GM help us clear up the misunderstandings

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Aogon

Re: GM help us clear up the misunderstandings

Post by Aogon »

What some of you all fail to understand is that GMs aren't dealing with these things in a vacuum. We talk details of cases over with each other, share opinions on cases and whether someone should be punished and for how long. And we all try to support each other and to help each other treat everyone fairly.

If you were jailed, there's a chance some details were misunderstood, but from my perspective, that's extremely rare. So, arguing about the facts or whether something is actually a rule is a waste of your time and usually the GMs time.

If you have a legitimate question about a rule or why you were punished, read the rules again first and see if it answers your question. If you still don't understand, tell the GM what you think you did, and ask why it's against the rules. You're much more likely to get a fair answer.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Jdjsnaba wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:44 pm
Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:28 pm
-Opasnii- wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:21 pm -Opasnii- , 442 level , 12/24.23 Opasnii , 907 level , 12/16.23
I don't understand why I was put in prison. I was jailed for attempting to kill pets for a month, ...
It seems like you're pretty clear on why to me.
Of course, in the first part everything is clear, but in the second there are many questions
Why was the second account also punished
What did he do wrong by trying to talk to the GM
And finally, what is his punishment period for the second account
Read rule 4. He keeps breaking rules and probably got reported by other players too... He killed my friends pet and tryd to kill mine too. I also saw him being very rude which would most likely be counted as harassment, not public but to me in PM's, he also claims he is afk... There are many rules he broke and keeps breaking.
Screenshot_20231227_214940_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231227_214940_Gallery.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 593653 times
Screenshot_20231227_215015_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231227_215015_Gallery.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 593653 times
3.3k+ mage
Lorion

Post by Lorion »

Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:35 pm Players are never happy when being jailed. Whether concerns are contrived or real is very hard to say. If you give a clear reason, every player tries to argue about why their behavior was ok. If let off, they brag to friends about how they "got away with it".

In many cases, especially repeat offenders, you are dealing what you sow. If you claim to have read the rules, but you don't understand that repeat offenders can be permanently jailed or banned, you better go read them again...
If a player is unfairly jailed and it have full proofs of that still there someone...we know who i wont mention comes with execuses "YOU BREAKED RULEE!!" Ok,explain it to me please how i did it?and what you get for it? "Your childish behaviour will end now or i will ban you" i think here we all need a little mind cleaning because not only players are having "bad behaviour" and that can be proven but what players say nobody care
§Move in silence,only speak when it's time to say checkmate...§
Nicole-_-

Post by Nicole-_- »

Opasnii wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:35 pm -Opasnii- , 442 level , 12/24.23 Opasnii , 907 level , 12/16.23
I don't understand why I was put in prison.I was jailed for attempting to kill pets for a month, even though there was pvp.I was put in jail for Theo trying to kill me, and I spawned mobs so that he wouldn't run away while BQ was killing him. Theo's pets did not die.
I contacted Galbatrox, he said that I should write to Reven, but he has not visited the forum since December 21st.I contacted Galbatrox, he said that the date of punishment was given by Reven , later for asking why a month when there was a week in the rules, Galbatrox told me that Reven added another week to the punishment. Later, I tried to contact them again in the game, after which my second account was sent to prison.
I give my consent to the public discussion of my case
you put yourself in jail "using mobs to assist in pvp" is against the rules bud
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.
Nicole-_-

Post by Nicole-_- »

Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:35 pm Players are never happy when being jailed. Whether concerns are contrived or real is very hard to say. If you give a clear reason, every player tries to argue about why their behavior was ok. If let off, they brag to friends about how they "got away with it".

In many cases, especially repeat offenders, you are dealing what you sow. If you claim to have read the rules, but you don't understand that repeat offenders can be permanently jailed or banned, you better go read them again...
i agree, but this makes me comment now, how was me killing Reven's player account harassment when I hadn't seen em in a while i know he's been on ya but i killed him for healing a player i soon was about to kill :?:
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Aogon wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:54 pm If you have a legitimate question about a rule or why you were punished, read the rules again first and see if it answers your question. If you still don't understand, tell the GM what you think you did, and ask why it's against the rules. You're much more likely to get a fair answer.
Assuming good faith on both sides, why does the team not work with me in my case?

Because when I asked Seth, he said that what I was doing was within the rules and I am certain that he is right. And you told me I should message him over the whole thing, and I still haven't received a response...
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
srle0nida$

Post by srle0nida$ »

One thing is true: putting Galbatroix as GM was the worst mistake an ADMIN could make, when he became GM, a few days ago he was participating in a war and fighting for the English side.
As much as he says he is impartial, he is not. And his actions prove it!
Russian and Latino players are arrested every day. Are we the only ones who make mistakes in the game? No.

I have already reported Jinnx, Theo with videos and photos of them killing my pets.
Report JokerPoker with videos and photos of him breaking rules
I reported Killerog for killing pets with /time to look at the records and nothing was done.
And to this day he keeps saying that he still doesn't have the authority to arrest, but every day he arrests someone.

He became a GM to defend his friends and punish his enemies.

A GM must be at least a neutral player, who does not position himself in PVP, or better yet, must be a person who does not play, is trained and has no friends.

The combatant needs to intervene immediately!

I wonder what will happen to the game if your mutiny works and you arrest all your enemies. Want a game just for you? Who will attack? Will there be no more wars? Won't that be boring?
Who has been on the throne, knows how to get back!

SrLe0nidaS - 5000
SixthMage - 1500
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

srle0nida$ wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:06 am One thing is true: putting Galbatroix as GM was the worst mistake an ADMIN could make, when he became GM, a few days ago he was participating in a war and fighting for the English side.
Russian and Latino players are arrested every day. Are we the only ones who make mistakes in the game? No.

I have already reported Jinnx, Theo with videos and photos of them killing my pets.
I reported Killerog for killing pets with /time to look at the records and nothing was done.
And to this day he keeps saying that he still doesn't have the authority to arrest, but every day he arrests someone.

A GM must be at least a neutral player, who does not position himself in PVP, or better yet, must be a person who does not play, is trained and has no friends.

I wonder what will happen to the game if your mutiny works and you arrest all your enemies. Want a game just for you? Who will attack? Will there be no more wars? Won't that be boring?
He's a JrGM still, so all his cases are worked with another GM. That's to make sure they understand the rules and nuances properly, and to make sure biases aren't creeping in.

You may think only one "side" is getting jailed, but that's probably because you're only talking to one "side" about getting jailed.

Sugar catches a lot more flies than vinegar.
Lorion

Post by Lorion »

Aogon wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:12 am
srle0nida$ wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:06 am One thing is true: putting Galbatroix as GM was the worst mistake an ADMIN could make, when he became GM, a few days ago he was participating in a war and fighting for the English side.

He's a JrGM still, so all his cases are worked with another GM. That's to make sure they understand the rules and nuances properly, and to make sure biases aren't creeping in.

You may think only one "side" is getting jailed, but that's probably because you're only talking to one "side" about getting jailed.

Sugar catches a lot more flies than vinegar.
I havent seen players from oposite side being jailed,on this topic you answered to everyone's post except mine because i made LONG LONG pharagraph with total profs and you know im right but peoples just dont want to admit it
Last edited by Lorion on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
§Move in silence,only speak when it's time to say checkmate...§
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

I assume non English speakers may have a harder time following the rules, as they either don't have a reliable translation from already subjective rules or even just need to use Google translate.

Perhaps that's why it seems more of them have issues with following the rules.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst