PvP Drop Optional

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

justj99

PvP Drop Optional

Post by justj99 »

A drop from PvP kill is 30% I believe. I think the drop should be optional. So, if you kill a player and get a drop, check yes or no to keep it or let them keep it. Something like that.

Maybe the check thing isn't ideal in a battle, but something along those lines. Maybe it sends a message that says "x returned your item." as well.
SellSword

Re: PvP Drop Optional

Post by SellSword »

That would be nice. I'm very sure some items would not be returned, but I know some people enjoy it for the fun and not just the drops.

It'd almost be a taunt that you were beat and someone is pitying you by returning items! ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

of its pvp the drop would be fine but when someone is just lvling up and some piece of $@!+ comes in normally 1k + more lvls and kills you there shouldnt be any drop. since you have no options. you cant log out you cant fight back and you lose xp and time. its never someone similar in lvl its almost always a higher lvl that probably cant pvp legitematly so they ruin lower lvls game.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Blackbetty wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:54 am of its pvp the drop would be fine but when someone is just lvling up and some piece of $@!+ comes in normally 1k + more lvls and kills you there shouldnt be any drop. since you have no options. you cant log out you cant fight back and you lose xp and time. its never someone similar in lvl its almost always a higher lvl that probably cant pvp legitematly so they ruin lower lvls game.
I take it that you are outlawed, in a clan, both or have attacked that player before. If so, that is a different conversation.

Back to the original post, it almost works that way currently as when you kill someone the item drops 30% of the time. If it appears you can choose to collect it or not.

The extra message is a nice touch though.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Leone are saying if you don't take a drop item it goes back to original owner? I guess I assumed like other drops if you don't get the item it just disappears and is lost. Honestly I think I have only had two pvp drops ever and they were early on when someone asked me to kill them for a fast trip to the start map. I don't respond to such requests any more! ;)
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

If you don't pick up the drop it goes "blink"
Killing mobs the drop is from 5% to .01% and sometims I think 0.001%

PvP should be the same: somewhere between 5% and 0.01%

LK was gang PvP's not long ago by 3 players and very recently he was attacked while in a mob, by Gullandar's admirer. IMHO The 4 are cowerdly

LK does not PvP and dropping to those that do should be as hard as getting items in the game.

This would be nice:
Make PvP drops 0.01%
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I'll try on test, but I think if you drop, it's gone whether they pick it up or not.

Edit: Tried it: once it's gone, it's gone.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:18 pm If you don't pick up the drop it goes "blink"
Killing mobs the drop is from 5% to .01% and sometims I think 0.001%

PvP should be the same: somewhere between 5% and 0.01%

LK was gang PvP's not long ago by 3 players and very recently he was attacked while in a mob, by Gullandar's admirer. IMHO The 4 are cowerdly

LK does not PvP and dropping to those that do should be as hard as getting items in the game.

This would be nice:
Make PvP drops 0.01%
i agree.
Syor

Post by Syor »

in my opinion it is correct to choose whether to take the drop or leave it to the owner.

However, there is always the option to return the object dropped.

So, with choice or without choice, currently the system exists, and it is always at the discretion of the winner of the pvp.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Syor wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:00 pm in my opinion it is correct to choose whether to take the drop or leave it to the owner.

However, there is always the option to return the object dropped.

So, with choice or without choice, currently the system exists, and it is always at the discretion of the winner of the pvp.
IF you are inclined to return it, you would have to go to 0.0 or outlaw map and catch the person right away or "find them".

Maybe the (X) returns the item to the fallen foe and s/he has "X seconds to pick it up", just like any dropped item. The [Green Check] of course means you pick it up.

OR the third option - let it time out and it goes "bye-bye"
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.