Clarification on being "AFK"

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blue aro

Clarification on being "AFK"

Post by blue aro »

I am aware that being afk is against the game rules, but what exactly could get you in trouble?
-Can playing multiple accounts get you in trouble?
-Do I have to gain anything to be considered for punishment? Example just sitting on the middle of the map doing nothing?
- Looking away from the game a few seconds to talk to someone in real life, pour some coffee, take a bite of sandwich....
- falling asleep( I know it's your responsibility to make sure to log out if you might fall asleep or something similar but sometimes it happens)
- sending pms to other players, how much time can I stay in my inventory before getting in trouble?
More questions might appear but that all I have for now.
I'm asking because I was at spawn fishing and a gm came and told me I looked afk as I was actively fishing maybe letting my character stop fishing for like 1 or 2 seconds. How do I appear not afk when I'm not afk? Lol
blue aro

Re: Clarification on being "AFK"

Post by blue aro »

Oh and I have to add that I know the basics of the rule I just want answers on a few nitpicks to see if they could get you jailed or in trouble.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll skip the obvious grinding AFK with some program. That's pretty obvious.

Playing multiple accounts is fine. The more screens or windows you have the harder it gets to pay attention to them all of course, but it's allowed.

Someone just standing around doing nothing is probably going to get less scrutiny. They aren't gaining anything as far as xp or skills, so they are probably chatting or looking in their backpack. If they're truly doing nothing they would get logged after a few minutes anyhow. Do they still need to respond to IGM/GM? Yeah.

The other questions sort of fit into the "Are you still paying enough attention?" group. A GM isn't going to jail someone because they don't respond within a few seconds. If a GM starts talking to you and you aren't responding after multiple greetings that's different. It's expected that players check their backpacks and send messages to friends. Should you maybe not send 20 messages in a row to your friend without ever checking your surroundings? Yeah, that's probably good for a few reasons.

As for how not to look AFK? I'd say just tell the IGM/GM that you aren't. Fishing for awhile is pretty normal.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blue aro

Post by blue aro »

Thanks for the reply and information. just making sure, wouldn't like to be jailed for missing a "hi" from a gm because I was sipping some coffee lol. And I'm correct in assuming I won't get in trouble for not replying immediately right :lol:
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

We honestly do our best to be 100% fair about it.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

blue aro wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:05 pm {snip} assuming I won't get in trouble for not replying immediately right :lol:
immediately for a bolt of lightning is really really fast,
for a sloth it's a little longer.

I'm sloth's cousin. :roll:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nicole-_-

Post by Nicole-_- »

Honestly when i leveled at green devs i i was there but IGM showed up and idk if they can see my chat so i just started saying nothing at this point .
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.
Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

Nicole-_- wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:18 am Honestly when i leveled at green devs i i was there but IGM showed up and idk if they can see my chat so i just started saying nothing at this point .
there are other ways to demonstrate that you are not afk
-=.Akkilles=-
☆Active Admin☆
(I'll answer when i have time)

--> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I have had people that are mute use movement to answer simple questions:

yes: ↑↓↑↓
no: ←→←→

I was told that by a mute outlaw years ago that was on my FL before he told me to ummmm " 'Get Lost', Lost". Yea that fits, and is more family friendly, than the way he said it.

I guess ↑→↓← would be "I don't know" :mrgreen:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Kotru6

Post by Kotru6 »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:01 pm I have had people that are mute use movement to answer simple questions:

yes: ↑↓↑↓
no: ←→←→

I was told that by a mute outlaw years ago that was on my FL before he told me to ummmm " 'Get Lost', Lost". Yea that fits, and is more family friendly, than the way he said it.

I guess ↑→↓← would be "I don't know" :mrgreen:
it's much easier to bargain if they don't see your chat
my accounts:
kotru6
kotru666
kotru3
kotru7
BiG_BoN
haos31