some generic ideas

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DarkestEnd

some generic ideas

Post by DarkestEnd »

Astore the title suggests just some ideas of other pvp/pve games I play.

Pvp is good but unbalanced, players with swords, axes and clubs are to a disadvantage to mages and archers
(non ranged vs ranged is terrible (they always run)

Mages are at a disadvantage to archers as well
(mages must wait on mama to reload before being able to cast spells (archers just keep going))

Mages have 4 upgrades to deal with unlike that other characters who only have 3 but for some reason mages are only given 2 upgrade points like the others
(my suggestion is give mages 3 upgrade points and balance it)

Pvp
As I said it's good and nice work on the game but introduce a official clan war where a duke must declare war onto the other clan, be able to set allies in the war to help you if their duke accepts.
(this will allow leaderboards of both players vs clan buildings and pvp (winner of the war get paid a sum of money)
Offer a surrender option (gives the point to the other clan for leaderboard) (however this could be abused for points so put a 2 week delay on the next clan war the two sides have against one another)

While they would be in a clan war deactivate the players abilities to kill anyone (unless attacked first)
(exception would be the war)

Allow clans to withdraw money, give an option of the storage of the clan being open to members or what privileges are needed.

Just some generic ideas, dunno if people will agree with them but thank you for reading
MadMikael

Re: some generic ideas

Post by MadMikael »

I've been a big fan of class balancing since the first time I was attacked. Many others feel the same way. I believe its in the works.

Really like the clan ideas, declaring war, alliances, and leaderboards. Right now whats going on in clans is confusing and mysterious, even to clan members. Some (or all) of this has been suggested before, but they're still good ideas.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Elia

Post by Elia »

MadMikael wrote:I've been a big fan of class balancing since the first time I was attacked. Many others feel the same way. I believe its in the works.
Great! Melee is great at PvP. None can escape its lethal blows, be it an evil mage, or a bandit archer! But the melee needs the assistance of one of the afore-mentioned units. Melee alone can't kill even the lowest level of archer! I can kill your level 94 swordsman with a level 4 archer. Of course, it would take a long time. :D

Okay, you are being pierced to death by a hit-and-run archer, or a back-stabber mage, you can't do anything but a futile chase to your utter frustration, you hear others laughing in sleeves. You just wanna kill yourself due to your utter frustration. :lol: Being level 100 you are nothing. :D What to do?

Train a deadly archer and keep him to save you from such embarrassments and bullying. There is no help, no mercy; it's the land called Forgotten Tales, a place meant for the fittest.
DarkestEnd

Post by DarkestEnd »

I believe I have found the solution to the pvp problem, within another game.

Pets, no ranged players get bird and ranged players get a wee troll.

Basically you pay 500k for a pet (limit it to one or it'll go nuts) they can't be attacked by players but they can attack players.

Idea is birds would be fast and follow the pvp target and trolls would be slow and also follow attack target.

They would have to be upgraded like players (they never die unless killed by an npc)

Would have x3 regeneration of a player an unable to equip items so they will just be pure levels (could introduce items later for them)

This wouldnt cure the pvp problem but it would go along way