Ardesia Cemetery Walkthrough

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Ardesia Cemetery Walkthrough

Post by SellSword »

I've seen a few comments about problems with the Ardesia cemetery quests and people thinking that there are problems with the quest line. Here is a short walkthrough on how to start the quest and go through it. As always, your feedback is appreciated, especially if something needs to be clarified.

Level 150 is needed for this quest line. There are no required quests to start, but coming, there are plenty you should probably do anyhow.

Starting the quest: We'll go through these pictured steps in order (top left to top right, then bottom left to bottom right).
befunky_2022-7-6_13-35-34.jpg
befunky_2022-7-6_13-35-34.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 1240 times
Top left image: Here is the church where you start the quest.

Top middle image: There is some loot here in the building that you can grab, but as far as the quest goes you'll want to talk with the priest NPC on the top. You'll need to talk with the priest a few times to finish all of the story about the ghost of Ryaca. When you finish the discussion you will get a key to the cemetery. Pick it up! That should go without saying for any time you're talking with an NPC regarding a quest.

Top right image: This guy started complaining about the town being unsafe at the same time that I moved into my house. Ouch... Kind of harsh there bud! I mean, the dungeon in my house has only been for storage alts.

Bottom left image: You enter the cemetery at the gate on the top (and exit at the gate on the bottom) and the entrance is in this grave. You'll probably see a few people digging here so take a moment to pester them and make sure they aren't AFK players or something. If they are see if a GM can bury them in one of the graves.

Bottom middle image: Now, the light switch for the cemetery dungeon happens to be in the basement of my house. One of those odd things, so probably bring a torch. Talk to this devil NPC right inside the entrance. This guy seems like the ghost of William Knox or something with his "Oh, Why Should the Spirit of Mortal be Proud?" work based on how much he's bashing you. (Seriously though, that poem rocks and you should do yourself a favor and check it out.) Anyhow, you learn that you need holy water.

Exit the dungeon and go back to the priest. No, really. Don't go on before you go back for the holy water. Just do it and save yourself some problems.

Bottom right image: After you get the holy water take two minutes and save yourself some problems. If you have pets move your cemetery key and holy water to your first backpack screen (or second backpack screen if you have a spare backpack). This is a good lesson for all parts of the game: move quest items and your most valuable items to your character backpack and not the pet backpack. Your pet backpacks are always the last backpacks. You can see I'm showing screen 1 of 4 which means backpack screens 1 and 2 are character screens and backpack screens 3 and 4 are pet screens. If pets die anything on their screens shows up as a drop. You do NOT want quest items or valuable items getting dropped. If my pets died (we'll talk about what to do so that won't happen) I'd drop a bunch of health potions here which wouldn't be a huge problem.

Seriously though, keep that backpack storage in mind for other parts of the game too. I mean it, 100% not joking there.

Alright, you've got your key and holy water, read the poem, and organized your storage. Go through the door beyond the ghost of William Yates and we'll have a bit of a door puzzle to work out. Or, you know, look at these pictures and the next part of the walkthrough...
befunky_2022-7-6_13-27-44.jpg
befunky_2022-7-6_13-27-44.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1240 times
The images above show the path through. These go top left to right, middle left to right, and then bottom left to right. Here's the short recap starting from the door at the end of that first long hallway (top left picture):

Top,
Top,
Top Right,
Top Right,
Top Middle,
Bottom Left,
Top Left (in a much larger room),
Top Middle (in the second larger room)

That last door is kind of an easy one since you can see the hallway continues past it. Check out the notices about how you're going to die and continue on to the end of that hallway.

Ready to fight a demon while keeping your pets safe?
befunky_2022-7-6_13-44-9.jpg
befunky_2022-7-6_13-44-9.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 1240 times
Top left image: Talk to this demon and hear him tell you about how you're going to die. The bad guys always seem to say those things. Brush it off and carry on.

Top middle image: Pay attention to this warning about your pets. There are two options to keep your pets safe:

If you don't want to worry about your pets at all you can always store them in the pet storage on map 0.-1. This is available to players at level 50 as long as they've done some basic quests. If you haven't opened up the pet storage by level 150 you really should do that.

Another option is "trapping" your pets. This is a good lesson to learn for other areas too. Enabling tap to move helps out with this. Move about 5 or so spaces away from the door so your pets are behind you. Do NOT have your pets wait. Tap on the door. As long as you and your pets are walking close enough to each other and you get to the door first and interact with it (the top does that) you will go through the door and your pets will stay trapped on the other side.

Top right image: See my pets trapped safely in the other room?

Middle left image: See my pets trapped safely in the other room while a voice tells me that I'm going to die? The demon spawns in your room as soon as you close the dialogue so time to get ready.

At level 150 the demon has 200 dexterity so you'll want 206 dexterity regardless of class. At higher levels the demon has higher dexterity. Check out the demon stats and plan accordingly for higher levels.

For all characters other than mages I would say put all remaining stats towards attack and keep some health potions handy. With pets you can hold more health potions but you probably don't really need all of them. I used just 14 of the 1000 hp potions myself, but that's probably pretty lucky.

For mages you'll want the 206 dexterity, maybe some armor points to take some hits, and then the rest towards mana. It's probably best to stock up on 20 mana potions.

Middle center image: After you kill the demon you get an altar key. When people talk about the quest not working they never seem to mention the key so I wanted to point it out as something you are supposed to get.

Middle right image: Going through the door after killing the demon you get 3 levels right away. You find yourself in this room with an altar and ghost. It will be dark in the room but go to the top where the altar is and do NOT tap on the ghost. You'll go through some dialogue and find you did indeed need that holy water.

Bottom left image: Now you can talk to the ghost. There is no (?) above the ghost but you can talk to it. Only do this after the altar and using the holy water.

Bottom center image: You find yourself in a strange room. You thought there was more to this, right?

Bottom right image: You see that you now have a quest to talk to the priest so you may as well do that.
Last edited by SellSword on Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SellSword

Re: Ardesia Cemetery Walkthrough

Post by SellSword »

Next parts of the quest line here.
befunky_2022-7-6_13-49-21.jpg
befunky_2022-7-6_13-49-21.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1239 times
Top left image: You return to the priest and pass along the good new about freeing the ghost of Ryaca. Everyone is happy and they plan on throwing a party to celebrate.

Top right image: You get 3 more levels as a reward for finishing this quest which makes 6 levels total for this quest line. You don't get the details on the big party being planned because you're busy assigning your new stat points but you're pretty happy with that!

And that's it! Congrats!

But what about the free pet people always talk about, you ask?

And what about the other parts of the picture, you also ask?

Alright, alright... back into the cemetery dungeon we go! No, you will not need to fight the demon again so don't worry about that. Go past the ghost of William Yates (yeah, I know you didn't actually read the poem so I'm just going to continue calling him that and you'll continue to be confused). Go through the door maze above like you did the first time.

Bottom left image: The demon isn't all that arrogant now, is he? Continue on going through the top door there which brings you to...

Bottom right image: Lots of loot here! There is some nice stuff here, and yes there is a free pet item here as well.

Note about the white coffin: This is a special chest designed to give you a +0 weapon of the next highest level. If you open the chest at level 158 you'll get a level 175 weapon. If you come back at level 500 to open it you'll get a 750 weapon. Get the idea?

There are no level 350, 1250, 1500, or 3000 weapons here. Or any others added after this, more than likely.

If you wait to open the chest until level 2000 or above you will get a 2000+2 weapon.

Open the white coffin as you see fit. You can go back there any time.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

where to park the pets before they die ?

The parking function is still disabled like in the Ogres-Cave.

The WHole room will be under DMg like at the Chaos-Dragon and the pets die fast and pots will go :(

Where or how we should park pets in front of the room, that they not die if we cant park them.

We discussed that a long time, and till now we not get an exact answer .

Thx ....SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
Galbatroix

Post by Galbatroix »

SK1976 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:26 pm where to park the pets before they die ?

The parking function is still disabled like in the Ogres-Cave.

The WHole room will be under DMg like at the Chaos-Dragon and the pets die fast and pots will go :(

Where or how we should park pets in front of the room, that they not die if we cant park them.

We discussed that a long time, and till now we not get an exact answer .

Thx ....SK :)

You have to make your pets "wait" a little bit away from you, then be 1 step under the door. Then type /wait and move 1 step up and interact with the door while the pets are still moving. This causes them to stay in the previous room
Galbatroix(swordsman)- The King Of The North
May The Force Be With You
Leone

Post by Leone »

Fantastic walkthrough!
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Very detailed! Fantastic walkthrough!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Wonderful! Love it.

My 1 and 2 are obvious, then you use: T(3), T(4), TR(5), TR(6), TM(7), BL(8), TL(9), The only door, TM(10), and the point of no return, TM(11)

While I use a map.
Ghost·of·Ryaca.jpg

NOTE: Something no one mentioned to date.
As you go through these passages, take the time to talk to all the souls chained up to the wall. They all have something to tell you. You should at least take the time to listen to them.

Samples:
FT_2022-08-08_162419.jpg
FT_2022-08-08_161907.jpg
Last edited by LostKnight on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Awesome. Thanks :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Awesome job!!!

I have a crude hand drawn map to get through! :lol: