GIFT IN LVL 2000??

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: GIFT IN LVL 2000??

Post by SellSword »

I proposed somewhere else something like a "thank you" gift at some milestone level. Nothing that would need to be fancy like a special skin (the kind given as an award), buy existing items in the game.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Old UO player here. I always thought the yearly anniversary cake some shards gave as a loyalty reward was a nice touch. It was entirely useless, but a pleasant reminder to the player that their continued presence was appreciated.

Perhaps, a similar thing here would go down well too? Entirely upon the dev whether he wants to do something cooler (Like a temporary 24hr xp buff consumable gift)
Syor

Post by Syor »

TangledSwerve wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:59 pm Old UO player here. I always thought the yearly anniversary cake some shards gave as a loyalty reward was a nice touch. It was entirely useless, but a pleasant reminder to the player that their continued presence was appreciated.

Perhaps, a similar thing here would go down well too? Entirely upon the dev whether he wants to do something cooler (Like a temporary 24hr xp buff consumable gift)
it would be a great idea !!!

Unfortunately I asked some time ago, and was told that it is not possible to trace the date of registration of any player.

If you talk about the birthday of each of us, you need to create an archive for each character, or rather, for each email, as each of us has multiple characters

I would put a gift every thousand levels, or every year of registration (actually playing) or on the player's birthday.

Obviously not a special skin, but a small symbolic, common, random gift among some made available by the management, such as: Sting, Devil hoof, tools + 3 and +4, and things like that

I think it's incentive and very nice as an idea.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think anniversary gifts are not any kind of option based on what comp has said. Trying to do so from today on would be nice for new players but totally leave out long-time players that should get the best rewards.

Using email registration? Maybe an option. Using myself as an example I started in 2013 and played for a few months (different character) and then stopped playing for a few years. Now I've played for a few years. My old characters still exist and I have the same email. Would I get a reward for around 7 years or a reward for around 3 years since I started again? That could be an issue.

Also, years ago an email was not required to create characters. I could look up when it started, but email registration does not necessarily equal when players start, so that would also not be fair for longtime players. (If someone loads a character not connected to an email they can play like that, but they get a popup notice all the time until they register, and I know in the past some of those accounts were jailed until they registered.)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.