disable attack button for pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ysharj

disable attack button for pets

Post by Ysharj »

Sometimes I dont want my pet to attack anything, like when I am walking on a place with dangerous enemies or I only want my pet to tank enemies but ill do the killing. A button that disables their attack would be nice in these scenarios.
Bence
Leone

Re: disable attack button for pets

Post by Leone »

I'm not sure whether such ideas will be implemented. I can imagine players forgetting to enable the attack setting, their pets die and then they complain to GMs and so increase workload.

If a player uses the dpad, then by pressing this to move rather than tapping the screen it automatically disables pets attacking monsters.

If a player doesn't want their pets to participate in pvm, then there is always the option to store them in the pet stable or house (if owned). Easier still, park them away from the pvm location and keep an eye on the minimap.
Ysharj

Post by Ysharj »

Leone wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:37 am I'm not sure whether such ideas will be implemented. I can imagine players forgetting to enable the attack setting, their pets die and then they complain to GMs and so increase workload.

If a player uses the dpad, then by pressing this to move rather than tapping the screen it automatically disables pets attacking monsters.

If a player doesn't want their pets to participate in pvm, then there is always the option to store them in the pet stable or house (if owned). Easier still, park them away from the pvm location and keep an eye on the minimap.
but I want it to participate. By tanking.
Well, its just an idea, doing or not doing it is not up to me.
Bence
Oizys

Post by Oizys »

I could see plenty of confusion on the parts of players. Probably people who forget to turn it on, accidentally turn it off, etc. The only big reason you wouldn't want pets to attack that I can think of is so they don't take away kills from the player on kill quests. There are plenty of ways to handle that with the current mechanics.
Not Active
Ysharj

Post by Ysharj »

Oizys wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:52 pm I could see plenty of confusion on the parts of players. Probably people who forget to turn it on, accidentally turn it off, etc. The only big reason you wouldn't want pets to attack that I can think of is so they don't take away kills from the player on kill quests. There are plenty of ways to handle that with the current mechanics.
could you tell me an example? I have the quest to kill the leprechaun but beside asking help from someone, I could not really find a way. I am an lvl 386 mage.
I tried to kill it by statting myself to just enough dex and str, but I am not strong enough to kill it. Next time I used a pet to help, but it killed the leprechaun, so I didnt get the kill.
Bence
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

Asking help from someone or getting stronger are your best two options.
Sanz

Post by Sanz »

It is really helpful because sometimes when i'm bypassing Higher level mobs my pets is doing unnecessary bravery that lead to their death by getting slapped.

To avoid someone forgetting to turn on the Attack button for pets, it will be be better if it's like /wait command.

Logging off and changing map will reset the command.
Leone

Post by Leone »

You can already use the /wait command. This is a very successful method to keep pets in relative safety. For example, at the Silverwood Castle entrance.

You can also use the dpad (joystick) which means pets will follow you and not attack monsters. If you would like some help to practise this, please ask.

As described in the posts above, the pet attack function will not be disabled. It will lead to more work for GMs as players forget whether attack is enabled or disabled.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Don't ask for anything. Got it?

Why? Because that's the way it is!
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.