⚠️ Clans Rework ⚠️

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_NICKPAN_

⚠️ Clans Rework ⚠️

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Intro
Clans is the core feature which keeps FT community close and active.
Hundreds communities, clans, chat groups and memes have been created under that topic, but the sad thing is, it's OUTDATED.

Back in time, when we all were low levels (i'm still one :lol:) Clans and Clans wars were more majestic, fun, worth-spenting-time to, we were all low level with weak gear trying to keep up one single tower to protect us against the few high level enemies, you had the agony to wake up the next day and see if your tower still made it or not!
Today, in my and alot of others' opinion, clans became an endless pain for everyone.

While you are in war, either you attack or defend, you will always spend days and nights doing just 1 task, sieging or repairing, the only point and reason you are doing that, is NOT EVEN to make a home for your clan (since you already have one somewhere hidden and unbreakable), but it's just because you want your enemy destroyed, which is totally fine! It's the game of war and you get a nice feeling seeing your enemy alliance dying slowly and obeying your commands, but even with that, this routine becomes boring and people start quitting, even if they don't quit they will yell that they don't like what they are doing, and don't look at me saying you like how the things are right now! Because they are not good, and it's me saying it, someone who has an unbreakable base with noone touching it and all day long i can improve it even more without a single danger.

Not to mention that, every clan map is full occupied (i saw by myself before a few days) and there are hundreds ghost clans with buildings and clan maps that noone is using.
My ideas with fix most of the issues, make clans more rewarding, ballanced and fun and give alot of space for even more ideas.

Something has to change. Something MUST change to make Clans UPDATED in today's data.

REWORK SUGGESTION
NOTE: I'm not here to provide exact formulas, maths, graphics etc. I'm here for the suggestions! Remember i'm not working for the developer but i'm spending alot of hours thinking and writing down these ideas, and not just in 1 day.

CLANS OVERALL renaming could be skipped, it's secondary idea
RENAMING CLANS INTO GUILDS: Since we have dozens of alt-clans, we WANT to UNITE all of them in ONE single clan (see idea 2), Guild as a name for a party of hundreds members fits more.
(correct me if im wrong under the meanings of these 2 words)
Clan meaning: A rather small group of people, usually family or friends, doing something together.
Guild meaning: A rather large group of people, having a considerable power, with all members playing a similar role in their community.

INCREASING CLANS MEMBERS AND BUILDINGS LIMITS +clan creating/joining changes: Since we unite all clans and alt-clans into one power, we need to increase Clan Members limit to 100. (for now 100 sounds good, since half of them will also be alts of other members, but can be changed later) and Clan Buildings limit to DOUBLE than what it is now. (both walls and buildings)

COST to CREATE a CLAN should be increased to 1 billion. and COST to ENTER a CLAN reduced to 100k. Will show how important a CLAN is before everyone creates one, being a clan leader should no longer be a toy, but should require important decisions, precision, time, invests and skill. But joining one should be easy, rewarding and teaching you with lessons.

LEVEL to CREATE a CLAN should be increased to 100. and LEVEL to ENTER a CLAN increased to 50. Yes, no more newly accounts joining clans as they are EITHER alts (which is fine until the point it doesnt makes a clan only by alts) OR newborn players, let them see all other aspects of the game before having the amazing time joining a huge power/clan. after all, today it takes less than a week (with normal playtime) to level up 50 levels without even friend-boosting.

FORCE A STRONG RULE FOR ALT-CLANS: Alt Clans should NOT BE ALLOWED AT ALL, noone should have alt clans. Even if in your main clan you are member, you shouldnt be allowed as a member in another clan! I know most of you want to build up your ally's clan but that's the point of uniting all one side's clans in one, but of course alliances will still exist between clans/guilds so see my alliances rework idea after i finish with clans.

CREATING A NEW CLAN ROLES SYSTEM: I will repost my suggestion from another topic i made not long time ago here, basically it allows FULLY CUSTOMIZATION to the clan leader for his clan, making it unique and giving more possibilities.

