*Translation Bugs*

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Aogon

*Translation Bugs*

Post by Aogon »

Game translators are still working to get all of the translations done properly, but now we have an automatic function to help as well.
viewtopic.php?t=19266

With the addition of that, I think we need a bug thread just for translation bugs. So please reply to this and share any bad translations you find in the game for your language. Where you can, also please share with us the correct translations (including English if there are spelling errors or typos).

When they have time, these things will help our game translators more easily find and fix broken things.

Please include:
Map/pos:
Screenshots (if possible):
Suggested correction:
Aogon

Re: *Translation Bugs*

Post by Aogon »

There's a translation bug in the Turkish version (at least) of this quest log:
quest_log Bring Swifty 10 Rare Fish 6 Sturdy Petrified Wood Planks 1 Magic Torch

Because there is more than one STURDY Petrified Wood Plank needed, the "+1" decoration on them doesn't show up. So, it's very important that the quest log includes the word Sturdy in there.

map 118.118
position 59.8
id 7124
Attachments
Swifty Quest.png
Swifty Quest.png (321.19 KiB) Viewed 13956 times
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

another translation bug is in the PM-Window.

Down-right is the symbol for translating a PM. It doesnt work :(
DUKE of SK-Clan
LORD DRAGO

Post by LORD DRAGO »

In the Spanish language there are missions that do not make sense in their translation and there are many examples of errors
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Unfortunately I cannot help with translations as I'm mainly english speaking and most my foreign words are cuss words. Lol.

But, there is this thought. Long ago a post was made asking for volunteers to translate the game and forum rules, game info, and quests. Many people volunteered and translations were added.
Now, if there are incomplete or incorrect translations, the best ideas would be to help fix/finish them. Even in this section of forum, in this topic, it says if you find an issue, post a SS and give proper fix. Just saying quest logs need fixed helps no one.

If we, as players, want the best possible joy from our game, wouldn't it make sense that we help make it better? We are the ones playing, we see the mistakes. If we can report players and game bugs, why can't we be as diligent in translations as well? All affect game play.

As SK noted in mchat, German rules are partially translated. Other languages could be similar. Side note tho, I find it funny the person reporting faulty German translations also one of those that volunteered to translate to German.

Now I'm sure with added content and updates, there is probably a need to perhaps, make a new thread and request translators again?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

We have some players who are helping with translations already. The point of this thread, as was pointed out again, is to help find some of the bugs that have been overlooked over the years and fix them. Screenshots are most helpful so that the translators can track them down and get them fixed. Thanks!
LORD DRAGO

Post by LORD DRAGO »

There are also missions that are not entirely in Spanish
Attachments
Captura de pantalla_20240114-141626.png
Captura de pantalla_20240114-141626.png (192.74 KiB) Viewed 10951 times
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

LORD DRAGO wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:19 pm There are also missions that are not entirely in Spanish
Thanks, I've passed that one on. If any more are found, this helps us track them down and get them fixed. They can be missing, incorrect, just a typo, or whatever you think is wrong.

In some cases, they might not be considered bugs if a language has two ways to spell something. For instance, in the USA, the word "traveler" is spelled with one "l". In the UK, it is spelled "traveller" with two "ll"s. I think there are some inconsistencies in other languages similar to this as well, so try to keep that in mind in that type of specific case.

Thanks for helping the game and the team! :D
LORD DRAGO

Post by LORD DRAGO »

I was watching the new npc chats that give new players that there is a bad translation about the word "ARM" where in Spanish its translation is a part of the body. Where to add the word "Armadura" or "ARM" It doesn't make any sense that they added the word "BRAZO" Why do you have to add an attribute to a body part? Maybe a team of Spanish translators can understand me. I do it for future and new players who enjoy the game well, thank you. (The npc in the chat this map 0.0 is a knight)
Attachments
Captura de pantalla_20240116-012308.png
Captura de pantalla_20240116-012308.png (762.4 KiB) Viewed 9816 times
Captura de pantalla_20240116-012405.png
Captura de pantalla_20240116-012405.png (771.69 KiB) Viewed 9816 times
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Arm here is used to abbreviate the word armor. Not a body part. Perhaps that's the confusion?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-