Punishments for outlaws

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Syor

Punishments for outlaws

Post by Syor »

I wanted to respond to a trend, but I would have been off topic.

currently the punishments are:
Silenced, outlaw, prison, ban.

Many would like to review the punishment of outlaws. I like it, you are reborn on a remote island and everyone can attack you, punishment appropriate to what you did.

I propose to add "forced labor" as well.

Depending on the crime, the criminal will have to do some work, in a set time. Example to make 5000 stones in two weeks ..
Or locked in a quarry, it will only come out at the end of the job

Obviously to make the punishment more real, the stones will have to be delivered to the foreman.

An idea for minor offenses.

Or all the clans say what they need, and for a week the criminal will have to work for that clan, and the duke will say whether he worked well or badly.

There could be many ideas on this topic ....
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Re: Punishments for outlaws

Post by Leone »

I think this is a good start. Well said and let us hear the ideas.
Nicole-_-

Post by Nicole-_- »

stop this madness syor yall tryna stop me from killing or something and even a dwarf cant do 5000 stone thats too much for any1
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Syor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:51 pm I propose to add "forced labor" as well.
I like it! On a deserted island while being attacked by the guards.
With 0 skill upgrades as well.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I'm of two minds on punishments for outlaws...

On one hand, I'd like more punishments for the players who are a constant pain in my.... On the other hand, I have several friends in game who are usually outlaws.

I'd be up for more strict punishments for those that are "problem players" and always cause problems. BUT, I think the game is intended for us to find and punish those players. If they get attacked by everyone who sees them in game, consistently, then being an outlaw will be a lot less fun for them.

As it is now, outlaws walk around freely, with little regard for other players. The onus is on some of us to take a different approach, I think.

Everyone, round up actual in game posses. Get your friends or others who are law abiding players, and let's make being an outlaw scary for them.

I'm not a big fan of pvp usually. But, maybe we need to take a different approach.

If you read, this, then consider yourself deputized! Go in game and deputize others too! Watch out outlaws, we might just come for you!
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

i dont think they need to be punished like forced labor. i just dont think they should be rewarded with a dropped item by a peaceful player that is getting a triple punishment - dropping a valuable item,- losing xp,,- and losing time to run back or find another set up to grind at. :twisted:
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I'll make a comment similar to what I've made in the past and fits in with justj99 thoughts, as long as the game rules and mechanics allow for a class called outlaws they have a right to play the game to their enjoyment even if we personally don't like it, don't like them, or think all outlaws should be outlawed. But wait a moment and read the rest. I too have had friends who were or became at one point outlaws but I perhaps see a difference. These outlaws killed others, getting to their count of 5, by either avenging friends they thought were wronged, or to put this kindly, got hot under the collar (angry fast) when another player did something stupid or infringed on what they were doing as pests. But there is a different breed of outlaws who are always on the hunt for a fresh kill and anyone will do. There is no honor involved or even anger that is just what is fun for them to do. In these cases they still have a right to play that way according to the rules, but other rules in these cases I think come into play and I think make the discussion of this thread valid. Being a general menace to a far ranging variety of players at least in my mind crosses the line on infringing on others ability to enjoy the game and perhaps not on the individual occurrence but the cumulative occurrences warrants a tougher than usual penalty in severity and duration. I think there is room for both outlaw considerations, the occasional who has an issue with specific players, and the hunter who has adopted the profile of an outlaw and like real life outlaws take advantage of anyone they think they can. Perhaps there is room for two levels of outlaw consequences, the present one and one harsher for habitual outlaws. But this doesn't seem to be just my opinion or that of other players, the game obviously thinks there is something less than desirable about the actions of the outlaw or there wouldn't be a stigma about being one and a danger imposed by the game mechanics on one, and it wouldn't be asked in the GM application if someone had been an outlaw unless it was frowned upon. Yes be an outlaw if you wish it is your right to be one, but like the dangers of joining a clan it shouldn't be thought an outlaw can simply carry on with his business without eventually paying a price for doing an activity the game itself in it's rules condemns. Nor should the outlaw be angry about a thread like this discussing how to deal with him or her. The outlaw is already condemned by the very game he has chosen to play, that his lot may take a turn for the worse should not surprise him or her.
Retired
Ulcaster1

Post by Ulcaster1 »

(Elgur speaks from beyond).

It is not easy tracking outlaws. They are always prepared for every situation and they're pretty tough
to beat.

So's if'n yer thinkin' about trackin' them rustlin' devils down do it the right way. Walk on over to the sherrifs
office and git yerself deputised. And wear that badge with pride.

Then you'll be. "a real" outlaw hunter.

P.S. If the sherrifs too drunk then just take his badge...he won't mind.....
He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.
Gandalf
Syor

Post by Syor »

Nicole-_- wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:37 am stop this madness syor yall tryna stop me from killing or something and even a dwarf cant do 5000 stone thats too much for any1
It was just one example.
Gullander wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 am I'll make a comment similar to what I've made in the past and fits in with justj99 thoughts, as long as the game rules and mechanics allow for a class called outlaws they have a right to play the game to their enjoyment even if we personally don't like it, don't like them, or think all outlaws should be outlawed. But wait a moment and read the rest. I too have had friends who were or became at one point outlaws but I perhaps see a difference. These outlaws killed others, getting to their count of 5, by either avenging friends they thought were wronged, or to put this kindly, got hot under the collar (angry fast) when another player did something stupid or infringed on what they were doing as pests. But there is a different breed of outlaws who are always on the hunt for a fresh kill and anyone will do. There is no honor involved or even anger that is just what is fun for them to do. In these cases they still have a right to play that way according to the rules, but other rules in these cases I think come into play and I think make the discussion of this thread valid. Being a general menace to a far ranging variety of players at least in my mind crosses the line on infringing on others ability to enjoy the game and perhaps not on the individual occurrence but the cumulative occurrences warrants a tougher than usual penalty in severity and duration. I think there is room for both outlaw considerations, the occasional who has an issue with specific players, and the hunter who has adopted the profile of an outlaw and like real life outlaws take advantage of anyone they think they can. Perhaps there is room for two levels of outlaw consequences, the present one and one harsher for habitual outlaws. But this doesn't seem to be just my opinion or that of other players, the game obviously thinks there is something less than desirable about the actions of the outlaw or there wouldn't be a stigma about being one and a danger imposed by the game mechanics on one, and it wouldn't be asked in the GM application if someone had been an outlaw unless it was frowned upon. Yes be an outlaw if you wish it is your right to be one, but like the dangers of joining a clan it shouldn't be thought an outlaw can simply carry on with his business without eventually paying a price for doing an activity the game itself in it's rules condemns. Nor should the outlaw be angry about a thread like this discussing how to deal with him or her. The outlaw is already condemned by the very game he has chosen to play, that his lot may take a turn for the worse should not surprise him or her.
Right observation.
I was outlawed once for the sake of seeing My character with the black name.
Perhaps I would eliminate the possibility of "starting pvp" for an outlaw. Only thing that maybe I would change.

LostKnight wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:43 am
Syor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:51 pm I propose to add "forced labor" as well.
I like it! On a deserted island while being attacked by the guards.
With 0 skill upgrades as well.
Yeeeee !! the desert island is beautiful! I already see the character making wood, to be brought to the guard until the minimum number is reached.
Maybe a guard with a whip, who beats you from time to time to make you go faster. And you are forced to stop to recharge your energy.
Instead of "Are you there?" I'd say "Get moving sewer rat !!!"
As for fishing, the skin will change into a little man in striped pajamas with an iron ball at the foot.
I'm fantasizing now. XD
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Nicole-_-

Post by Nicole-_- »

justj99 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:55 am I'm of two minds on punishments for outlaws...

On one hand, I'd like more punishments for the players who are a constant pain in my.... On the other hand, I have several friends in game who are usually outlaws.

I'd be up for more strict punishments for those that are "problem players" and always cause problems. BUT, I think the game is intended for us to find and punish those players. If they get attacked by everyone who sees them in game, consistently, then being an outlaw will be a lot less fun for them.

As it is now, outlaws walk around freely, with little regard for other players. The onus is on some of us to take a different approach, I think.

Everyone, round up actual in game posses. Get your friends or others who are law abiding players, and let's make being an outlaw scary for them.

I'm not a big fan of pvp usually. But, maybe we need to take a different approach.

If you read, this, then consider yourself deputized! Go in game and deputize others too! Watch out outlaws, we might just come for you!
im the outlaw hes talking about lol
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.