--start of roles update post--

My suggestion about clan ranks, was to allow the leader of a clan to FULLY CUSTOMIZE ranks permissions, ranks names, and how many ranks the clan has.
With easy Toggle Buttons.
e.g. So when the leader or the rank that has permissions edit list access, creates a new rank and name it. he can access a list of permissions;
-permission name- -green/red,yes/no toggle-
Buildings Storage Access ( yes / no )
Create building Access ( yes / no )
Delete building Access ( yes / no )
Upgrade building ( yes / no )
Create alliance ( yes / no )
Delete alliance ( yes / no )
Invite Players ( yes / no )
Kick Players [lower than this rank] ( yes / no )
Edit Permissions List ( yes / no )
etc.
(i can provide a full list of permissions that can be given/removed if creator asks me to)

so the duke can actually name his ranks, choose how many ranks the clan has, edit it's permissions. in a simple way.
IN-GAME. There shouldnt be more information (like [L] [M]) about a user's rank in his clan.
There should be only 1 [L] for the clan Leader, or a crown [👑] so everyone can see who is the creator/leader of that clan.

clan Leader rank, can be renamed, but not deleted or have it's permissions edited. he always has all permissions.

--end of roles update post--

CLAN BUILDINGS: First thing first, would be amazing to allow a clan owner change with a purchaseable item, his/her clan's colors (which changes the clan name tag color and clan buildings color).
Now about the mechanics of clan building:

1. To build a base first you will need a TOWN HALL/HOME TOWER/HOME BUILDING (can be a slightly changed round tower for graphics) which will be a building at (usually) the center of your base, will provide a huge range showable from all players which will DETERMINE until what point you can build.
HP should be HUGE, starting low and scaling large uppon levelling up.
10 PAGES STORAGE shared for everyone (everyone the leader gives access too (read my idea about clan roles))
Not able to attack.
High Resistances to both magic and physical (95% i'd suggest)
Can be built with a LARGE AMOUNT OF PLANKS/STONES (hundreds, most than every other building), 1 billion gold (it's the most important building and start of your empire and will also prevent once more alt clans), and can be leveled up with again high amount of resources.
Every 100 levels (with the max level of 1000) it will increase it's range so your clan can build even further other buildings, with MAX level (1000) allowing you to build 1/4 of a clan map (if we say it's built at one corner of a map)

2. Walls overall HP should be decreased.. spending more 30 minutes for destroying a max lvl wall is not normal neither ok in a game.
Walls max level should be 1000, with a bonus of every 100 levels their resistances increase by 10%.
Level 1 (to 99) resistances should be 49%. Making it easier to destroy recently placed walls and prevent spam more.
same goes for doors. but stays with increased materials to build, vertical doors would be amazing too (if not a must) but new graphics are needed for it.
Gold amount for upgrade/build could be slightly increased too.

3. Now all clan attackable buildings max level like walls should be 1000. BUT HP AND RESOURCES NEEDED FOR AN UPGRADE SHOULD BE ALSO ADJUSTED LIKE THEY ARE NOW.
So making it way harder for 1 single level in a building, they should be major upgrades whole clan must work to. So to make them feel like that, buildings should also be DISABLED FROM ATTACKING while they are unfinished under a levelling up.
Like walls, all attackable buildings should start at 49% resistances and increase with every 100 levels by 10. making it again 99% at max level.

Barracks should also have their troops stats increase adjusted for a 1000 max lvl barracks.

Again, gold amount to upgrade/build here could be increased by alot.

4. Crafting buildings and farms should get their HP increased abit, max level again at 1000. But Completely removing their resistances. (to be honest, thats only for magic craft building)
as they should not take time for attackers to destroy, but neither taking it down in 1 second at max level.
To add another point of leveling up those buildings (excluding farms, as they already reward up to lvl 100), every 100 levels the chances to craft something in THAT building should increase by 1% (max 10% at 1000 level)
would be nice if the gold income from farms also have a new formula to give more gold at highest level of 1000.

and again, gold amount to upgrade/build crafting buildings could slightly increase.

5. I like that now destroyed buildings drop their storage. But let's spice up that feature abit to make it more rewarding for using storages of a clan building too.
CLAN BUILDINGS with storage NOW SHOULD HAVE 2 BANKS/STORAGES:
1 Personal page for EACH MEMBER to access PLUS THE CLAN OWNER (so means the clan owner can access everyone's storage/page in his buildings)
And the rest shared pages for all members like they are currently working.
One more reason to make clans high-risk-high-reward ACTUALLY WORK WITHOUT MAKING ENDLESS ALT CLANS (since as i explain it's way harder now to establish a clan, espesially with buildings)

6. Clan buildings should SLOWLY lose HP with the time. (around 0.5% every day). BUT IF A HOME BUILDING IS DESTROYED then the clan should NOT be able to place any more buildings until a new one is build (and again, only in it's building range)

Bonus for Buildings outside of home building range: these buildings will lose double hp per day (like 1%) and WONT be able to REPAIR / UPGRADE.
(the only way to have a building out of range of a home building is if the home building gets destroyed or sold)

7. Unfinished lvl 1 Buildings (means the buildings that have just been build and didnt even make it level 1) should have 0 resistances, making it impossible to spam them, same goes for walls.

