Clan .......and......

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Syor

Clan .......and......

Post by Syor »

I've been thinking about it for a while, but I know that I'm going to touch on an important topic of the game, the clan!!!

The clan has ups and downs, good things and bad things, which not everyone likes

I hate many things about the clan, like uncontrolled pvp, like the destruction without reason of buildings by enemies, and for this reason I only join a clan when I need it

But the thing I like most is group play, which has a common purpose, which unites rather than divides.

For these reasons I would like to create "brotherhoods".

A bunch of people who have something in common

There will be no clan pvp rule, but pvp will be the same as non-claned.

There will be no buildings, no construction, the brotherhoods will be very soft and undemanding, just a field with a fire, two benches and a tent

On the tent there are already interesting ideas that combtants liked, I would say that a little archive space is enough, no craft, but fast regeneration of hp, and you add something, I accept ideas

You can use the message / c as for the clan.

In short

An encampment
No pvp
No craft
No Attack encampment

The brotherhood will only include groups that have something in common: same skin, same nationality, same race,

The brotherhood will be a group recognized as the clans, and will have 4 offices

The king (k)
The guru (g)
The mind (m)
The force (f)

Each brotherhood will have a purpose and will be divided into categories

........I don't know if such a speech can please ......
Yes they could make brotherhood that they are kind of small GM .......
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SellSword

Re: Clan .......and......

Post by SellSword »

There have been some "friend chat" or "group chat" suggestions that could go along with this as well.

I don't know if the storage space would be too much for something like that. It makes sense to have no crafting though.

What about potential abuse though? If there was shared storage of even a small amount people could join this group with their alts and use it to transfer items to themselves. I know there have been a number of suggestions about being able to do just that, but it'd probably be common enough to really take over the idea for the groups.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with Sell that this sort of thing has previously been suggested, with the counter-argument that you get the benefits of the clan without the PvP disadvantage.

That seems unfair, but....

Here's a thing though - you can be in a clan AND a brotherhood (not sure about the name, as it excludes female players). Then you get the best of both.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I think the benefit of a brotherhood, sisterhood, peoplehood :D is the important thing to consider. For those who long for interaction and don't mind pvp the clan is a place for them to plug in and helps retain them in the FT community. Those who enjoy the other facets of the game and choose not to join a clan must make their own peoplehood of sorts by their friend list. For some this is a hard task to find like minded friends and can end in discouragement. A group such as is being proposed would allow someone to view let's say a Peoplehood registry and make application to a group where they feel they might find a home. This would serve to aid in retaining non clan players and maybe even make some of us solitaries enjoy the company of others! :Not sure about the details but I could see it benefitting many players.

I like the idea of older players (higher level) helping the younger (lower level) players as a kind of mentoring. Of course this happens already in a non formal way as many players like to help others but again in a group you could more quickly learn your way around FT.

Instead of guru I'd like to have a bard! Full of song and tales of tragedy and joy! :lol:
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Maybe fellowship?

The mentor idea I very much like:)
Syor

Post by Syor »

Sellsword you are right. Unfortunately the abuse is always around the corner, so the entry and exit rules will be like clans, with payments, with the 48-hour wait to re-enter a brotherhood Or in a clan

I'd leave things separate, either clan or brotherhood.

brotherhood, sect, group, meeting, camp, etc.etc.
I was thinking of a separate map full of camps only for group members.

Obviously the idea of ​​helping is one of many, and perhaps the best, but groups that have high purposes could be created, such as pvp, or "skill raisers" or even "avalanche XP".

Playing in a group with a common purpose I think is already very stimulating in itself.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

I just re-read this post
Apart from correct doubt and toughts, i see one word reappear each time we are talking about a modification:
ABUSE
This word and say 'risk of abuse' cannot be the mantra of this game.
A mechanism or an algorithm must be tought, implemented, checked
In spite of all this prudence, ft had suffered many abuses of any kind during his life.
I m in almost from the beginning : the game survived and will survive, abuses or not.
Whatever the reason, i don't discuss details and reasons,
risk of abuse can't stop game evolution.
Or should i think that abuse is synonymous of ' no money'?
Cmon everybody, this game had and have potential why limitate it?
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Rules in a game are like laws in real life. They provide a framework for how to function, what is good and bad to do. Rules and laws are to help players or help society have an ordered play or life.

But always in games or life there are those who break or abuse rules or laws. If everyone played good and fair we wouldn't need rules or laws. But we have always rule breakers and law breakers with us and they will always try to find a way to break or abuse rules or laws.

Hungry you make a good point. We can agonize over rules and what might happen and paralyze ourselves into never trying or doing anything out of fear or uncertainty. That is bad for a game or life. I will make an example and I hope I do not offend anyone as it is a hurtful example. In life we hear always about abuse. Abused wives, husband, children, and position. But we don't stop getting married or having children or trying to make a difference in the world because some people abuse these things. We make the best rules and laws we can but we must understand abuse may come in spite of our best efforts to minimize it. Yet a game as you suggest must go on just as life must still go on.

Thank you for reading this. I said to someone recently playing a game can be a window into our soul. It shows us what we might be capable of. What we allow ourselves to do or be in a game may just show what our character is. That is worthy of us all to consider. Am I the kind of person who seeks to abuse a rule for my advantage or one who abides by rules for the good of the gaming community. This is the bigger issue I think. I hope we choose well and I am cheering you on my fellow players to succeed! This great game deserves a chance to become even better and that will depend alot on the individual choices we make. I have said maybe too much but sometimes we must follow our heart.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Sadly though, thinking about ways changes can be abused is necessary in my opinion. When you see what some players do now (probably a visible minority) you know some players will try very hard to find a way to abuse things.

Maybe roll out changes on the test server and reward players who can find ways to abuse them? Like having someone teat your security so you know if it's ok.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with gull, hungry and sell for different reasons. Yes, the game needs to evolve otherwise it will eventually disappear, but also some of the ideas placed on here would be detrimental for one reason or another.

For example, implement something that makes one class too op or something that encourages sharing accounts. Not good whichever way you look at it.

I think the test, test and test again process is very sensible.

I also think it is good to suggest the ideas. Even if others disagree, then sometimes something good can happen from debate and compromise.