness comes? Yes, but now more interesting items can be fished, and mining is always a dull thing to do or crafting or cutting trees so nighttime gives me a perfect time to do that. Again it was an adjustment but not where I could not find a useful way to spend the time. So I have adjusted. Would I rather have light all the time like the first 2 1/2-3 years of playing? Probably yes but that's more because I am a creature of habit and resistant to change. (unless of course it's a change in my favor that I really like :D ) We can be so fickle sometimes. I can oh and ah how beautiful the glowing crystals look in the dungeons under Silverwood but be grouchy about the mages under kings garden who come out of the darkness in twos trying to zap you!

I do however have concerns for the players who only have a small amount of time to play. If the only time they can play is during the darkness periods that would indeed be discouraging to not have access to full light very often. New players I think will see the night as a given and part of how the game works.
Very good to read!

But I do not mean removing the night mode, but perhaps a smoothing, it will clearer, the torch had a longer reach! Something like that.

Thanks for your answer

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500
srle0nida$

Post by srle0nida$ »

cotne7 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:58 pm I dont like new night mode..and i advice everyone to play with ft7 version where is no dark mode..it will be sing of protest and maybe then combatant will hear us then.
That is a possibility!

But ft8 has surprising news, especially with the item exchange system. :D

Ty for answer

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500