Fishing

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: Fishing

Post by Gullander »

I like the idea of fishing a higher level item but not according to fishing level but your player level. It is unlikely a dwarf or Freya would spend the immense amount of time needed to raise their fish level. Ogres and mages would most likely benefit most if by fishing level. My main account is level 8 fishing and that is mostly from chatting with other players and fishing at the same time! So I made an ogre account just for fishing. An archer might consider making a dwarf account just for mining. Each class has it's strength and weakness, but keeping the "possiblity" of fishing an item according to player level not fishing level means anyone has a chance at an item even if a lousy fisherman! :(

I could have jumped on the other position because my ogre just acquired level 14 fishing which means from level 0 to 14 I fished 327,660 fish! Just between 13 to 14 I spent 245.76 hours to get it. So I could have said I worked hard so I deserve it, but it has it's own rewards as now I can fish a 10 fish cycle in 47 seconds! That's a nice reward in itself and "faster" opportunity to get an item. Still I think by level of player not fish level is only fair way of doing it.
Retired
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Phiso wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 pm
justj99 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:47 pm The only problem I see with your idea as explained is that low level players could fish high level items. Also, if I am 5k, but don't fish much (say level 9), I would only fish items 0-250? But maybe that's not what you intend?
I mean, items that will drop of the water must be according to the level of the fishing skill
Ok. If that is what you intend, then there will be 20 level 0 ogres fishing all day with +3 rods. And they will be able to drop 1k+ items eventually? Doesn't sound right...
Leone

Post by Leone »

One of the reasons that the fishing drop was reduced to 499 was to reduce the gold sink in the game. Reintroduce better fishing drops and you know what will happen.

From a personal perspective, I've got a level 10 ogre and I'm going to enjoy how his fishing level rapidly increases. That's fine, but what isn't fine is the possibility of him fishing a 1k plate or something similar.

Again, a personal perspective about trades. You choose a dwarf and you mine better, an archer you craft with a better %. That is how it is. Create alts or better yet ask friends to help you and you help them in return. It's an mmo social game.
Syor

Post by Syor »

Ah! has fishing been reduced in the past?
In my opinion it doesn't make much difference the character class, I have a freya, and we all know that fishing for the dwarf is the hardest skill.
But my fishing skill is 8. Obviously I catch fewer fish than an orc of the same level, but I can still take this skill high.

To draw something more at high levels is correct for me.

Again, raising a skill is difficult, even raising peach for an ogre, it takes time and patience.

A little sop for high skills and high levels would be a must.

I would study something for every skill.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Phiso wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 pm hi
fishing in the game is a profession that all players love but only 0-250 items are dropped from fish its sad It would be better if:
0-10 lvl Fishing skill drop 0-250 item
10-15 lvl Fishing skill drop 0-500 item
15+ lvl Fishing skill drop 0-1k item
of course, the drop rate of 500 and 1k level should be less, but there must be 1 chance anyway because it is needed
that idea sounds good, but was discussed many times.
DUKE of SK-Clan