8. For a CLAN to BUILD somewhere the first home building. IT MUST BE OUTSIDE OF ANY OTHER'S CLAN HOME BUILDING RANGE (even if it's from an allied clan)
But if there is a home building in clan A and in clan B, and their range are connected, both clans can build at that place (as long they keep the distance from current requested-distance-to-build range).

ALLIANCES: Now CLAN LEADERS should be able to FORM A NEW ALLIANCE WITH A GIVEN NAME (a long name like THE PACK OF GODS) AND TAG (max 2 letters like GD). Leader can invite another clan into his alliance, there should be an alliance tab so everyone in that alliance can TAP on a clan in that alliance and actually see their members, gold, etc without being in that clan.

ONLY ALLIANCE LEADER (which is also a clan leader) CAN KICK/ADD OTHER CLANS IN THAT ALLIANCE AND MAX NUMBER OF CLANS IN ONE ALLIANCE SHOULD NOT BE HIGHER THAN 10.

You will not be able to attack a player in an ALLIED clan and their name color will also be different.
Point of alliances is not only to have all clans in one map with your side, but following the same goals, protecting each other, having the same enemies. Also it's a nice way to have friendly territories in another clan map or out of your clan home building range.
You will also be able to use an allied clan's crafting buildings, and finish them if they are under repair/upgrade. but to build your own buildings you will need your own home building.
Each clan can belong into 1 alliance.

Alliances tag will also be shown in a players name with ( ), as long a clan join an alliance all players get that tag behind their clan name. leaving a clan also leaves the alliance tag.
example of a player's name: (GD) [Claw] NICKPAN [L] (1500) // aka: (Alliance) [Clan] playername (if there is an L means leader of the clan, if not leader the nothing shows here) (level)

HOW THESE CHANGES WILL COME
Oh god, thats a hard and serious topic. People will be angry at it, people will ask why, others (like me) will be happy for these changes EVEN IF THAT MEANS A COMPLETE WIPE OF ALL CLAN MAPS...
yeah, full clan maps wipe would be an option, with gold refund of course. I won't touch that topic much, on how these changes will actually come, they could come one by one from easier to hardest BUT at the end it will be rewarding for everyone. I hope there will be better ways than full clan maps wipe to include major changes like this.

Outro

I know that's alot of changes. But i strongly believe, with the right formulas, maths and time, if the Developer takes an extra look on my post and think of his own creations and possibilities too. we can create a new non-toxic, addictive (with positive way) fun clan system and see more amazing clan wars and clan politics with minor issues and GM work.
Will probably require alot of coding, but again, it's for the game's good, comp.
If not all of these ideas i said up there, then most of them can work.

[PLEASE, IF YOU SEE ANY BAD SPELLING OR SOMETHING WRONG ON MY POST I ENCOURAGE YOU TO PM ME SO I CAN CHANGE IT. UNDER THAT POST I WANT TO SEE ONLY +1/-1 WITH REASONS AND OTHER FEEDBACK FOR THE DEVELOPER TO SEE // I WILL EDIT MULTIPLE TIMES TO MAKE IT PERFECT WITH YOUR HELP]
Last edited by _NICKPAN_ on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Boo
justj99

Re: ⚠️ Clans Rework ⚠️

Post by justj99 »

I'm not in a clan, so I can't comment on most things, but this one stuck out to me:
"You will not be able to attack a player in an ALLIED clan and their name color will also be different."

That would mean no testing PVP with members of your own clan or allied clans to practice. Seems like that wouldn't be a desirable outcome...
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

justj99 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:11 pm "You will not be able to attack a player in an ALLIED clan and their name color will also be different."
That would mean no testing PVP with members of your own clan or allied clans to practice. Seems like that wouldn't be a desirable outcome...
I believe it already works like that. If not, sorry if i'm wrong.
But again that's a minor issue we can fix easy.

