Prison

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Hary61827

Prison

Post by Hary61827 »

I believe that all arrests by the gm team should be published on the main forum because there may be cases of wrongly accused and detained players as it happens in real life and in the game
Cleopatra

Re: Prison

Post by Cleopatra »

GM's have to uphold a higher code of conduct. If you look at the GM application you can see they have to follow certain rules. And only certain people are accepted into the GM program those who play fair. I don't think I'm breaking any rules by saying just like a GM can check your logs and see what you're doing GM's also have logs that the Creator (or sir GM) can check on them. So any GM that Jails another account for wrong reason or without proof of abuse or cheating they won't stay GM for long...
Yes GM's do make mistakes they are not perfect and they are human but their actions should not be public knowledge. In fact if they had to disclose who was being jailed and why it would break confidential rules and possibly make more cheaters abusing glitches and bugs.

For example let's hypothesize that a GM jailed someone for duplicating item bug.
who did GM jailed?...John Doe
Why was John Doe jailed?...Duplicating item bug
Wait you can duplicate an item how do you do that?... OOPS now I'm jailed
Which would make more people abusing the duplicating bug.

Lots of what GM's do have to remain confidential and need to remain confidential. Even if a GM said who was jailed but not why would still leave people questioning why?...
The GM's are very strict on who gets jailed how long and why. And honestly a lot of them are group decision in the GM group. Meaning that the whole GM team discusses who should get jailed and for how long?...
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

As a regular player who is jailed and for what reason is none of our business. I hate to sound rude but it truly is none of our business. If someone is wrongfully jailed the senior GM's will take care of it. If it was just a simple mistake or a misunderstanding from the GM then the person will get out of jail. But if the GM did it wrongfully and needs to be punished the senior GM's will take care of that too. Uncle Ben said it best with great power comes great responsibility...^_^
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well said Cleo.

KUDOS!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I'd say both are fair points. I know in real life you can search up these kinds of things. I agree though, you should be able to see if a player was jailed and why... but a more vague reason. For example, saying "Player John Doe was jailed for X amount of days for bug abuse"
This would be a huge amount of extra work for the moderator team though and us definitely not necessary 😬
Does life really get better?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

This sounds like an odd thing to say, but because I support the GM team I would encourage anyone who has a complaint or concern to review the GM rules and report those complaints or concerns as needed. Review the standards to which they are held and make factual reports. Report junior GMs to GMs, report GMs to senior GMs, and report senior GMs to compbatant.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

SellSword and NightBaby Both good points!
Sometimes there are some people that don't work out well as GM's and they use the power corruptly. That was not the case with me. I decided to retire because I enjoy playing the game more than GM work. Being a GM was an awesome experience but it was all so stressful. Most people treated me with respect but not all :( I even had a few people threaten me in real life. Now I'm a Watchman and I've never been shy about it. As a Watchman I report anything straight to the GM's that looks like abuse bugs or glitches. Who knows though I could be an undercover GM just like an undercover cop :lol:
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

NightBaby wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:40 am I'd say both are fair points. I know in real life you can search up these kinds of things. I agree though, you should be able to see if a player was jailed and why... but a more vague reason. For example, saying "Player John Doe was jailed for X amount of days for bug abuse"
This would be a huge amount of extra work for the moderator team though and us definitely not necessary 😬
All the other GM's do have knowledge to this type of information on any account that's been jailed. But it's not typically public knowledge.
So even though they don't reveal to the public what John Doe did doesn't mean he doesn't have a criminal record that the GM's already know about lol
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Please go to this link and read my post.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16742&p=113785&hilit=Public#p113785
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON