*Help_Report*

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Oizys

Re: *Help_Report*

Post by Oizys »

Please keep in mind that forum rules require posting in English in the main forum.

To answer your question, only the account name you have entered will be deleted.
Not Active
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

For wjat is "delete acc" `?
DUKE of SK-Clan
Oizys

Post by Oizys »

SK1976 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:39 am For wjat is "delete acc" `?
It deletes the account you have showing. Not something to joke around with.
Not Active
angel1869

Re: Nelmi maps finally released!

Post by angel1869 »

I made a new character and won't log me in but says success!
Something wrong with this big time!!
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Name:PopeFenris

:x this game infuriates me at times lol. At my Current lvl im 320. Im curious as to which/how many keys should i have/kept in my bank for future missions. Also i think i got rid of the Cemetery key from my bank for space (while ago).. not knowing it was one of a kind. This game probably should invest into a Locksmith shop incase people misplace or lost important (unfarmable keys). Sorry for ranting. Please get me informed im still learning this game.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Fenris wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:58 am Name:PopeFenris

:x this game infuriates me at times lol. At my Current lvl im 320. Im curious as to which/how many keys should i have/kept in my bank for future missions. Also i think i got rid of the Cemetery key from my bank for space (while ago).. not knowing it was one of a kind. This game probably should invest into a Locksmith shop incase people misplace or lost important (unfarmable keys). Sorry for ranting. Please get me informed im still learning this game.
Does that account need a replacement cemetery key?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

SellSword wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:11 am
Fenris wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:58 am Name:PopeFenris

Does that account need a replacement cemetery key?
Yes i think i do need a replacement cemtery key
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

About DELETING ACCS:

Why such a function is able in the menu ?
For what is it, and how it works ?

I wont test it with my acc, thats why we need an explaining about it !

Is it for perm jailed accs ?

I think noone will delete any of his accs !

Can it delete an acc by accident ?
Can deleted accs be recovered by GMs or Admin ?

Many questions, but WHO will test to delete his acc ? :)))

Greetings....SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I used [Delete] on a few alts accounts I did not want.

To be honest I don't think Comp had much choice.

There is a new law in Germany (EU) that states users must be able to "delete all" personal information from a website or game.

It is something we have been talking about for months in a Linux form that is undergoing a huge change because of this new law.

I quote from that forum:
more and more internet regulation (GDPR, new digital platforms act (redacted) we wouldn't want to handle indefinitely.
Do a search for: The General Data Protection Regulation

And that was only the 'tip' of the iceberg. Where our Administrator found the bit about members having the the 'ability to delete' all personal data I cannot say but it "was" quoted on the forum somewhere at one time.
Last edited by LostKnight on Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I have to agree. Having a delete acct feature seems a bit of a dangerous button to have.

We have to remember this game is rated "Everyone' which means younger players might not grasp the permanent meaning of this.

We are sent an email after an account reaches 10 I believe for purposes of I assume restoring later, is this also invalidated?

If there was an announcement about this feature and why it was added I missed it and I apologise, but if not SK raises some worthy questions why it exists.

******See above! LK explains the rationale, and it would be logical it has to be easily accessible then by players. I just hope it is double redundant and asks twice do you really want to do this? That's my suggestion.
Retired