:idea: One way to fix is: There could be a command /friendlypvp which would be a toggle on/off. Allowing you to attack allies/clan members!
Boo
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

I agree the clan builds need to be reworked. Unfortunately it has been almost a year since I left. Upon my return I have seen no real changes to clans. One of the main reasons I don't play. Unfortunately to make the changes you speak, would mean you need to remove all clan builds. Otherwise you simply make it hard on new clans. I like the idea of making it easier for noobs to join a clan and harder for dukes to create a clan. Good luck.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

The idea Is a big change, but step by step would transform ft in something new, i like.
Pity won t change people bad attitude, but there Is no cure for that
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
TheTurk

Post by TheTurk »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 pm
FORCE A STRONG RULE FOR ALT-CLANS: Alt Clans should NOT BE ALLOWED AT ALL, noone should have alt clans. Even if in your main clan you are member, you shouldnt be allowed as a member in another clan! I know most of you want to build up your ally's clan but that's the point of uniting all one side's clans in one, but of course alliances will still exist between clans/guilds so see my alliances rework idea after i finish with clans.
After seeing the nonsense here, I didn't want to read the rest of this post and waste my time. I can guess that there is nonsense like this in the rest.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

TheTurk wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:42 am
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 pm
After seeing the nonsense here, I didn't want to read the rest of this post and waste my time. I can guess that there is nonsense like this in the rest.
You should read the whole post to understand the reason behind this. You can't judge before actually thinking and understanding how this would work.

And even if we cancel this idea, there are plenty of others you might like :D
Boo
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

+1
I have a suggestion
Can i write؟
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Some additions could be a good part of the current clan system.
But as for the processing up to the removal of clan maps, is it again an absolute disregard players who built them for many hours, months and even years that will simply disappear?First, it will not change the position of the "two sides".They will still destroy any competitors because they have the power to do this and beginners do not.Removing clans will only make them even more angry and toxic in their behavior in the game due to losses.The same applies to the self-destruction of buildings from wear in which players must fight not against the players but against the game itself.Players would simply leave their cards and begin to destroy absolutely all other clans, because the game also will helps them in this.
You do not understand the key of this problem as always.
If you want to make clan games massive, then you should not think about how to take away their time from the players of the year again and again,and how you can help new players so that they can also participate and, for example, create "3 side".At the same time, even this is quite likely not to happen and one of the parties can absorb a new third again only to defeat the other.
But even so, help for beginners could do much more.Players enter the game but nothing stops them there.Why?They see huge levels to which they need to go for years and are not going to do this, especially when it comes to donaters who still do not have a level purchase limit and can buy at least 20,000 levels.Previously, players had an experience coefficient that stopped, which made it possible to compete with them, but now they must spend many years and maybe they will come close to it.
New players do not have any privileges with which they could start well and get involved in clan games.They have nothing to help them even get closer to the numbers of those players.As an example, an experience boost of 50% to level 2000.But I'm sure the game will never think of anything like that.Perhaps will add such boosts to experience that will cost money and the same donaters of players on both sides will get an advantage.
This topic is really very long and complex, but clan problems are smaller than some others which do not even allow other players to participate in them.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

mr_maks i believe at one point you are right but after that you went off topic.

First of all i also spent thousands of hours building and rebuilding and i know how bad will be for a full clans wipe.
Don't forget it was just one suggestion and instead of being against it and saying tons of reasons why, make a new suggestion about how these changes could come.

Most of the changes can actually come without anyone losing something (examples are Roles System, some parts of Alliances and/or levels limitations)
Let's first make the changes perfect and see what should change and afterwards discuss how the changes will come.

Secondly, you believe i made this post for my personal improvement. No. I will win nothing out of all these, neither new/low lvl players. What we will all win is an improvement on Clan System.

Lastly, if you want to keep a Game alive and updated. You won't focus only at the end-game gameplay (which is also bad at the current state). You will want new players to stay and not leave after they see a level 20k player as you said.
New players will get nothing out of these changes too, but just more reasons to stay, invest time and money and play.

Also note that the point of these changes are not to make clans peaceful places and remove sides of war. They are actually to make THEM more EFFICIENT and improve these sides' gameplay, fairness and making the time they spending worth without abuses from anyone.
And exactly, we want MORE Sides of war and More players participate that fun part of the game. Seeing one side dominating another side is not wrong at all but that should happen with skill and tons of gameplay, instead of staying and watch your siege's animation.

Which is something some of my ideas might change at a big point, if not totally change it, then it's time after these changes to work on Skill Tree idea compbatant wanted to add in world of FT.
Boo