READ TO EVERYONE TO REVIEW

You want to develop content? Create maps, items or quests! Get rewarded!

Moderator: Game Administrators

mYHome

READ TO EVERYONE TO REVIEW

Post by mYHome »

Hi, I'm mYHome, and I want to appeal to everyone who is not indifferent, read everything below ↓

As each of you sees, the number of players in the game has been decreasing lately, and new players are not coming into the game!
According to my observations, 60-70% of new players leave the game without winning even level 10.
Many new players say that they do not understand what to do at the beginning of the game, it is difficult for them to look for quests because they do not understand how it works.
So I want to change the circumstances and increase the number of players in the game.

Here is my idea: Create a team of players who focus on helping new players!
Responsibilities of players joining the team "help new players"
1. If you have free time, you become where new players appear. When a player appears you offer to help him! You help him with his first quests, Kulgan's quests,also if you wish you can give 2-5m for the first time! You have to tell the principle of the game, how to develop, how to pass quests, the basic rules of the game! Also, when you start helping a player, it is desirable to add him to friends and help to about 20-30 levels, then you can remove him from friends and wish him success!

2. You must know the quests

You may need to create a new account for this, and you may need to give a different name color!
@combatant I want to hear your opinion too!

If the combatant allows it, you can apply for an assistant to new players!

But you can also help now, I also now when I have free time do it!
You must understand that this is for the development of the game, it is a voluntary matter that no one will pay you for it!

It is desirable that the players were not only English-speaking!
GamerAssistantEN
GamerAssistantRU UA
Something like this, I think it will improve the situation and increase the number of players who will remain)

Maybe my idea is not perfect, so also leave your thoughts, thank you all)
Live while the soul lives
i love making maps
Little active

_WORD_
mYHome
Gullander

Re: READ TO EVERYONE TO REVIEW

Post by Gullander »

One way to help might be to put the map location with each quest in the quest book. A map with points of interest might be helpful, like showing ashdown village and cities on map, dungeon entrances and a brief name like skeleton cave (0.0) etc. Some players don't want help. Some just don't want to read all the information in the Kulgan tutorial. Part of the attraction of a new game is that it is new and you must learn about it by exploring and playing. Maybe some way 'hints' could be available for quests. Or access in info to a plan on how best to get the early quests done. I'm not saying a helper isn't a good idea, it is. But it would be a commitment to stand around at 0.0 and wait and also to have the right language player there.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Helping new players is always a great idea.

I think that the tutorial could be adjusted so that it is more obvious for new players to go and talk with Kulgan and his apprentice.

Something like:

'Walk north and follow the river to the west to speak with two important people who shelter round a campfire'.

I absolutely agree with the idea to help new players. The amount of gold to be given doesn't matter too much. 200k at lvl 0 is amazing tbh.

The 60-70% observation will need corroborating by game logs.
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

My personal opinion.
The game used to be interesting.
There was not even a picture of the person and a picture of what we had to take for him in the mission book.
I remember looking for things for a long time and losing some npc where they were.
Now game is very comfortable with books and photos,
new players, if they ask questions on Map Start, they will help a lot.
The question mark is also displayed in brown and blue on the map
And it is convenient and there is a guide in the general game forum
I think being interested in the game is quite an individual feeling, and so is staying or leaving
If you are interested in adventure and level up missions, this game is something you will never leave for any reason.
And if you are interested in Clan and the charms of construction and war and peace
And if you are interested in staying somewhere and with the pets you want to up the level
All of them are availabl
The only thing that can be annoying. In my opinion,
of course🤭
Harassing people who are just looking for annoyance or trouble
or
changing the quest and the way they are done
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The biggest issue I could see with that is people being available. If FT could have 30 players or so volunteer to help (formally or informally) that would be great, but then you rely on them to be around.

Something built into the game (e.g., tutorial) does not depend on people to be around.

That being said, anyone who wants to volunteer for such helping can start right away.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

But, then, how do we differentiate between alts and newbies?

Another issue, there are soo many games that people download to play.

How do we catch a new players interest? Most games don't even call them quests anymore!

To me, eh hem, a quest is only fun when four five or six people are needed

to kill the dragon what stole the kings daughter. etc...And there would be a sharing of experience(which should
be a fantastic amount[)/b

Thats how you grow your player base. We here have playing a long time, but young people are looking for more than just sword and board stuff

We need to create a wow factor to entice new, younger players. ]

What about Monarchs who start a guild where new players are helped along with gear money and other guild mates who organize quests.

Sorry, but clans and pvp does'nt do it for me. A supportive guild "could" be a good thing
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

@Elgur makes some very good points.

This game is more of a retro rpg style game. That means it will appeal more to the older player. The flashy animation of other games isn't here, but if you like a bit of a slower and more predictable pace this fits that. That says a lot about a players personality and likes rather than a flaw in the game. It seems you either like the FT style of play or not. If the elements don't appeal to you or it doesn't have features like Elgur mentioned that may be as much a reason for players not staying as much as a lack of information ,( which Meri reminded us of is way more than it used to be). Actually making a good friend in the game is the best way of retaining players, but that takes time and cannot be forced but happens naturally over time.

The idea of having Guilds not just clans has been brought up by Syor and others and has that mentoring aspect without the dangers associated with joining a clan. It would also provide a place to belong in the game with a ready friend base and source of game knowledge and physical help. A guild also would provide that the likelihood of someone else being usually available to ask. Personally I think I would enjoy a guild that didn't include the warlike characteristics of clans. Maybe such an addition would help player retention and build a longer lasting presence.
Retired
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Hey myHome i have sended you a personal Mail about this !

If you like you can post it here with your words !

Kind ragards...SK:)
DUKE of SK-Clan
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Retro...hm...not a good thin
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Never happened.