Displaying Level

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Elgur

Displaying Level

Post by Elgur »

I would like to have the option to not display my level. To be or not to be displaying my level.
Can this be made possible
I think I would prefer if other players could not see it./b]
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Lestat

Re: Displaying Level

Post by Lestat »

Very Bad Idea

First and foremost... This would be an instantly abused addition.
All that would be required to boost pvp wins- hide level, put on low level gear, goto know low level pvp areas and wait. Those eager pvp seekers that quickly check level and gear, would just see gear and attack a much higher opponent.

There is really no logical reason to hide level.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

[bpvp players where noob armor all the time[/b]
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with lestat for the same reason.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Elgur wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:59 am [bpvp players where noob armor all the time[/b]
Yes and they have their level shown. In name and on gear/info page. Remove the shown level and you basically appear the same as any other noob.

If you cant see the issue, then you would be one using it in this described way.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I suspect the reason may be the opposite. Too much pvp attention which is not wanted. Talented pvp'ers only restriction, if you aren't in a clan, is if they are over your level otherwise attacks are common. The suggestion I suspect has more to do with wanting to be left alone than seeking an advantage over someone else. But buying pvp protection so you can play freely is an option that not everyone can afford. This too has been discussed a non pvp option choosing once and having to abide by it yes or no. Having said that we certainly don't want it to be made EASIER for aggressive players.
Retired
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Ok bad idea lol. :lol:
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

[bWell, actually, it's not a bad idea, as a matter of fact, I played a game where, when someone view your character portrait, your level was dis played there, rather than clogging up the game screen with everyone's names and levels like at the start map.

So, no, it's not a bad idea, it's a good idea Elgur. Just look at all the scripting pollution at start map. Could do away with all that and just have it all in your ID slot along with your armor and weapons and gold and such

Great idea Elgur! :)[/b]
Ignorance is brought to subjugation only by going beyond its own principle.

An excerpt from Dr. Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki's book: Essays in Zen Buddhism Volume 1
a 3 volume set.