What are we doing?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SK1976

Re: What are we doing?

Post by SK1976 »

And if we creating new, the whole game must be overworked. It would not be easy ;)
DUKE of SK-Clan
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Gullander wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:01 pm I think it's time to take a serious look at this games rating. At present it is rated for Everyone 10+. I must advocate for a Teen rating 17+. Although it is ultimately the parents responsibility to judge whether a young person should play a game or not, often when they see Everyone they trust it is safe for their preteen or young teen to play. Seriously does anyone who plays this game and frequents this forum think it is appropriate for youngsters? Again I ask what are we doing?

This is what is found by new players, it is far from a safe haven. Granted as long as any game has monsters to dispatch there will be violence but for the most part that is impersonal, in fact it is framed within the context of a noble cause to undo evil. Sadly the game doesn't ever allow you to have a final victory over evil, but that is another subject. What players do find is a pvp environment which isn't just player against player, though there isn't any tie in how pvp aids you in completing the game, and often split along ethnic lines. What you do find is in the name of pvp not only fun testing of skills in fighting, but the expression of hate. What the younger player finds is a ton of disrespectful actions and attitudes. Even on the forum it often devolves to adult personal issues that do little to support it's current game rating.

If the game is continually focused on negativity instead of the fun a game should have, at present I feel sorry for new players, especially the younger ones. That isn't to say there aren't players who are positive role models here, there are, but it is increasingly difficult with the negativity and I might add growing disdain of things as they are. I don't think any 10 year old should play this game in it's present state as it tends to reinforce what's wrong with the world in microcosm. Hate, mistrust, violence for violence sake, and disrespect aren't mentioned in the glowing game description of what awaits them.

I'm not advocating for a change in how the game operates, I still hold as long as a player plays lawfully he ought to be free to play in the mode that pleases him as a game should bring pleasure or why play it? I am asking that serious consideration be given to providing protection for new players by removing the facade of it being an Everyone game to a higher game rating.

Years ago, I made a point to the developer and GMs that the game should have a higher age rating. I even left it in my review on play store. Now, I see that other players with responsible minds are thinking the same way.
I have a 13yr old daughter, and there's NO WAY I'd allow her to play FT. Chat moderation is far from effective, due to an overworked/undersized team. Toxic players are bad in any MMO, but FT has far too many, because few ever actually get banned from the game. Most players who commit EVEN A FRACTION of the rules violations I've seen here would have been permanently banned from most games.

In short, THANK YOU, GULLANDER, for bringing this point back to the forefront again. Maybe one day we'll see effective change, although I won't be holding my breath waiting...
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

mYHome wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 pm {snip}
If you knew the value of time, you would understand me

But sooner or later the time will come when you will understand it, but you will not be able to turn back time

Value yourself and your time
Have a nice day and good health to you, your family and all your close people
Well said. I salute you.
I recently returned for the social aspect of the game.
To chat with old friends from around the world.

I wish you, and your family all the best.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I will say this, it is my personal belief that with the way the internet is that I don't allow my kids (kids I have gained through my wife aka not my own offspring but still my kids nonetheless) to play games where there is an in game chat, for safety reasons.

I think FT should be rated higher than 10yrs+ and at minimum I would say 16+ so 17+ has my support.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Gullander wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:01 pm I think it's time to take a serious look at this games rating. At present it is rated for Everyone 10+. I must advocate for a Teen rating 17+. Although it is ultimately the parents responsibility to judge whether a young person should play a game or not, often when they see Everyone they trust it is safe for their preteen or young teen to play. Seriously does anyone who plays this game and frequents this forum think it is appropriate for youngsters? Again I ask what are we doing?

This is what is found by new players, it is far from a safe haven. Granted as long as any game has monsters to dispatch there will be violence but for the most part that is impersonal, in fact it is framed within the context of a noble cause to undo evil. Sadly the game doesn't ever allow you to have a final victory over evil, but that is another subject. What players do find is a pvp environment which isn't just player against player, though there isn't any tie in how pvp aids you in completing the game, and often split along ethnic lines. What you do find is in the name of pvp not only fun testing of skills in fighting, but the expression of hate. What the younger player finds is a ton of disrespectful actions and attitudes. Even on the forum it often devolves to adult personal issues that do little to support it's current game rating.

If the game is continually focused on negativity instead of the fun a game should have, at present I feel sorry for new players, especially the younger ones. That isn't to say there aren't players who are positive role models here, there are, but it is increasingly difficult with the negativity and I might add growing disdain of things as they are. I don't think any 10 year old should play this game in it's present state as it tends to reinforce what's wrong with the world in microcosm. Hate, mistrust, violence for violence sake, and disrespect aren't mentioned in the glowing game description of what awaits them.

I'm not advocating for a change in how the game operates, I still hold as long as a player plays lawfully he ought to be free to play in the mode that pleases him as a game should bring pleasure or why play it? I am asking that serious consideration be given to providing protection for new players by removing the facade of it being an Everyone game to a higher game rating.
I rarely like quoting full posts. But with Gull's post I think it is important. This game, IMHO, should not have a "Everyone" rating.

The language is horrible, the innuendos even worse and the push toward violence for ethnic, religious or cultural differences is something we should not be pushing as "OK" to an "Everyone" audience.

Ayoub put it better than I can:
Post by Ayoub » Sat 13 Apr, 2024 @ 12:06
-Honestly i kicked many kids close to me from playing it. Bcs It is impossible not to see the hate speech ,Racism in speech , (especially time of pvp). Sometimes kids hear a words don't even know what they means.
Good for you Ayoub That's the kind of "adult supervision" this game is lacking, someone interested in stopping "hate speech and racism" in the game.

Now "Why is this game lacking adult supervision?"
Without adult supervision and without putting offenders in jail for 99 years, young kids should not be allow to play this game.

I agree with Gull: I to advocate for a Teen rating 17+ or even 18+

madmaniacal1 puts it in an excellent way as well.
madmaniacal1 wrote: Years ago, I made a point to the developer and GMs that the game should have a higher age rating. I even left it in my review on play store. Now, I see that other players with responsible minds are thinking the same way.
I have a 13yr old daughter, and there's NO WAY I'd allow her to play FT. Chat moderation is far from effective, due to an overworked/undersized team. Toxic players are bad in any MMO, but FT has far too many, because few ever actually get banned from the game. Most players who commit EVEN A FRACTION of the rules violations I've seen here would have been permanently banned from most games.

In short, THANK YOU, GULLANDER, for bringing this point back to the forefront again. Maybe one day we'll see effective change, although I won't be holding my breath waiting...
italics mine
Why aren't these toxic players banned?
I have an opinion on that but will not voice it here for fear of a flame war!

Raise the rating of the game.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

DwarfTank wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:15 am I will say this, it is my personal belief that with the way the internet is that I don't allow my kids (kids I have gained through my wife aka not my own offspring but still my kids nonetheless) to play games where there is an in game chat, for safety reasons.

I think FT should be rated higher than 10yrs+ and at minimum I would say 16+ so 17+ has my support.
yup. i think its PG12 :)
DUKE of SK-Clan