Is the lack of an end game hurting FT?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Is the lack of an end game hurting FT?

Post by Gullander »

I'll give my personal sense about this. I think the answer is yes.

Normally when we think of a game having an ending we conclude that after that is achieved players will move on to other games. Perhaps so. But if the experience was gratifying and fun along the way that encourages playing it again perhaps as a different character or class perhaps, or a challenge to finish faster or rank higher than before.

When there isn't any true ending though even if intermediate challenges are met and won eventually you are left with a constant redo of game mechanics growing in level yes but never closer to that satisfaction of saying 'I won!' Up to this point I have made the game have endurance for me by making my own little kingdom of accts with different characters. But when these characters stare at the prospect of walking in the steps of those who have gone before only to meet the same impasse of no 'I win' ending point the impetus to go on is severely strained.

Don't misunderstand me. I have very much enjoyed this game. I have enjoyed the freedom of expression on this forum. I have enjoyed making friends both near and far. But there is a point where the 2nd, and 3rd and 4th verse of the FT song is so much like the first that it's charm is replaced by a dutiful agenda to accomplish something. If Gullander were to retire now she would feel as if there were something out there she never had a chance of completing, and in spite of all the accomplishments and her extended alt family she has cared for, she will ever feel she has failed in her FT quest. Evil mages have not yet been vanquished and although once proclaimed a hero for her work with the artifact more than 2000 levels ago she knows the land lies in ruin and a path to a final victory was never found. That is an underlying pain and regret as the goal of any game is to win! True there is much also to be gained in the struggle and camaraderie of playing but I am reminded we enter this game quite alone in the woods and as someone out of time we quickly learn of the great quest for the silver sword to undo much of the evil plaguing this fair land. I fear we live and die as but another generation committed to a goal forever beyond our reach. That reality in my opinion hurts FT and perhaps another abbreviation ought to be added, FT meets FE , the Forgotten Ending.
Retired
Syor

Re: Is the lack of an end game hurting FT?

Post by Syor »

applause for all.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Hey, that Silver Sword is probably tough to find! I'm sure when Ascanius does find it and we have finally found the way to the Lost City, then Sebastius will finally get what he deserves!
Leone

Post by Leone »

I like this. There is the original storyline, but of course always new quests in the pipeline!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

justj99 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:36 am Hey, that Silver Sword is probably tough to find! I'm sure when Ascanius does find it and we have finally found the way to the Lost City, then Sebastius will finally get what he deserves!
I sincerely long for that day! I think by now Ascanius knows we planeswalkers are willing to help. And now we are so much stronger than when we first began. Oh please fickle gods of this domain grant us this boon, and later if you wish release a new adversary for us to vanquish. Help us to not lose heart! :o
Retired
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

i love this game...im 19 yrs oldand playing this game maybe about 6 or 7 yrs...
i dont want this game to die.
i ask combatant with all my heart to make it better somehow.im sorry that i dont have anough knowledge to help this game become better.
but this game has many memories to my life.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

Why think about the end when we have so much fun?
We can walk from here to here.
And have a whole new mission.
Maybe in the missions I will learn how to make tools +4
Let's get started And let's try I would like to see what is happening here 😉
Can you write a story for this mission?
Screenshot_20220628-104434_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-104434_Gallery.jpg (534.24 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Screenshot_20220628-104445_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-104445_Gallery.jpg (633.92 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

New information has come to light! My dwarf while digging graves found a rather unusual item, an ancient scroll. He traveled to the island home of Vitus Lector for help understanding it. If it is a true rendering of actual events and motives it will shed new light on the silver sword and reveal a conspiracy larger than we could have imagined. But you may not want to believe it as no one who plays FT ever would believe and hold a conspiracy theory! :lol: :lol: I believe if it is true will reveal a forgotten ending to Forgotten Tales is intentionally shrouded in the mists of uncertainty, and in this way is an end in itself of sorts, at least a glimmer of an answer. A more detailed explanation will be coming in a new thread when all the details can be thoroughly researched, or not, we shall see. A strong magic has held all attempts at making sense of an ending up until now, but the scroll seems authentic and may move us closer to the why. Or it may just be another false path that offers false enlightenment as the magic on this world to forget is very strong. :o
Retired
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

👌🌹i can't wait for new story 💃
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The story can be found here :D

viewtopic.php?p=143621#p143621
Retired