GM help us clear up the misunderstandings

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ayoub

Re: GM help us clear up the misunderstandings

Post by Ayoub »

Some players keep breaking the rules everyday. And acting they are peaceful.... Just stop it we all know you .Everyone get What he deserves.
#We're all in the same game, just different levels#
#Dealing with the same hell, just different devils#

#Calmness is the cradle of power#
Jdjsnaba

Post by Jdjsnaba »

Gullander wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:42 pm Such violations of rules have always been handled between the GM and player privately. By the speed of the posts on this thread I suspect the whole thing is contrived between certain players to use public opinion to alter the judgements already given. Until violatiins are handled differently other than private such threads should be removed.
I think since these players wrote here, it means they never heard the answers to their questions
What is the problem with simply giving a public answer if these players have given their consent?
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Gullander wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:42 pm Such violations of rules have always been handled between the GM and player privately. By the speed of the posts on this thread I suspect the whole thing is contrived between certain players to use public opinion to alter the judgements already given. Until violatiins are handled differently other than private such threads should be removed.
It is clear that people are upset. I certainly cannot know who is or isn't telling the truth for certain, but from personal experience I can say that if the GM team acts ENTIRELY in good faith in all cases, it would mean that their tools must be defective in some cases.
The GM's almost never concretely describe the issue, and explain exactly which rule was broken in what way.

We all have to agree to the rules as they are written, when we create our accounts. It is therefore expected from everyone that we follow what the rules say. However, the team does not operate under what the rules strictly say, it instead does things on a more case by case basis or at least whether a certain GM does or doesn't think something is or isn't allowed.

If you are a player that spends all their time leveling in peace, alone, without drama, some wording in the rules doesn't really matter; all you need is common sense to comply with everything.
BUT, if you play in clans or engage in PvP, or some other extreme exception, that doesn't really work that way. In such cases you need to know clearly and unambiguously what is or isn't allowed. (For example, pet killing. Are you allowed to run past? Are you allowed to spawn a ton?.... You need to know clearly.). But the rules are rather ambiguous which leaves a lot of room for personal interpretation which probably causes a lot of these cases.
People who put a lot of respect in rules and try to follow every last fine print in the rules, can still get punished, because a GM simply read the rules in a different way. Or, usually, the GM just did as the GM thought was right according to their own view of what should or shouldn't be allowed.

Something which everyone should be able to agree with, is that the rules should be clear and the GM's should enforce the rules as they are written. That would make everything clearer for everyone.

EDIT: And as you can see from the title the players making this thread have made, it's not a demand of being released or anything of that sort, it's simply trying to sort things out in a clear way. I believe everyone should agree that transparency is good. And if these people broke some rule unknowingly, they should be shown which rule it is, so they don't do it again. That's why clear wording of the rules is important and the GM's should show exactly which part(s) have been broken.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

Lesovik 77 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:07 pm -My game nickname is Legat2 lvl 3861
Date of punishment 25.12.2023
-the punishment was issued without explanation (which point of the rules was violated)
-I was punished for using mobs in PVP.
So, you were told why you were punished. Case closed.

If you were told to contact a GM in 30 days for release, it means you are being jailed for 30 days. When you get out after contacting a GM might be dependent on how busy they are, as it takes our time and resources to do so.
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

killer6061 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:14 pm Hi, I would like to talk about the new gm galbatroix, or rather about his actions, he punishes Russian-speaking players and Latinos without reports and evidence just from the words of his friends when you ask him about the term and reason for punishment, he threatens either with prolongation or ignores, for example, an opasnii player attacked a player (AZ AD) who had the status of an outcast and he was in the clan who threw monsters at his pets, which you can see if you look at the logs and told a completely different story to his friend galbatroix literally a week later, AZ AD destroyed the pet of the Sashs player that you can also look at the logs and I can name the time of the crime I have this information, he put the Lorion player in jail for that he blocked the way to the clan location, which is also not spelled out in the rules, there is a jinix player, he has a house in a certain place and he uses it to prevent him from raising the level and killing pets, there are many reports on him, but he is not in danger why such an injustice?
None of these appear to be cases related.tp your account, so we can't comment further. Thanks for your understanding.
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

-Opasnii- wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:21 pm -Opasnii- , 442 level , 12/24.23 Opasnii , 907 level , 12/16.23
I don't understand why I was put in prison. I was jailed for attempting to kill pets for a month, ...
It seems like you're pretty clear on why to me.
Jdjsnaba

Post by Jdjsnaba »

Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:24 pm
Lesovik 77 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:07 pm -My game nickname is Legat2 lvl 3861
Date of punishment 25.12.2023
-the punishment was issued without explanation (which point of the rules was violated)
-I was punished for using mobs in PVP.
So, you were told why you were punished. Case closed.

If you were told to contact a GM in 30 days for release, it means you are being jailed for 30 days. When you get out after contacting a GM might be dependent on how busy they are, as it takes our time and resources to do so.
Although I agree with your opinion, I still have to express my dissatisfaction. Why, if the punishment for this violation was increased, no information was published?
I think that in order for players to have fewer questions about these matters, it is necessary to publish any information with changes to the rules or penalties for violating them
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

Players are never happy when being jailed. Whether concerns are contrived or real is very hard to say. If you give a clear reason, every player tries to argue about why their behavior was ok. If let off, they brag to friends about how they "got away with it".

In many cases, especially repeat offenders, you are dealing what you sow. If you claim to have read the rules, but you don't understand that repeat offenders can be permanently jailed or banned, you better go read them again...
Jdjsnaba

Post by Jdjsnaba »

Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:35 pm Players are never happy when being jailed. Whether concerns are contrived or real is very hard to say. If you give a clear reason, every player tries to argue about why their behavior was ok. If let off, they brag to friends about how they "got away with it".

In many cases, especially repeat offenders, you are dealing what you sow. If you claim to have read the rules, but you don't understand that repeat offenders can be permanently jailed or banned, you better go read them again...
But as stated above, the rules have an ambiguous meaning and they are not clear to everyone
I think it would be great to see something like “you broke rule 9 by blocking the exit with a fire” in the GM’s response.
In this case, it would be immediately clear to the players why they were punished
Jdjsnaba

Post by Jdjsnaba »

Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:28 pm
-Opasnii- wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:21 pm -Opasnii- , 442 level , 12/24.23 Opasnii , 907 level , 12/16.23
I don't understand why I was put in prison. I was jailed for attempting to kill pets for a month, ...
It seems like you're pretty clear on why to me.
Of course, in the first part everything is clear, but in the second there are many questions
Why was the second account also punished
What did he do wrong by trying to talk to the GM
And finally, what is his punishment period for the second account